• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Christmas Eve at Granon or New Year's Eve at San Bol.

RENSHAW

Official Camino Vino taster
Time of past OR future Camino
2003 CF Ronces to Santiago
Hospi San Anton 2016.
These sound like two great prospects - which one would you choose?
I was very fortunate to spend Easter Sunday at Granon ; it was really special and leaves me with fond memories for a lifetime.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Unfortunately Renshaw, I believe San Bol is closed during the winter now that its been taken over by the authorities! If the old guard had still been running the place it would have no doubt been one heck of a party NYE!

Personally, I like the idea of camping there at San Bol, even if it is closed. They have the spring, firepit and plenty of trees to string a hammock. Get a group together and enjoy the special spirit of that oasis in the desert.

String a hammock in the winter :shock: ? Not for me!

Haven't been to San Bol but imagine that Christmas Eve in Grañon would be wonderful.

Early planning for next year RENSHAW?

Groet from NL,
LT

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Were you at Granon Easter Sunday, 2010?
I was hospitalero there then, along with Desire an Italian woman and Marina, from Spain.
Wonderful memories. Such fantastic pilgrims each day.

I think Christmas Eve in Granon could be cold and lonely. I don't know if the priest would turn on the heat for 1 or 2 pilgrims, but you could light a fire! And attend the Christmas Mass in the Church. Memorable, whatever happens and potentially a great blessing.

Not familiar with San Bol.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

skilsaw said:
Were you at Granon Easter Sunday, 2010?
I was hospitalero there then, along with Desire an Italian woman and Marina.
Hey Dave , I was there in 2008 on Easter Sunday but I was also there on the 6th of April 2010 and I remember you Guys were Absolute Stars - that was certainly one of the best ever evenings that I have spent on the Camino. There was a chap who sang praises , someone who played the piano and a guy with a guitar while the fire roared away - and the food was amazing.
Thanx Guys. :D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Wonder where I will be next year on the Camino. I hope to start week before semana santa and this means I'll be walking for 14 days when Easter arrives...

I am doing New Year´s Eve in Santiago de Compostela, complete with Holy Door masonry. Not exactly deeply contemplative or worshipful, but I will let you all know how it goes.

Reb.

I dunno ... it could be quite interesting Rebekah....Something about sealing off the past...it is past and done? Let us know! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back