• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cies Islands from Vigo or Baiona in 1 day?

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: Leon-SdC 2016
CF: SJPD-Leon & CP 2023
We are interested in taking 1 day while walking from Porto to SdC to take a 1 day side trip to the Cies Islands. It looks like you can go from Baiona or Vigo. For anyone that has done it--where did you leave from? Can you take a boat in the morning and return the same day? We don't want to spend 2 nights in a tent. What is there to do on island? I assume swimming and hiking? Do you have to take your own food or is there somewhere to buy food? I have seen that you need to get an authorization from the Xunta 1st, then book the boat trip. Please give me details of what you did and where you left from, etc. Thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We are interested in taking 1 day while walking from Porto to SdC to take a 1 day side trip to the Cies Islands. It looks like you can go from Baiona or Vigo. For anyone that has done it--where did you leave from? Can you take a boat in the morning and return the same day? We don't want to spend 2 nights in a tent. What is there to do on island? I assume swimming and hiking? Do you have to take your own food or is there somewhere to buy food? I have seen that you need to get an authorization from the Xunta 1st, then book the boat trip. Please give me details of what you did and where you left from, etc. Thanks!
I visited from Vigo.Well worth the trip.It has beautiful beach’s if you are feeling lazy. I climbed to the highest point which has spectacular views. Where the ferry docks is a cafe where you can get food and drink and use the facilities.Several sailings a day as you need an additional permit to stay overnight. The daily permits can be arranged by the Ferry company in the harbour but I got on to the Xunta website and got a permit number which I gave to the ferry company and that totally speeds up the process.Permits are limited to a certain amount per day so get it early if in high season / good weather

Most read last week in this forum

I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back