• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cinque Terre - where, what, how & a Camino arrow :)

katdavis

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013), C2C(2013), Shikoku 88 Temples(2013), Thames Path(2013), Camino Portuguese(2014), Hadrian's Wall(2014), Cinque Terre(2014), Camino Primitivo(2014), Camino Ingles(2014), PCT(2015), Camino Frances (2015)
Hi,

I've recently walked along the Cinque Terre in Italy, and came across a Via della Costa camino arrow :)

The "azzure" blue route between Corniglia, Manarola & Riomaggiore is still closed (due to landslides in 2011), however there is a higher hiking path linking these three towns. (Tough but incredible!)

National Geographic considers it one of the Top 20 hikes in the world, and the views certainly are breathtaking.

I wrote a blog about it here with details of where, what, how, as well as photos:
http://followingthearrows.wordpress.com/cinque-terre/

If you're looking for a 1 day or 2 day hike with the most stunning views of sea, vineyards, olive and lemon orchards, and delicious food and wine along the way, then this is it!

Buen Camino!
Kat

Attachments

• Cinque Terre-076.JPG
    Cinque Terre-076.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Via della Costa is a 12 stage 355 km coastal route in Italy developed to connect trails in France, from the Santiago, to the route to Rome (The Via Francigena)

I am not sure if there is any historical elements to the route itself as it came into existence only a few years ago after much research and development to find a coastal path between the border of France and Italy and the Via Francigena. The alternative to this route is a route along the coastal mountains called The Alta via dei Monti Liguri (also known as the High Trail or Ligurian Alta Via, or AV for short).

For more information please check out the following link:

http://littlegreentracs.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/page/2/

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks Jirit!

The Via Francigena is a dream of mine so I guess one day I'll be on that same trail again :)

Kat

Via della Costa is a 12 stage 355 km coastal route in Italy developed to connect trails in France, from the Santiago, to the route to Rome (The Via Francigena)

I am not sure if there is any historical elements to the route itself as it came into existence only a few years ago after much research and development to find a coastal path between the border of France and Italy and the Via Francigena. The alternative to this route is a route along the coastal mountains called The Alta via dei Monti Liguri (also known as the High Trail or Ligurian Alta Via, or AV for short).

For more information please check out the following link:

http://littlegreentracs.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/page/2/

Or you can follow the Via Aurelia which isn't excessively busy because of the motorway.

I knew the via Della Costa had a long ways to go when I had to explain to a restaurant owner the significance of the symbols painted on the outside of his building. "You are right on the route"!!! He hadn't noticed any backpacker business.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,

I've recently walked along the Cinque Terre in Italy, and came across a Via della Costa camino arrow :)

The "azzure" blue route between Corniglia, Manarola & Riomaggiore is still closed (due to landslides in 2011), however there is a higher hiking path linking these three towns. (Tough but incredible!)

National Geographic considers it one of the Top 20 hikes in the world, and the views certainly are breathtaking.

I wrote a blog about it here with details of where, what, how, as well as photos:
http://followingthearrows.wordpress.com/cinque-terre/

If you're looking for a 1 day or 2 day hike with the most stunning views of sea, vineyards, olive and lemon orchards, and delicious food and wine along the way, then this is it!

Buen Camino!
Kat

Kat you have just reminded peregrina b and me of our trip in 2008 here are three pics which must have been taken within metres of some of yours bringing back wonderful memories of our trip thank you:)DSC04266.JPGDSC04280.JPGDSC04271.JPG

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.