• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2011 Camino Portugese

Una

I plan to walk the Porugese Camino from Porto in the last two weeks of April, 2011. I would love to hear from pilgrims who have walked this section re what to expect with regard to weather, terrain, accomodation and places and things not to be missed en route. Would also like to hear from people who plan to be on the route at this time.
I heard that there is no bag transporting service available on this route, is that still the case? Also would anyone have any idea of the cost of taxi hire?
Una :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
hi,

at which section do yo refer to? there is a route, i just heard, almost all on the coast, till Vigo, however there are no albergues on that route. i walked from Porto - Viana do Castelo - Caminha on the ocean shore, and then to Valenca (here you can take Caminha - La Guarda with a ferry and go on the coast till Vigo) - Redondela ... Compostela. but you can take the inland route from Porto to Braga, or Barcelos, if you are not interested of the shore. the albergues were ok. the route was not difficult.

and yes, i plan to walk again, this time, as much as i can on the coast, next year :)

I walked it this Spring, mid-April to mid-May. Wonderful weather, usually high 60s F, around 20 C , only a couple of days of serious rain. Not at all crowded. I posted some notes on accomodations in the accomodation section here.

Within a month or so I hope to have a photo essay about the Caminho Portuguese posted in the "Travel Stories" section of my website.

Kit
http://www.arovingvision.com
kst@arovingvision.com

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, I'm gonna start from Porto 3 April next year. Haven't decided exactly what route to take yet, (coast or not), but I need to be back in Porto two weeks later.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back