• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2015

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello! My name is Carlos. I first heard the about the Camino in 1997 when I was living in Madrid and visited Santiago de Compostela and saw the pilgrims on their way to the Cathedral. I knew I had to do it someday when I have the time and the resources. The stars aligned this year (2015) finally! I will fly from Dulles to Madrid on the 18th of May, take the train to Pamplona (the following day) and the bus to SJDP and will start on the 20th.

¡Buen camino!
Good for you Carlos, wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello All
A friend and myself are going to be walking our first Camino, the Camino Frances beginning Jun 2nd or 3rd 2015 and ending on July 7th. I am so looking forward to the opportunity to connect deeply with my body, mind and spirit and nature without any electronics or normal daily distractions.
Thanks to this forum for all the awesome advise!
Hope to see some of you on the road.
Blessings
Marika

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I can't believe I'm only a few days away from departure (may 13 from Miami). I dream about the Camino, I eat thinking on the Camino, I even breathe thinking about it! I already have the albergue in SJPDP, but that is the only place I have booked. I was reading some other post and I noticed that some people already booked in other places! I thought this wasn't necessary, and if any of you think I have to book in advance, please let me know! Very happy and counting the days to start. Buen camino a todos¡

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2015?
Buen Camino
Arn
I'll be arriving May 13 in SSPJ..A sincere thank-you to all those who have posted, since the information and advice has been so helpful to me as I have prepared. Buen Camino! Anley from Louisville, Kentucky in the USA

Hello! My name is Carlos. I first heard the about the Camino in 1997 when I was living in Madrid and visited Santiago de Compostela and saw the pilgrims on their way to the Cathedral. I knew I had to do it someday when I have the time and the resources. The stars aligned this year (2015) finally! I will fly from Dulles to Madrid on the 18th of May, take the train to Pamplona (the following day) and the bus to SJDP and will start on the 20th.

¡Buen camino!
Google for you Carlos. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am starting from SJDP first week of August 2015. I will be the slow old woman waving a Buen Camino to you as you pass. Hey, save me a bottom bunk!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello, plan to walk the Camino in sometime in the May-June timeframe 2015. I looking to build a network of people to share information who are also doing the Camino during the same time.

I first learned of the Camino from the book The Alchemist. Since then I just been driven to do this pilgrimage.

Look forward to new friends and information.
Ello, I will be on the camino may 14 starting in sjpp with my dad (for the first 10 days ) then sola from there. Will you be on the trail?

Hi Cari T I'm planing on May/June 2015 not sure on the date, maybe the 10th. I don't want to start too early in spring but also don't want to get too warm in June. Decisions, decisions! I'm coming from Oregon USA to SJPDP to Finnistere. Hope to run into you;)
Hi tink, I'm starting from sjpp may 14th. Maybe run into you!? Buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Everyone.

I'll be going as far as Santander on the Camino del Norte at the start of June. I'm looking forward to it.

Hi everyone,

I've been browsing this forum for a while, thought it was about time I said hello. Currently I'm staying in Cascais, Portugal, but I'll be starting my first Camino this saturday (may 16th) in Lisbon. Got my backpack, boots, guidebook, credencial, this forum, and a handful of portuguese phrases ready, but otherwise feeling woefully unprepared. Nonetheless, looking forward to the journey ahead!

Thanks to Ivar for sending the guidebook and everyone who has walked the way before and shared their experience.

Hope to meet some fellow pilgrims on the way!

Norbert

This is Sandra from Ashland, Oregon. I've been lurking on this forum for three years! I finally bought my airline tickets and arrive in Lisbon early on September 2, 2015. I'm taking a couple of days to rest and then plan on starting out on the 4th for the youth hostel at Moscavide for the night of the 4th and then on to Verdelha de Baxio for the following night. Is there anyone else out there with similar plans? I'm retired and can take my time. I want to savor every day of this adventure.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Buen Camino
Arn
Starting in Irun June 16, 2015.

Made my Airline Tickets purchase today for Wife and I to start Camino at St JPDP on September 5th. The commitment feels good. This will be my second Camino and the wife's first. Looking forward to see her experience what I experienced last year. Ed

Hi! My name is Lisa, and I'll be travelling from St.-Jean-Pied-de-Port to (hopefully) Finisterre starting on June 11. This is my first time walking the Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Made my Airline Tickets purchase today for Wife and I to start Camino at St JPDP on September 5th. The commitment feels good. This will be my second Camino and the wife's first. Looking forward to see her experience what I experienced last year. Ed

I am likewise departing SJPdP on the 5th, stopping overnight in Orisson. Perhaps our paths will cross..

Buen Camino
Arn
Hi - we're more than 1/2 way through the Frances and it has been magic. Amazing people, lovely towns - no foot problems.

We started in SJPP on April 17th - arriving in Santiago on June 2nd.

Our keys to Camino bliss - good shoes, no heavy packs and a lot of joy.

Can't wait to meet the famous (and wonderful) Ivar when we arrive and pick up a box he 's storing for us. It really HAS been a " Buen Camino"!

John and Ning

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Planning to star to Orisson on Sunday, May 24. Walking alone for my 60th bday. My partner and I walked the Ingles in 2012. This one seems so different. I hear it is more crowded than last year. Well, we walk together and alone.

I am likewise departing SJPdP on the 5th, stopping overnight in Orisson. Perhaps our paths will cross..
Hi Kev, will you be flying into Madrid and then making your way to Pamplona? If so, how are you getting to Pamplona from Madrid? Thx. Ed

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone... me and my wife are planning to trek along the camino this year(2015)... We are from Greece, and we have no idea of what we are looking for.. I guess(hope) this forum will give us a lot of help and guidance to find the route that suites our time-money criteria.

May the force be with you guys all!

ΚΑΛΟ ΜΟΝΟΠΑΤΙ ( BUEN CAMINO)

Hi Kev, will you be flying into Madrid and then making your way to Pamplona? If so, how are you getting to Pamplona from Madrid? Thx. Ed
I fly into Pamplona then into San Sebastian Airport (which is actually in Irun Spain). From there a quick bus/taxi ride to the border, bus to Bayonne and the train to SJPdP. I realize this sounds like a lot of hopping, but it was better then waiting a long time for a flight to Pamplona then making arangements to SJPdP.

Planning to star to Orisson on Sunday, May 24. Walking alone for my 60th bday. My partner and I walked the Ingles in 2012. This one seems so different. I hear it is more crowded than last year. Well, we walk together and alone.
Hi , I will finish my Camino on the same day that you begin your Camino, I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi - we're more than 1/2 way through the Frances and it has been magic. Amazing people, lovely towns - no foot problems.

We started in SJPP on April 17th - arriving in Santiago on June 2nd.

Love your energy! It feels like all I've been considering are the plights - feet, rain, pack bugs, snores, kms. Bless your bliss.

Our keys to Camino bliss - good shoes, no heavy packs and a lot of joy.

Can't wait to meet the famous (and wonderful) Ivar when we arrive and pick up a box he 's storing for us. It really HAS been a " Buen Camino"!

John and Ning

Whoops, still trying to figure out this process. Just added my quote to yours..:)

I hear it is more crowded than last year. Well, we walk together and alone.
It looks like May 2015 will smash the record May in 2010, the last Holy Year! The Holy Year averaged 930, and this month is already up to 943 per day.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am planning to start from Leon on the 11th of June for my first Camino and playing to get into Santiago in 14 days so if anyone is in Leon on the 11th of June then just message me as it would be good to meet up with some people on my first night and maybe travel companions Class of 2015
Could you tell me how you traveled to Leon. I'm coming from the US.
Thank You
Cliff

Hello all!
Just a brief introduction (first post). My fiance and I will be beginning our camino August 22 (arriving to Paris), plan to arrive to SJPP on August 23rd. We plan to walk the camino in 25 days, it was the most time off we both could take from work.

After planning a wedding over the last year and Camino Frances as our honeymoon, things got too expensive. We have decided to elope! We will be walking the camino and getting married at the end, in Santiago. We are still working out the legalities here at home and running into a bunch of walls (local Spanish consulate) but still hopeful to make this happen one way or another.

We look forward to meeting many of you along the route and making good friends as you will be a part of our greatest expression of love.

Nos vemos en el camino.

Buen Camino
Arn
Starting the Portuguese from Porto Aug 5, 2015, followed by the SdC Finisterre Muxia SdC route followed by the Ingles having bussed from Santiago to Ferrol.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My wife and I are planning to walk the Camino in May/June 2015, we are from Sydney and have started preparing for our walk now - we want to ensure that a weakness in our body does not affect the wonder of the Camino. Like others we have started on short walks I did the Sydney City to Surf (only 14kms) and found it a relaxing walk - but we will build up our distances - hope to see you on the trail

Larry and Des
Buon Camino
I started my camino on the 30April 15 and was really enjoying the walking.. Not, however listening to my body.. Carried too much weight.. Not eating as I should have and just after Santo Domingo de Calzada.. I was ambulanced off the trail and spent a couple of days in hospital with pneumonia.. Not good..Now back in the UK resting and hoping to return on the 3rd June to finish off.. My advice.. Always listen to your body..and feed well... Buen a camino..

Hello everyone,

I will be starting the Camino Del Norte in early July. Due to work commitments I may only have three weeks but I'm there for the journey and not the finish line :) I completed Camino Frances in 2008 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Already very excited planning and breaking in my boots. Hope to meet some of you on the way.

Buen Camino all!

I started my camino on the 30April 15 and was really enjoying the walking.. Not, however listening to my body.. Carried too much weight.. Not eating as I should have and just after Santo Domingo de Calzada.. I was ambulanced off the trail and spent a couple of days in hospital with pneumonia.. Not good..Now back in the UK resting and hoping to return on the 3rd June to finish off.. My advice.. Always listen to your body..and feed well... Buen a camino..
Wish you well and a good return to the Camino. Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello all!
Just a brief introduction (first post). My fiance and I will be beginning our camino August 22 (arriving to Paris), plan to arrive to SJPP on August 23rd. We plan to walk the camino in 25 days, it was the most time off we both could take from work.

After planning a wedding over the last year and Camino Frances as our honeymoon, things got too expensive. We have decided to elope! We will be walking the camino and getting married at the end, in Santiago. We are still working out the legalities here at home and running into a bunch of walls (local Spanish consulate) but still hopeful to make this happen one way or another.

We look forward to meeting many of you along the route and making good friends as you will be a part of our greatest expression of love.

Nos vemos en el camino.
Wish you both a Fantastic journey and a great wedding at the end in Santiago. Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello my name is Nadia. I am going to walk my first Camino in the middle of June. I hope to meet some nice people on my way. I am solo pilgrim

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello my name is Nadia. I am going to walk my first Camino in the middle of June. I hope to meet some nice people on my way. I am solo pilgrim
Buen camino! Last year 742 pilgrims were from Russia. You will join a fairly small group!!

Hi Nadia, welcome to this wonderful forum. Wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Excellent priorities. :) Wishing you both all the very best...what a fantastic way to start out your lives together!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I will be a member of the class of 2015. :)

Hi All
Joining the class of 2015

I arrive in Narbonne on 29th June and will start walking June 30th. My intention is to walk along the Canal du Robine until it meets the Midi. From there I will follow the Midi into Carcasonne. Mainly because (apart from just wanting to walk the canals) I've recently sprained my ankle and am looking to do some easy walking before tramping up hill and down dale on the Pilgrimage trail. Anyway, I will pick up the Pilgrim trail in Carcasonne and head to Somport to cross the Pyrenees, then to Pampalona, after that, who knows!

I'll be camping along the way with the odd stay in Alberges etc

I'm really excited about my first Walk (my backpack has been packed for two weeks, and then unpacked, then packed again), a little apprehensive maybe, being alone. But, from what I've read on this forum, there will be others along the Way. I believe July and August are the busiest months.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone who will be around during at that time.

PS If there are any ladies out there looking to buy a backpack I can recommend Osprey. They do women specific
backpacks
And for train travel around Europe try online Loco2. I've found them to be very good.

Teresa here, looking forward to beginning the Camino Francés in late August and walking in to Santiago at the end of September. I'll be walking solo but not really; I expect to have plenty of company from new friends along the way.

My dear friend and "second mother" visited Santiago with her husband many years ago; the pilgrimage route held special meaning for her, but by then her health would not permit the adventuring of her earlier years. My mother, too, became an adventurer, especially after 50, sometimes with me and often with my dad (my avatar is from a painting of his beautiful old hiking boots). I wish I could tell them that I am now having my best and happiest years, but I feel like I'll be taking them along with me, so it's all right.

In the past couple of weeks, I have turned 62, and I've booked my flight to Paris and train to Bayonne, a night in SJPdP and the next in Orisson, and a hotel room (with a bathtub!) in Santiago. Yesterday I requested my credencial. I am training, so far, mostly by long bike rides. I've repacked my pack over and over; it is probably about time to start carrying it around rather than obsessing over which socks!

€60,-
Teresa here, looking forward to beginning the Camino Francés in late August and walking in to Santiago at the end of September. I'll be walking solo but not really; I expect to have plenty of company from new friends along the way.

My dear friend and "second mother" visited Santiago with her husband many years ago; the pilgrimage route held special meaning for her, but by then her health would not permit the adventuring of her earlier years. My mother, too, became an adventurer, especially after 50, sometimes with me and often with my dad (my avatar is from a painting of his beautiful old hiking boots). I wish I could tell them that I am now having my best and happiest years, but I feel like I'll be taking them along with me, so it's all right.

In the past couple of weeks, I have turned 62, and I've booked my flight to Paris and train to Bayonne, a night in SJPdP and the next in Orisson, and a hotel room (with a bathtub!) in Santiago. Yesterday I requested my credencial. I am training, so far, mostly by long bike rides. I've repacked my pack over and over; it is probably about time to start carrying it around rather than obsessing over which socks!
Hi Tessera, the time before beginning your Camino is also great fun. The packing and repacking of the backpack. The training with and without your backpack. And as you already stated your not alone. You will make lots off new friends along the way. I wish you a experience of a lifetime and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi Tessera, the time before beginning your Camino is also great fun. The packing and repacking of the backpack. The training with and without your backpack. And as you already stated your not alone. You will make lots off new friends along the way. I wish you a experience of a lifetime and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Muchas gracias, Peter!

Hello everyone!

I will be leaving for Paris with my mom on June 26th and after a couple of days of sighteseeing with her, heading down to SJPDP July 1st to start on the 2nd! We are super excited and nervous to be starting our first Camino together. I feel like I haven't prepared enough! Lol. Buen Camino to everyone in the class of 2015! Hope to see some of you there.

Caroline

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello everyone!

I will be leaving for Paris with my mom on June 26th and after a couple of days of sighteseeing with her, heading down to SJPDP July 1st to start on the 2nd! We are super excited and nervous to be starting our first Camino together. I feel like I haven't prepared enough! Lol. Buen Camino to everyone in the class of 2015! Hope to see some of you there.

Caroline
Hi Caroline, take it slow at the beginning and you will be fine. And being nervous is normal . I think every body is nervous before they begin. Wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€60,-
Greetings! I've been wanting to walk the camino for many years and I am finally able to. I have officially booked my train tickets and my start date is July 30 from SJPP. If anyone else is departing around the same time, I'd love to walk together. Buen Camino

Buen Camino Sally!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen camino! Last year 742 pilgrims were from Russia. You will join a fairly small group!!
Hello well I guess I represent even smaller group od Belarussian piligrims :)
although I am living in Russia now

hello I am starting my camino in some days. On the 13rd June I will arrive to Porto. And I hope on Sunday I will start my new experience

Hello all!

Hello I am really impressed of you story! Greetings!

I'm walking the Camino for the first time; del Norte in July - starting in Ribadeo on 15 July and hoping to reach Santiago de Compostela on 24 July.

Buen Camino!

hello I am starting my camino in some days. On the 13rd June I will arrive to Porto. And I hope on Sunday I will start my new experience

Buen Camino Nadeyka!

I'm walking the Camino for the first time; del Norte in July - starting in Ribadeo on 15 July and hoping to reach Santiago de Compostela on 24 July.

Buen Camino!

Welcome and Buen Camino Vivian!

Hello well I guess I represent even smaller group od Belarussian piligrims :)
although I am living in Russia now
Nadeyka, Welcome to the forum and Buen Camino. Enoy getting prepared for a trek of a lifetime. Ed

I can't believe how that movie impacted me! After seeing it, I truly felt the call ... I am planning a June 2015 beginning at SJPDP. Good luck!
Perhaps we'll meet. I'm starting from SJPDP the first of july, but the most important tip is: Double pair of socks!!!!!!
Buen Camino

I happily dedicate my 1,000th post on this forum to your packing list - my thoughts in italics:

2. Two L camelback - Unless there are tiny (under1-1,5l), one is enough (also I am not a fan of them anyway) if you need more water on a rare occasion just buy the day before a plastic/PET bottle with water or soda and use that one.

4. Three underwear. - In extremis two would be enough things tend to dry well in May.

5. Three running T-shirts - two

6. Two running shorts - one

11. One Goretex Jacket (I will use it as a poncho). - you can't use a jacket as a poncho as far as I know, poncho goes over you and backpack, jacket over you but 'under' backpack.

13. Coyote 80 backpack - is it this one? http://www.rei.com/product/848264/kelty-coyote-80-pack#tab-specs If yes, an 80l backpack is absolutely overkill for a May Camino Frances!!!

16. Shower sandals, 17. Running shoes, 18. Goretex boots (these are very lightweight. In case is raining a lot I can use them) - Three pairs of shoes are overkill.

21. Deodorant - If you must ...

29. Leatherman. - For what? Take a simple and lighter pocket knife

33. Detergent (the pods from tide are great and small) - Use your body and hair soap for that.

35. 15 GU (running gels that I can use to get some energy) - Buy bananas and dried fruit/nuts locally, max take 2-3 of the GUs for real emergencies.

Buen Camino! SY
Couldn't say it better myself SY.
On my first camino, i started with 14 kilo, throw a lot in the bin in Ciraqui, so I got down to the 9 kilo, fitting my weight of 95.
This year I got a little (but very nice problem), my diet has worked so now I'm 78 kilo, and will try to get a backpack < 8 kilo.
But, now I learned that I don't need a much "good to bring, if..........

After sucking up really good to my boss, my Camino will now start on July 1st instead of September 1st.
I'll be in St Jean on June 30th for a relaxing couple of days before I start.
A walking buddy would be good, anyone going the same time ? :)
Hi Jordan!
I'll also start in SJPDP the first of July, and spend the first night in Orrisson.
I've always been a lone walker, but really enjoy the evenings in good company.
And since my trip to Swansea two years ago I learned how to empty a pint.
Buen Camino

Unfortunately I have had to cancel my plans for this year. :-( I fell and have some tears in the meniscus in my knee which will require Physio and my husband has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I want to be around to support him through these first steps of confirmation biopsies, surgery etc.

I will be doing the walk next year I hope! I have only deferred it! :) Best wishes to all who make the pilgrimage in 2015. xo
You will be in my prayers from now

So, now it's time for me to introduce myself to the class of 2015!
Just the sentence "class of 2015" make me feel real YOUNG!
I'm a nurse, specialist in psychiatric, living in the south of Sweden, 58 y.o.
Walked my first CF back in 2008 and did one more (with my wife) in 2010.
And I can promise you that there has not been one single day, that I've not thought of teh Camino.
I'm a type of "lone walker" during daytime, trying to practice some of Ignatius exercises. But in the afternoons I can be quite social, so if you'll meet me, there'll always be a seat at my table.
Buen Camino

Hi everyone!
I should have posted before, but I'm just back from my first Camino, after YEARS reading this forum!
Did CF with my husband (who I met after I joined the forum, but he loved the idea and grew all the plans with me while our relationship also grew) this May. It was one of the most incredible experiences, because we felt we had a goal. We trained for it, we did shopping for it, we booked tickets and then we crossed all that beautiful land together.
It's good to be part of Class of 2015, after so long trying to graduate! :D
Buen Camino a todos!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Plane tickets bought, first night confirmed at Pension Corazon. After two years of planning (and 14 years since I first heard of the Camino!), my husband and I head off from St. Jean on Oct. 7!! Can. Not. Wait. :) :)
Hello, wish you both a Fantastic journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

...We will be walking the camino and getting married at the end, in Santiago. ...
What an absolutely special way to start married life @JustInTime. I wish you both a wonderful enriching experience as you walk your Camino together in life.
Suzanne :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Me and my boyfriend are planning to start in the beginning of July 2015. We will walk as far as we get cause we only have 12 days. This will be our first time on the Camino so it will be a small taste of what might be the full walk in the future.

Me and my boyfriend are planning to start in the beginning of July 2015. We will walk as far as we get cause we only have 12 days. This will be our first time on the Camino so it will be a small taste of what might be the full walk in the future.
Buen Camino Daniela. Have a safe and enjoyable journey.

For my first post to this forum…

Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this forum since late May when, on a sleepless night, I decided to incorporate a camino walk into my mid-life career break/crisis/what-have-you. I have booked/purchased a few of the basics (transportation to Bayonne, first few nights accommodation in Bayonne & SJPdP, guidebook). I want to leave my actual walk mostly unplanned and, as many have said on this forum, trust that the camino will provide.

I will start walking from SJPdP on Sept 6 or 7. I would like to walk all the way to Finisterre. I have to be in Madrid for a flight home on October 22. Those are my parameters - will see how I go.

Thank you to all who contribute to these threads, I have learned so much by reading about the experiences of those who have done this before. I hope to meet some of you along the way.

My regards,
Araz
(excited, nervous, and can't wait for September!)

Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this forum since late May when, on a sleepless night, I decided to incorporate a camino walk into my mid-life career break/crisis/what-have-you. I have booked/purchased a few of the basics (transportation to Bayonne, first few nights accommodation in Bayonne & SJPdP, guidebook). I want to leave my actual walk mostly unplanned and, as many have said on this forum, trust that the camino will provide.

I will start walking from SJPdP on Sept 6 or 7. I would like to walk all the way to Finisterre. I have to be in Madrid for a flight home on October 22. Those are my parameters - will see how I go.

Thank you to all who contribute to these threads, I have learned so much by reading about the experiences of those who have done this before. I hope to meet some of you along the way.

My regards,
Araz
Buen Camino ArazBC!! It must be so exciting for you at this stage of planning to know that your Camino is just a few months away!!!! Feed off of the Excitement and Nervousness as part of your preps to get ready for your walk and you will be fine as we all have been fine with these same emotions before our first Camino!

You may catch up to my wife and I who leave SJPDP on Sept 5th and stop at Orisson our first night. There are quite a few of us starting within a few days of Sept 6th so you will have plenty of company. Ed

My regards,
Araz

Welcome Araz and Buen Camino. I will be leaving SJPdP on September 7th and stay that night in Orrison. I hope to see you along the way!

Mike

Buen Camino ArazBC!! It must be so exciting for you at this stage of planning to know that your Camino is just a few months away!!!! Feed off of the Excitement and Nervousness as part of your preps to get ready for your walk and you will be fine as we all have been fine with these same emotions before our first Camino!

You may catch up to my wife and I who leave SJPDP on Sept 5th and stop at Orisson our first night. There are quite a few of us starting within a few days of Sept 6th so you will have plenty of company. Ed

Welcome Araz and Buen Camino. I will be leaving SJPdP on September 7th and stay that night in Orrison. I hope to see you along the way!

Mike

Ed and Mike, thank you for your notes. Nice to meet you virtually and perhaps we will meet IRL in September.

Buen camino to you both.

Hi fellow pilgrims.

I will be arriving in Geneva on the 1st July. After a little bit of jet-lag recuperation I will commence the Via Geennensis (The Geneva Route). Connecting with the Via Pondiensis (The Le Puy Route). Then I'm connecting with the Camino Frances and onto Santiago de Compostela.

Already excited and looking forward to meeting some fellow pilgrims.

beun camino,

Paul Adams.

Hi fellow pilgrims.

I will be arriving in Geneva on the 1st July. After a little bit of jet-lag recuperation I will commence the Via Geennensis (The Geneva Route). Connecting with the Via Pondiensis (The Le Puy Route). Then I'm connecting with the Camino Frances and onto Santiago de Compostela.

Already excited and looking forward to meeting some fellow pilgrims.

beun camino,

Paul Adams.
Hi Paul, that's a great journey you going to make. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Welcome Paul and Buen Camino!

€46,-

¡Buen camino!

As planned, I finished the CF when I arrived at SdC last Friday (19 June) and took the bus the following day (20 June) to Finisterre. This forum helped me greatly. Although I started walking alone, it was easy to hook up with other likeminded pilgrims that I finished the Camino with two (2) new friends.

Again thanks to this forum, my 31-day Camino (seemed imposible at first) has been fulfilled. The Camino Portugues perhaps in the future?

Carlos H

Congratulations Carlos!

Hi Jordan!
I'll also start in SJPDP the first of July, and spend the first night in Orrisson.
I've always been a lone walker, but really enjoy the evenings in good company.
And since my trip to Swansea two years ago I learned how to empty a pint.
Buen Camino

That sounds cool. If we bump into each other in Orrisson, I shall take you up on the pint challenge lol

Well after having abandon my May 2013 attempt on the VDLP I am returning to the Frances - starting out from Pamplona somewhere around 5th September. However - as those on the bike forum will know - I cannot walk 151-25km day after day so I am mounted on my trusty cycle. I will give you all a cheery "buen Camino" as I roll past.

Dear all,

I walked Camino Frances from Roncesvalles to Santiago this spring. I started in mid-April and finished in end-May. I had a great time and now I am thinking of doing it again next year.

Love,
Victoria

Buen Camino
Arn
hi my son a

Buen Camino
Arn
hi, me and my son are about to make flight reservations to start in France in September 14th and finish in Santiago October 25th give or take a few days, i am 65 and he is 26, he is coming from Australia,,back home to Ireland and we will fly out Biarritz France .its his idea,and it will be certainly a pilgrimage for me, i have been reading a lot on here especially on what to pack, hope he is fit enough to carry all we need ; hope to meet some pilgrims on the way,does anybody know would it be a big detour to call into Garabandal on the way?

€46,-

Buen Camino
Arn
Ian ( Dad) and 10 year old Mr T will be on the Camino Frances , with their trolley, from Mid July. They look forward to bidding you
Buen Camino

Hello! Buen Camino all. My name is Scout. It's been years waiting, wanting...finally making this a reality. Just finished up Georgia to northern Virginia on the Appalachian Trail. I loved the community there, and look forward to that aspect of the Camino. I start August 6th, getting into SJPDP August 5th. :)

Buen Camino
Arn
I am a first timer starting in Villa Franca Del Bierzo the first week in October 2015. I will (eventually) do the entire walk, but until I'm independently wealthy the darn job gets in the way. In the meantime, lucky - blessed me! I'm so excited to be <100 days from my start time. Yippee!

Mike
Mike...I didn't realize my "neighbor" was walking this year! How exciting. :)

Just a brief introduction (first post). I'll be doing my first Camino this fall - it's been high on my sabbatical list for several years. I'm not able to take enough time to walk the Frances this time, so am planning on the Primitivo from Ovieda. I'll be starting late September and finishing in early October. feeling nervous about the walk, nervous about what I'll find out about myself, guilty about taking three weeks for myself.

Buen Camino
Arn

Welcome David and Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
Preparing from Tasmania (island state of Australia) to walk about a month of the VP at my slow pace (maybe average 15km/day) with just the essentials on my back (so currently obsessed with the...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.