• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chinchon

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
Hello wise folks of the forum :)

I'm 50km South of Madrid in a town called Chinchon. I spotted some yellow arrows on a wall close to the church in the old town but can find no reference to a camino here? It's a fabulous old town... Is it on a route or are the arrows something very different?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I love these questions, gives me opportunities to find new caminos, which I really need like a hole in the head, but it is fun anyway.

This one has been hard to find, but I have found something on the website of the ayuntamiento of Navalperal de Pinares, about 120 km northwest of Chinchón and not on any well-known camino either. But on that website, there is a description of a route that comes from Valencia and goes through Chinchón-Valdemoro-Robledo (all towns mentioned in a written camino account from the 17th century), and another route that comes from Albacete through Toledo and Cebreros (all of these are on the Levante), which then arrives in Navalperal as well. So, though the focus of this website, logically, is to highlight the importance of Navalperal in Camino history, it does suggest that the route from Chinchón, if marked, would start in Valencia and pass through Navalperal. In Navalperal, the historical documents suggest that the peregrinos either got on what we know as the Camino de Madrid (through Coca, Simancas, Medina de Rioseco, Sahagún) or followed the Levante through Ávila.

Here’s a link to the website of Navalperal.

So, start walking @LesBrass! Buen camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sadly neither of us like aniseed so we had to pass but the wine was just 80 cents a glass and my husband ordered a gin and tonic and it came in a half litre glass :oops:

Thanks for the link... Interesting read. It does kind of make sense that if you were coming from Valenca you would walk in the Chinchon direction. The town was important in roman times and was important for agriculture so it makes sense to have passing trade? Its really lovely countryside... Would be a fabulous walk. Perhaps its the missing camino linking the south to Madrid?

We're driving south today down to Malaga but my books are in the car and I imagine there will be walking over the next few weeks :cool:

15799921820153.jpg15800406454295.jpg15800406453592.jpg15799921824204.jpg15799921823863.jpg15799921823502.jpg15799921821257.jpg15799921820785.jpg15800406452871.jpg15800406454164.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Enjoy your travels, Colleen! Your timing is perfect in terms of having missed the crazy storm here in Spain that went on for several days last week.
Hope we can meet-up again one day.

Stayed in Chinchon many years ago, fabulous town with the most lovely parador. Restaurants in the plaza Major all have terraces to sit and eat and gaze down onto the square.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back