• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cherbourg to Poitiers; Walking from Dublin to Santiago

Kevin Considine

Time of past OR future Camino
I walked the Camino Frances in 2015 and met many Irish who inspired me to walk from Ireland this year. I am going to walk from Dublin starting at St. James Gate at the Guinness factory. I can walk the Wicklow Way and then go on to Rosslare and take ferry to Cherbourg. Then there is a Way to Mont. St. Michel, but from there I cant find much other than it looks like you walk to Poitiers and then are on the Tours Way? Looking for suggestions and direction?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Last edited:
thanks. The spreadsheet is helpful. I will probably do Mont St. Michel to Tours and then pick up the route coming from Paris.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked from Cherbourg in 2013, but not via Poitiers. If you PM me your email address I will send you my "as walked" itinerary.

Hi Kevin,

I would also recommend the Breton Association as per mspath above. When I was in Brittany last year I bought the French version of the guide book which shows the routes, daily stages and accommodations through Brittany. Some friends walked some of the stages from Abbaye de Beauport last September and would highly recommend the route. It is very well sign posted.

Paul.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.