• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chemin St Jaques - Le Puy

jl

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
Unbelievably, the time is almost upon me to begin my second Camino. I leave home on August 1st (the day after tomorrow!!!!!) and arrive in Le Puy the next day, along with my sister in law. We will have two nights and one day in which to rest and recuperate after the long flight, and plan on departing Le puy on Saturday 4th. We then slowly but surely will make our way across to Pamplona, where Liz will leave the Camino and then I plan to continue on to Santiago de Compostela.

I found my last Camino in 2005 ( from Toulouse, via the Camino Aragonese and the Camino Frances) so rewarding, uplifting, stimulating, and challenging that I feel called to undertake this second Camino.

I know this too will be challenging - especially in the current heat wave that is occurring in Europe - but I also know that it will be very rewarding and satisfying. I am really looking forward to my adventures - small and large, and maybe meeting some of you along the way. I am anticiapting being in Roncevalles around the 6th September.

I have been a reasonably silent member of this forum, but have read, with interest, your comments and discussions. Thank you all.

Buen Camino. Janet

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Bonne Route!

We did Le Puy to Pamplona in May and June and I will put a summary up here soon. I guess you will have a very different experience with weather and companions - the route will be a lot less crowded and - I do hope for your sake - a lot less wet and muddy.

Best wishes, Windy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I look forward to hearing about your account: I hope to start in Le Puy mid-April-ish next year. I have been watching the temperatures along the French part of the Le Puy route for months now and there hasn't been any heat wave in France this year! The best weather was in April and it has been showery most days since, and a 'good' day has mostly only reached low 20s. http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/mameteo/p ... ID=FR43157
(But last year in France I was in a June heat wave that lasted for about ten days: I soon learned to cycle early and have siesta under a tree in the afternoons!)

Windy, thanks for your current posting as well. Interesting about the leggings: I have some which I occasionally need here in NZ, to maintain warmth when it gets really wet. And I know that last year I was caught out a few times and got absolutely drenched, including one memorable day in Cahors when the old hilly medieval streets turned into absolute torrents for the morning. I wished I had leggings then! But I have not seen people talk about leggings. After your advice, I will definitely be packing them, especially as I am starting when spring is only just getting underway.

Buen Camino Janet! Keep us informed. I'm starting from Le Puy in early September so am keen for any info. Getting close now, so I'm pretty excited!

Kiwinomad, thanks for that link. I've been watching some other weather sights that aren't nearly as good.

Chemin St Jaques - Le Puy

Buen Camino. We will follow your postings with great interest as we plan to do our second Camino this coming mid April, begining in Le Puy. May you have great weather during yuor journey. Steve

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back