• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chemin de Paris Illiers-Combray

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Working on an itinerary for the Chemin de Paris starting next Spring. I haven't been to Chartres in years and years so I would like to begin walking from there avoiding the Paris metropolitan walk-out. If Chartres, then another slight slip-slide off Camino and the literary minded pilgrim will find himself in Illiers-Combray visiting with Proust. Not only Proust but the name of the village church is...Eglise Saint-Jacques-yet another reason to visit! Has anyone actually walked this? Is Illiers-Combray actually on this diversion? Thank you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think Illiers-Combray is more on the cycle route, but it's totally doable, just adds some kms, and probably more road-walking. At the far side of Ermenonville, just follow the chemin à velo markings.

ETA The recommended footpath goes to Luplante and La Bourdiniere St. Loup, but its only advantage is that it's shorter. BTW, don't forget to visit with Zola in Cloyes-sur-le-Loir.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I haven't been to Chartres in years

I forgot to say I fear you may in for a bit of a shock, if you aren't aware of the highly controversial "restoration" they just completed. But the external son et lumiere at night is lovely, if they're doing that when you visit. I think it only runs part of the year.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back