• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2015

I wish you and your husband all the best Annabel and will keep you in my prayers.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Unfortunately I have had to cancel my plans for this year. :-( I fell and have some tears in the meniscus in my knee which will require Physio and my husband has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I want to be around to support him through these first steps of confirmation biopsies, surgery etc.

I will be doing the walk next year I hope! I have only deferred it! :) Best wishes to all who make the pilgrimage in 2015. xo
Hi Annabel, wish you both all the best in the world, Peter.

Hi. I am from Poland, currently living in Denver, Colorado. My interest in the Camino came from the movie "The Way"a little over a year ago. The amazing story of love, friendship, adventure and self discovery got my full attention.

I'm planning to do the Camino from SJPdP late August / early October. I think it should take me about 37 days based on what I read about this route. Flying into Paris, return from Madrid.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A friend of mine who did the Camino last year gave me some great advice. Get all the relevant details you need, but dont over research it. Learn to go with the flow.
Buen Camino

I came to the same conclusion. I started planning with too many details and am just realizing now that 5 weeks is a long time and sticking strictly to the plan is almost impossible. Plus it seems like a refreshing idea to just go with the flow.

I came to the same conclusion. I started planning with too many details and am just realizing now that 5 weeks is a long time and sticking strictly to the plan is almost impossible. Plus it seems like a refreshing idea to just go with the flow.
A lot of the planning gets tossed out the window the minute you start walking. People you meet, weather, fitness level all come into play. Besides, going with the flow is something we usually don't get to do, at least not to the extent we do on the Camino. Embrace it and enjoy it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I thought they were only looking for twice a day for the last 100KMs? Because really you only have to go 100 KMs to get the document.

As far as I know you only need stamps from the last 100 km to receive the Compostela but if you are planning to walk more why not get some more stamps to fill up the entire passport. One from each town you're staying at for the night should do.

After looking at train and airfare rates for the days we want to travel from Paris to Bayonne I was somewhat shellshocked ... there are SOME cheap fares of course but on the days WE need to travel the rates are ridiculous. Then I had the bright idea of renting a car. When I looked into that option I found that I could get a 3 day rental for about $66 CAD (about $20/day) with unlimited mileage. That would be a much cheaper option even factoring in the cost of gas and food for the both of us. Hubby and I are no strangers to long road trips and in a pinch we could do the trip in one day but then I got another bright idea ... skip Paris altogether (we were initially going to spend a couple days there to decompress) and use the time to slow travel to Bayonne by car (we have to drop the car there as SJPP has no drop off location so will be using expressbouricot to complete the trip) prebooking accomodation using airmiles (I have a ton of points that are due to expire in December, ). Even with the change of plans we could still make it to SJPP in time for our May 4-5 departure. Any locals or more experienced travelers know if this plan is feasible or am I just dreaming too big? I've never actually used airmiles to book accomodation but it looks easy?
You're going to drive out of Paris? I would be terrified to do that! We rented a car in Santiago and drove down through Portugal to Seville after the Camino...and on another trip we rented a car in Lille and drove it down to Spain and back up to Fontainbleu. All to avoid driving around in Paris.
And one thing we learned - driving in France is not the same as driving in Texas. Just because it says it is 200 miles away does not mean it will take 3 hours to get there. More like 5. Plus. You'll drive through a million tiny villages with round a bouts that will slow you drastically. Also, they ticket by drone. Stick to the speed limit.

As far as I know you only need stamps from the last 100 km to receive the Compostela but if you are planning to walk more why not get some more stamps to fill up the entire passport. One from each town you're staying at for the night should do.
Hi Jola , when you walk from Sarria to Santiago you need two stamps a day. When you start in Sjpdp ore some place else you let your credential stamped every day. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You're going to drive out of Paris? I would be terrified to do that! We rented a car in Santiago and drove down through Portugal to Seville after the Camino...and on another trip we rented a car in Lille and drove it down to Spain and back up to Fontainbleu. All to avoid driving around in Paris.
And one thing we learned - driving in France is not the same as driving in Texas. Just because it says it is 200 miles away does not mean it will take 3 hours to get there. More like 5. Plus. You'll drive through a million tiny villages with round a bouts that will slow you drastically. Also, they ticket by drone. Stick to the speed limit.

Hehe .. yep we like to live dangerously ;) Seriously tho it's not the first time we have driven in Europe altho not France or Spain ... we have however driven in Greece and Italy, including downtown Rome and Florence which were both interesting but more from a one way street perspective. They were ALL one way streets for us and they all went the wrong way lol. But my husband is also ex-military (retired) and did a 6 month UN tour in South Sudan. During his time there he did quite a bit of driving in Khartoum and smaller villages where apparently there ARE dring rules but they are pretty simple ... point the car in the direction you want to go ... and go there ... if someone is in your way ... dodge them ... doesn't matter if you drive on the wrong side of the road or the sidewalk just try not to hit anyone or anything on your way and it's fine .... and if there is a hole in traffic it is for YOU .. go FILL it grasshopper! Fearless! Now that I think of it that's a lot like driving in Greece, to be honest although probably on a smaller scale :)

That said we won't be going anywhere near downtown Paris ... we'll rent the car from the train station and head out of dodge to the outskirts where we'll stay the first couple nights before taking a couple days to head down to Bayonne where we will eventually drop the car to taxi into SJPP. We might have one extra day to play with. I tried getting reservations in Orrison for May 4 but they were full so we reserved Kayola ... but Jean_Jacques indicated to me in a foollowup email that he had room in Orrison on the 5th if we wanted so I emailed him right back to say YES and then again a couple days later to confirm the change my reservation but alas I have not yet heard back so I don't know if we got those reservations or not ... starting to get antsy but don't want to be a pest ... unfortunately until I know for sure I cannot proceed with any further arrangements regarding reservations in SJPP so I am in a bit of a bind ... hope we hear back soon ... but in any event we are confirmed and paid for Kayola on the 4th ... I just really wanted to stay in Orrison ... at the worst we'll walk up for dinner ... maybe I should look at the bright side .. it makes Day 1 only 7 km instead of 8 ... well, unless you count the walk up and back for dinner ;)

I will be traveling from Ireland and hope to arrive in SJPP on April 27 , I have no accommodation booked so any suggestions appreciated.
BLʼEsprit du Chemin: Bredan, This is my first Camino, but someone sent me this.

A fabulous place to lay your head in St. Jean Pied de Port. After an all-night transatlantic flight and a second overland slog to the Pyrenees, their warm welcome will get you started on the right foot. Lovely dinner and breakfast. You MUST make your reservations well in advance (Iʼm talking months!) 22 euros/pp http://www.espritduchemin.org/en Refuge dʼOrisson: Its only a 2.5 or so hour hike up from St Jean Pied de Port to Orisson, but if youʼre flying from the US, you will likely be a wreck by the time you arrive at the base of the Pyrenees. If youʼre fit, able and arrive in StJPP 4 hours before sunset, you might consider skipping a night in town and just walking up to Orisson. Be sure to grab some provisions in the village before you start up however; except for one fountain, there is nothing up on the mountain before or after this refuge. Again, reservations, well in advance, are a must! Supper and breakfast included. 33 euros/pp http://www.refuge-orisson.com/auberge_compostelle_pays_basque_contact.php Hospedaria San Martin Pinario: It doesnʼt get better than this! Well, not for the price. Situated right next to the cathedral in Santiago, this monastery now welcomes guests and gives a significant discount for pilgrims (peregrins) Just 20 euros/pp. When you slip into those sheets after x days on the road, youʼll think you died and went to heaven! http://www.sanmartinpinario.eu/index.php?idIdioma=3rendan, This is my first, but I given this information

I will be traveling from Ireland and hope to arrive in SJPP on April 27 , I have no accommodation booked so any suggestions appreciated.

Unfortunately I have had to cancel my plans for this year. :-( I fell and have some tears in the meniscus in my knee which will require Physio and my husband has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I want to be around to support him through these first steps of confirmation biopsies, surgery etc.

I will be doing the walk next year I hope! I have only deferred it! :) Best wishes to all who make the pilgrimage in 2015. xo
The best for you and your husband. God is always planning our lives in interesting ways! I'll be praying for the two of you during my pilgrimage. La bendición de dios para los dos.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your husband for a speedy recovery.

Hello all,
I have booked my flight so I guess I'm committed (or need to be)(take that any way you like) . I arrive in Biarritz on 19 september and plan on walking the Voie de la Nive to SJPP. Will probably leave SJPP the 23rd or 24th then all the way to Finisterra on the Camino Frances . I am looking forward to a leisurely pace and meeting lots of fellow pilgrims . The journey IS the destination. Buen Camino

Welcome Thorny and Buen Camino! I will be leaving SJPdP about 12 days ahead of you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi There,
I'm an Australian looking to walk late April through to May 2015. I've only just begun researching so there is a lot more to do before I go! Looking forward to reading more about it...
It will be a solo trip for me but I've heard it is quiet safe to do....so I'm jumping in!

Kate
Hi Kate , I am starting from St Jean on April 19. I am originally from Sydney but now live in Noosa Qld. I will be taking it very slowly so there's a chance we might meet up.
If not, enjoy every day on this amazing journey, Buen Camino

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2015?
Buen Camino
Arn
Sensible people go on a cruise when they retire. I've never been even remotely sensible so I'm doing something different.

On 14th April I'm starting my great Clonmacnoise Camino.
I'll start at the ruins of the great monastery of Clonmacnoise in Ireland. Cycle to Cork, ferry to Roscoff, down the west coast of France, and follow the Camino Frances to Santiago de Compostello. Home via the del Norte to Santander and ferry to Plymouth. Back to Ireland via Cornwall and South Wales.

You can check things out on the "Hey Pilgrim" blog on https://carigeen.wordpress.com/ It's a bit sparse at the moment but hopefully will grow!
Look forward to meeting people on the road.

Go n-éirí an bóthar libh go leir (May the road go well for you all)

Sensible people go on a cruise when they retire. I've never been even remotely sensible so I'm doing something different.

I'll start at the ruins of the great monastery of Clonmacnoise in Ireland. Cycle to Cork, ferry to Roscoff, down the west coast of France, and follow the Camino Frances to Santiago de Compostello. Home via the del Norte to Santander and ferry to Plymouth. Back to Ireland via Cornwall and South Wales.

You can check things out on the "Hey Pilgrim" blog on https://carigeen.wordpress.com/ It's a bit sparse at the moment but hopefully will grow!

Hi , that sounds great, wish you well on your journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Buen Camino
Arn

Hello! I'll be walking the Portuguese Way very soon. I booked my ticket on Sunday without any planning and I arrive in Lisbon April 6! I plan to visit Fatima and start the Camino from there or from Porto.

Welcome Steve and Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome ajones and Bom Caminho!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi All :)
Planning on doing my first camino in May, arriving in Santiago just before or on my 50th birthday - a very special present to myself. Still undecided on whether to do Frances or combination of Norte & Primitivo but I'm sure it will become clear
Can't wait :)

Planning on doing my first camino in May, arriving in Santiago just before or on my 50th birthday - a very special present to myself. Still undecided on whether to do Frances or combination of Norte & Primitivo but I'm sure it will become clear

Whatever you decide my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Buen Camino

Hi , wath ever you decite you will have a great time. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello! I'll be walking the Portuguese Way very soon. I booked my ticket on Sunday without any planning and I arrive in Lisbon April 6! I plan to visit Fatima and start the Camino from there or from Porto.
Welcome Ajones , wish you well on your journey and I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

I cruised three times, walk my third camino next month. Sensible ?:)

Buen camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'll be walking my first Camino (Frances) this June & July from SJPdP. Looking forward to escaping Washington D.C. humidity and gridlock! Excited to see the Way and meet other pilgrims.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi all I have been absent from the forum for a while , so I will reintroduce myself, my name is Frank I have become a Camino addict , I am again looking forward to my next Camino starting around 30 May 2015 , I know very well what to expect, and I am excited to be returning for 2015, I plan to walk the Frances, and hopefully have time for the Portuguese Camino from Porto which I really enjoy. I'm looking forward to meeting some forum members on the way and enjoying a cevesa , vino Tinto, semi curado, olives and tapas with other pilgrims and locals,

Hello Friends!

This is going to be my first Camino! I'll be graduating May 17th with my Master degree. what better way to celebrate a life transition than going off on an adventure like this? I'll be leaving from St Jean on May 21st and giving myself till June 26th.

Peace & Buen Camino,
Jarrod

I'll be walking my first Camino (Frances) this June & July from SJPdP. Looking forward to escaping Washington D.C. humidity and gridlock! Excited to see the Way and meet other pilgrims.
Welcome, you are now a part of a great family. Everything you want to know you can find on this forum. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello Friends!

This is going to be my first Camino! I'll be graduating May 17th with my Master degree. what better way to celebrate a life transition than going off on an adventure like this? I'll be leaving from St Jean on May 21st and giving myself till June 26th.

Peace & Buen Camino,
Jarrod
Hi Jarrod, it will be a great adventure . I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

hi ev 1,, soon to begin my 1st camino,,,,,,sjpdp - santiago/fin ..arr 23rd april ,,start 24th> sjpdp - Ronc..........hav startd prep walking lots of kms,,n aq kit......been plannin sinse sept 2014,,,rekkon i,m neerly reddy......thanks for all the info,,v mixxd.....salud..

Hi... I am walking the camino... Starting in SJP... Solo... June 2015. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.. I have purchased a lot of reading material about the camino. Reading a little about its history and also getting ready for the hike.

Kimmzie- I'm walking solo too beginning in June. Hopefully our paths will cross!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My dad and I start from SJPDP in September. We first heard about it many years ago, but I was going off backpacking so we put it on hold. My dad is 70 this year and has decided now is the time. We're in training and are up to walking 20 kms per day (at weekends)with no problems. During the week we only to 5 kms a night. Really looking forward to it now. Roll on August when we arrive in Paris.
Buen Camino

I start the Camino Francais on/about 8 September
Another oldfart (68) following his dream.
See some of you perigrinos/perigrinas on the trail.
I'll be the guy with the backpack!
Buen Camino
Ray

Hello!

My Dad (62) and I (36) will start our first Camino in ~three weeks. We will fly to Porto on Saturday, 25th April, stay there for one night and next day - because of limited time - go by train to Valença where we'll start the walk.
Thanks to Ivar and you all for tons of useful information and tips!

See you on the trail - Buen Camino!
Marius

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Buen Camino
Arn
Hi, I'm planning on walking the Camino Frances in September and October of this year. I'll be starting from SJPP on September 7. My return flight to St. Louis, MO, from Madrid is on October 28, so I'm giving myself a good long time. I'll be 73 when I go, and I'm walking solo. It feels exciting to declare my intention like this! Hope to meet many of you along the way.
Kathy from Missouri

Hi!
I've been a long time lurker in these forums since I learned about the Camino a few years ago. I wanted to go last year but could not get time off work as a colleague had maternity leave. So 2015 is the year, I'm flying into Biarritz on the 23rd of September, so I'm starting from SJPP on the 24th. Other than that i got no plans and no return ticket, I'd like to just go with the flow and see where that leads :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey guys. Thought I would say hello. I'm Rod (some people call me Roddy), 27 from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

So I'm going to be flying to Bordeaux on 6th May and then on to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to start my Camino. Ever since I saw The Way I wanted to do it. Circumstances in my life kinda just pointed me towards it and told me to do. I'm not necessarily a religious guy but I'm open to anything. I know I will most likely find something spiritual in the people along the Camino and the journey. I'm also marathon training at the moment and I'm doing the Belfast Marathon on 4th May. This all probably sounds crazy.

So I work in a coffee shop on one of those zero hours contracts and it's gonna close over Summer so I just thought why the hell not. Another circumstance is a year ago I met the most incredible girl in Portugal and after the Camino I plan to stick around Spain or Portugal to find some work to compliment my freelance writing stuff and see if I can set up a life. I need to get to Porto for the 4th June so I ideally want to walk the Camino in roughly 26 days which is probably tight.

Basically I am woefully under-prepared and will need a lot of help on the forum. I'm looking forward to meeting people on the way.

Thanks and hello

Rod.

Welcome and Buen Camino.

Hi Rod,
Good luck with the marathon and buen camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I will be there. Starting my trip from SJPdP on Aug 25th. Buen Camino!
Hi Jola,
Just a note to say Buen camino! I started my pilgrimage on 25th August as well (last year) from SJPDP to Santiago I am sure you would enjoy the adventure and camaraderie with the other pilgrims. ..And be prepared to a journey of reflection and self discovery as well.

I'm starting from Le Puy en Velay on the 10th June and planning to walk to SJPDP as the first stage in a 2 year plan. I'll be heading out on my own as my wife isn't all that keen on facing the hardships and uncertainties that the walk entails - her idea of roughing it is staying at a Holiday Inn Express. I don't expect that I'll be on my own for long and hopefully my french pronunciation will improve!

Gavin

My son will graduate from high school in May of 2015 so my wife, myself and our boy are planning to do El Camino Primitivo starting in Gijón, and depending on time and finances try to make it to Finisterre. I have most of my kit together and the plan is to outfit my wife and son next. We are all looking forward to it. From Texas to SDC...:). Dream come true.
take advantage of Gijon
My son will graduate from high school in May of 2015 so my wife, myself and our boy are planning to do El Camino Primitivo starting in Gijón, and depending on time and finances try to make it to Finisterre. I have most of my kit together and the plan is to outfit my wife and son next. We are all looking forward to it. From Texas to SDC...:). Dream come true.
take advantage of Gijon, it is a beautiful city stayed there when i did the Norte in 2010..will do this route again at end of July with two American friends.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hey guys. Thought I would say hello. I'm Rod (some people call me Roddy), 27 from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

So I'm going to be flying to Bordeaux on 6th May and then on to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to start my Camino. Ever since I saw The Way I wanted to do it. Circumstances in my life kinda just pointed me towards it and told me to do. I'm not necessarily a religious guy but I'm open to anything. I know I will most likely find something spiritual in the people along the Camino and the journey. I'm also marathon training at the moment and I'm doing the Belfast Marathon on 4th May. This all probably sounds crazy.

So I work in a coffee shop on one of those zero hours contracts and it's gonna close over Summer so I just thought why the hell not. Another circumstance is a year ago I met the most incredible girl in Portugal and after the Camino I plan to stick around Spain or Portugal to find some work to compliment my freelance writing stuff and see if I can set up a life. I need to get to Porto for the 4th June so I ideally want to walk the Camino in roughly 26 days which is probably tight.

Basically I am woefully under-prepared and will need a lot of help on the forum. I'm looking forward to meeting people on the way.

Thanks and hello

Rod.
Hi Rod
I was born in Belfast 67 years ago and now living Australia for 45 years. I completed the Camino last year in 30 days, you should do it quite easily in 26 days. I'm starting again on May 22. Good luck and enjoy yourself.
Bueno Camino

2 weeks out ... starting my final preparations ... they only bad thing is I am SO busy I am having a hard time getting my daily training walks in ... got our roof redone last week and that was the last big job (besides paying taxes) to do before we go ... adult live at home kids are taking care of the house unless they kill each other first (not as funny as it sounds but oh well) ... My pack WAS at a good weight (about 8kg) but I am now doing that last minute addition of a couple things ... rethinking others and generally struggling to keep the weight down to a reasonable level. As far as I can tell I am only taking things I absolutely NEED there are no "what if's" in my pack ... how do people DO it!!!! ... might be easier once Hubby gets his gear together, so far all the little extra's are in MY pack! I think I need a vacation from all the preparatory work we've been cramming in to the last few months ... a trip to Spain sounds good!

Hello,

This is my first post. My name is Butch.We will start the Camino from SJPP (me, wife, sister and brother). My wife and I retired this month and will start our walk on Aug 24.
We reside in Virginia, USA and have been training for 2 years now. We already bought our airfare tickets arriving in Madrid and bus to Pamplona with a reservation at Corazon Puro. This forum is a great resource and we have learned a lot from the veteran posters. Thank you so much.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello, I Just need to share.... All this time I was going to do a solo walk. But it seems this is not my camino. To date, I have attracted 2 who will join me from Astorga. And now my Thai massage friend is going to join me when I fly out to SJPdP on Sunday. Now, if there is a gift I can bring with me on the camino, it would be someone who knows massage...... Life is funny in the way things turn out.
By the way, any more updates on when the botufumeiro swings? Last I checked it was Fridays at noon.
Buen camino.

Hi Jola,
Just a note to say Buen camino! I started my pilgrimage on 25th August as well (last year) from SJPDP to Santiago I am sure you would enjoy the adventure and camaraderie with the other pilgrims. ..And be prepared to a journey of reflection and self discovery as well.

Thanks Angelo, that's exactly what I'm hoping for.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Peter,
May I ask you where you found this rule of: "2 stamps a day if starting in Sarria" and "1 stamp a day if started in SJPdP (or after)" ? I'm with other peregrinos at this moment in La Laguna de Castilla and we're wondering about this while "rehydrating". Thank-You for your response.
I didn't make this rule, it is as it is sorry.Buen Camino , Peter.

Buen Camino
Arn

Myself and my partner will be setting off from SJPP this Sunday 19th of April and have allowed ourselves until 7th June to get to SdC. Hope to meet many fellow pilgrims en route.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Peter,
May I ask you where you found this rule of: "2 stamps a day if starting in Sarria" and "1 stamp a day if started in SJPdP (or after)" ? I'm with other peregrinos at this moment in La Laguna de Castilla and we're wondering about this while "rehydrating". Thank-You for your response.
Hola @CSi
It is here on the website of the Pilgrims to Santiago :) and also here on the same website
Buen Camino

My husband and I, along with my mum are starting our Camino Frances in SJPdP on May 7th 2015. Grant and I live on a tiny island called Norfolk, a two hour flight from Australia, so really looking forward to making the dream a reality...been planning for so long! Just booked ourselves into Belari hostel in SJPdP for our first night! 19 sleeps and counting!

This year's walk was to be the Oxfam Trailwalker, a 100km walk which my team completed in 27 1/2 hours - so yes that's done. But there's still a lot of year left! This time last week we had no plans. Three days ago we booked tickets for my husband and I to leave all eight of our children for the first time ever (for more than one night) to walk the Caminho Portugues to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We leave in 48 days! So excited to unexpectedly be part of the class of 2015.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Thanks and hello

Rod.

Buen Camino Rod and good luck with the BCM. Exciting times ahead for you :)

Hello from the Jurassic Coast in East Devon, England. I'm putting my name down for the class of 2015 to give me time to get prepared, although I'd really love to do it sooner if possible.
I hope you pass through Cruz de Ferro, and leave a piece of shale with a beautiful ammonite in it!

Hi! Myself (Chris) and husband (Alf) begin our Camino May 1, 2015 from SJPdP. Will just have to take it as it comes as I'm not good at planning. Orisson is booked out!! Pension Corazon Puro at Pamplona booked out.
We fly into Barcelona, then train it to Pamplona & bus to SJPdP. I'm sure all will be fine once we get started!!
Looking forward to meeting many forum members along the way
Buen Camino

€46,-
Hi! Myself (Chris) and husband (Alf) begin our Camino May 1, 2015 from SJPdP. Will just have to take it as it comes as I'm not good at planning. Orisson is booked out!! Pension Corazon Puro at Pamplona booked out.
We fly into Barcelona, then train it to Pamplona & bus to SJPdP. I'm sure all will be fine once we get started!!
Buen Camino
!Buen Camino to you guys!

Hello all,
I'm Anton from Portland, Maine (USA). I'm a pediatric ICU nurse here in the states and, like many of you, I've been lurking here trying to gather as much of this priceless information as I can.
I am arriving in Paris on September 9 and departing back to Boston October 19...I'll be walking the Camino Frances. It's been an ultimate bucket list item for me, but one that I hadn't pulled the trigger on. Finally, after watching The Way for a third viewing, I set my mind to doing it and purchased my tickets.
I am so looking forward to making connections with other pilgrims and the experience of walking the Camino.
This is a fantastic group! Thank you for all of your posts and information.!

Hello all,
I'm Anton from Portland, Maine (USA). I'm a pediatric ICU nurse here in the states and, like many of you, I've been lurking here trying to gather as much of this priceless information as I can.
I am arriving in Paris on September 9 and departing back to Boston October 19...I'll be walking the Camino Frances. It's been an ultimate bucket list item for me, but one that I hadn't pulled the trigger on. Finally, after watching The Way for a third viewing, I set my mind to doing it and purchased my tickets.
I am so looking forward to making connections with other pilgrims and the experience of walking the Camino.
This is a fantastic group! Thank you for all of your posts and information.!

Hi Anton, I am from the Portland area leaving a few days ahead of you (Sept 3rd) and heading back a few days afterwards (Oct 22nd). Perhaps our paths will cross at some point.

Kevin

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Suzrya, yes it's has finally come to reality. The tickets are purchased and I'm leaving on the 25th of April and I'll start my walk on May 1st. Keep the spirit of the Camino alive in your heart and you to will be on your journey soon! I decided to write about my journey for mainly my family and friends. I was surprised to see clicks from other people and from countries as well. You can follow my journey on Shirleyraeonherway.com ........good luck to you!
Buen Camino
Hi I am also starting on 1st May from SJPDP - unfortunately Orison and Kayala were full so looks like it's the whole hike to Roncevalles for me!

Hi, Im at the planning stage. Ideally i will be intending to walk from Lourdes starting in September, and finishing when i get there (hopefully 4-5 weeks later).

Buen Camino
I start with a friend on the 1st may too, she is with me for 4 days walking and then I will be solo. I have only booked the first night in SJPdP the rest is going with the flow! Long walk first day but really looking forward to starting now.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Decided.
On the Camino again.
The "Bridge May" I'll do a few steps of the Camino. I'll start in "Donibane Garazi" (SJPdP in Basque) on May 1st, I never made the climb up Roncesvalles.
I hope to meet someone on the forum.
Mikel.

Hi Joanna don't give up on Orrison or Kayola someone might decide to walk on and save you a place. Buen Camino Hopefully I'll our paths will cross!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello, plan to walk the Camino in sometime in the May-June timeframe 2015. I looking to build a network of people to share information who are also doing the Camino during the same time.

I first learned of the Camino from the book The Alchemist. Since then I just been driven to do this pilgrimage.

Look forward to new friends and information.

I'm starting on May 22 from SJPDP. Same story here, I read The Alchemist as a teenager and ever since it's been on my bucket list.

I'm starting on May 22 from SJPDP. Same story here, I read The Alchemist as a teenager and ever since it's been on my bucket list.
Maria, nice quote from Ernest Hemingway. You may already know this... a hotel in Burguete apparently served as his residence when he went on fishing trips from Pamplona. Buen Camino!

Maria, nice quote from Ernest Hemingway. You may already know this... a hotel in Burguete apparently served as his residence when he went on fishing trips from Pamplona. Buen Camino!

It will be my personal motto for the Camino Angelo... Meaning it's not just about walking (motion) but also the "action" or my journey within.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@Kiwi-family Rachael, that's wonderful! I just read that you and husband are off to the Portuguese. Hope you have a really lovely time.

Class of 2015

Hi everyone . I'm from Norfolk uk, an area which is beautiful, with big skies , but mainly flat ! So my camino experience will be quite a challenge.
I start from St Jean on May 13 and have 5-6 weeks free for my journey.
I'm prepared with a very lightweight pack. 16 sleeps to go.

A friend and I are doing part of the CF, starting from Burgos on June 1. Really looking forward to it and am sure we will meet some of the people whose posts I've just been reading! So thrilled to be doing it, though naturally a little nervous about how we will get on.

Stayed there for the night on my second Camino. It's only about 3 km past Roncesvalles.
The piano where "Papa" carved his initials on back in 1923 is still there.
Camino 2014 029.JPG Camino 2014 030.JPG Camino 2014 026.JPG

I'll be arriving in Madrid on 5/28 and beginning in St. Jean on 5/31...so officially a member of the class of 2015 :)

Buen Camino
Arn

Hi to you all fellow peregrinos,
I arrived in Santiago on April 22nd 2015, which makes me a member of the class of 2015.
Thank-you to all those wonderful people that shared their advice (this website) and those that in person, shared their stories, their laughs, their silence and many kilometers with me. I'll probably never see you or talk to you all again but I'll never forget your smiles and your humanity. How similar we all are despite the different languages and countries. The world is so much more of a nicer place to me now. You are part of my Camino.
Gratitude from the bottom of my heart.
CSi

I am planning to start from Leon on the 11th of June for my first Camino and playing to get into Santiago in 14 days so if anyone is in Leon on the 11th of June then just message me as it would be good to meet up with some people on my first night and maybe travel companions Class of 2015

Hello Class of 2015,
Tickets to Paris just purchased. We will be begin our trip in late August with the hopes of arriving the second week of September. Look forward to meeting those along this experience.

Hi -- I am a new member and planning to walk the Camino in May,2015. I will turn 70 in December, and just lost my husband last July after a long illness. Years of caregiving have left me very unfit, but I have a year to get ready and am hoping for the best. I don't feel ready for the mountains, will start in Pamplona or Leon I think. My thought is that my daily distances may be quite short but that at this point I have nothing but time. I am studying Spanish now (going to Spanish immersion school in the fall) and am very much looking forward to this pilgrimage.

Hi -- I am a new member and planning to walk the Camino in May,2015. I will turn 70 in December, and just lost my husband last July after a long illness. Years of caregiving have left me very unfit, but I have a year to get ready and am hoping for the best. I don't feel ready for the mountains, will start in Pamplona or Leon I think. My thought is that my daily distances may be quite short but that at this point I have nothing but time. I am studying Spanish now (going to Spanish immersion school in the fall) and am very much looking forward to this pilgrimage.
!Buen Camino!

I am planning to start from Leon on the 11th of June for my first Camino and playing to get into Santiago in 14 days so if anyone is in Leon on the 11th of June then just message me as it would be good to meet up with some people on my first night and maybe travel companions Class of 2015
Will be in Leon on the 10&11 June. We are starting from SJPdP on the 18th May and are walking to SDC - hope our paths cross. Buen Camino!

Class of 2015

Hi everyone . I'm from Norfolk uk, an area which is beautiful, with big skies , but mainly flat ! So my camino experience will be quite a challenge.
I start from St Jean on May 13 and have 5-6 weeks free for my journey.
I'm prepared with a very lightweight pack. 16 sleeps to go.
Hi Sue

I am from Okehampton in Devon and will also be starting from SJPP on 13th May. :D

Ugh I meant 2016. Off to a bad start! Knowing the year would be good.
Don't worry too much about the stage from SJPP to Roncesvalles. Much of it is just a steady uphill trudge, not too steep. Check out this time lapse of the stage. You will see Auberge Orisson flash past on the right!!

Don't worry too much about the stage from SJPP to Roncesvalles. Much of it is just a steady uphill trudge, not too steep. Check out this time lapse of the stage. You will see Auberge Orisson flash past on the right!!

Loved this! Talk about whetting the appetite, only 14 sleeps to go until we leave NZ!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Loved the video, Devon Mike.

I plan on leaving for Madrid on July 20, 2015 and spend three days unwinding. I will then take a train from Madrid to Irun where I will catch up with my Camino friends from last year to do the Camino del Norte. Have done this route in 2010 and know what is expected yet am enthusiastic on what it promises.

Hello!

My Dad (62) and I (36) will start our first Camino in ~three weeks. We will fly to Porto on Saturday, 25th April, stay there for one night and next day - because of limited time - go by train to Valença where we'll start the walk.
Thanks to Ivar and you all for tons of useful information and tips!

See you on the trail - Buen Camino!
Marius
Bravo Marius! My camino last year was with my 30 year old son, and this year I will be accompanied part way by my elder son. I can tell you that for a father, it is a priceless gift.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello! My name is Carlos. I first heard the about the Camino in 1997 when I was living in Madrid and visited Santiago de Compostela and saw the pilgrims on their way to the Cathedral. I knew I had to do it someday when I have the time and the resources. The stars aligned this year (2015) finally! I will fly from Dulles to Madrid on the 18th of May, take the train to Pamplona (the following day) and the bus to SJDP and will start on the 20th.

¡Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.