• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Church Services in Santiago

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Here a new list of where and when Masses are celebrated in Santiago (includes Masses in other languages): Source in Spanish, translated summary below:

The Cathedral remains open and accessible from 09:00 to 20:00 to hug the apostle and venerate his tomb.

12:00 every day Pilgrim Mass at San Fransisco (Spanish)

Foreign Language Masses:

Chapel in the Pilgrim's Office

08:30h Mass in French

09:30h Mass in English, followed by continuous prayer in Spanish and English.

17:30h Taizé Pilgrim's Prayer (English and Spanish)

Church of San Fiz de Solovio

08:00h Mass in German (starting 15th May)

09:30h Mass in Polish (starting 1st July)

10:30h Mass in Italian

Ecumenical Celebrations: In the Church of Santa Susana (Contact Don Francisco Buide del Real: 636 923 036 [my addition: he speaks English])

[My addition: Our Anglican/Episcopalian services will start 12th May and services will be at Santa Susana each Sunday at 10:00. There will be also an Orthodox service at the same church every 1. Sunday of the month at 11:00.] See also: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ian-camino-chaplaincy-2019-information.62098/

Masses/Pilgrim Prayer in Spanish

07:30h Church of Santa María Salomé

10:00h Church of Santa María Salomé

12:00h Church of San Francisco PILGRIM MASS

18:00h Church of Santa María Salomé (only Saturdays and Sundays)

19:00h Church of Santa María Salomé

19:00h Church of San Fiz de Solovio Pilgrim Mass (starting 1st June)

20:00h Pilgrim Prayer Church of San Fiz de Solovio (starting 1st June)

BC SY

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As a friend of, and further to her excellent post, here is a .pdf of the official Cathedral notice about Catholic Masses in and around the Cathedral. See attached file...

Also, here is a photo I took this week of the Mass times posting on the door of Iglesia de Santa Maria Salome (the mother of Santiago). It is in .jpg format.

1716CB50-25DB-4786-81D6-AA110E825D5B.jpeg

Attachments

• Cathedral Mass Changes 2019.pdf
    849.6 KB · Views: 10
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
As a friend of, and further to her excellent post, here is a .pdf of the official Cathedral notice about Catholic Masses in and around the Cathedral. See attached file...

Also, here is a photo I took this week of the Mass times posting on the door of Iglesia de Santa Maria Salome (the mother of Santiago). It is in .jpg format.

View attachment 56924
Thank you, this is great. I have copied all the information to my friends who will be walking the Caminó Inglés with me in September 🙏😊

Thank you for that list! We'll be back again this summer, glad to know we can still hug the apostle this year. 🙂

Thank you! Phil and I plan to attend services at Santa Susana at 10 am today. I am a little jet-lagged so up grading papers an checking out the forum right now in our temporary home here in SdC. We're both here for two weeks attending language school and then off be Hospitaleros Voluntarios at Estella. Hope to see you at the service!
Janet

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Will also try to catch one of the English Masses at the Pilgrim's Office although there is a conflict with our class so it will probably be next Saturday.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back