• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2021

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there is a significant number of fellow pilgrims in the mid-to-final stages of the planning for their Camino. I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.

It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we peregrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2021?

Buen Camino

Arn

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hey friends! Planning to do the CP from Lisbon and (hopefully) arrive in SdC on or around St. James’ Day 2021. This will be my first Camino so I’ll have lots of questions!

I am an older pilgrim from Memphis TN. Hope to walk from Lourdes - Santiago - Fatima in 2021. As the time gets closer will need figure out Lourdes - Jaca. Have made all or parts of the CF four times. Hope my old body can make it from Lourdes to Fatima.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In my school the class of 2019 are competitive af, the valedictorian and salutatorian have the same GPA (4.9) and the tie breaker was their SAT scores, (1600 vs 1580). The rankings were unreasonably cutthroat.
Class of 2020 is least competitive, I think the average gpa is somewhere around 3.4, but there are some outliers who are exceptionally good or exceptionally bad. They all have nicotine addictions from juuling
Class of 2021 is more competitive than '20 but underwhelming. Not a bunch of juulers but they live on TikTok and memes lmao. 1/3 have YouTube channels or Instagram accounts for 'marketing' aka clothing hauls and cooking vids. snaptube telegram web
Class of 2022: ????? idk them

Last edited:
In my school the class of 2019 are competitive af, the valedictorian and salutatorian have the same GPA (4.9) and the tie breaker was their SAT scores, (1600 vs 1580). The rankings were unreasonably cutthroat.
Class of 2020 is least competitive, I think the average gpa is somewhere around 3.4, but there are some outliers who are exceptionally good or exceptionally bad. They all have nicotine addictions from juuling
Class of 2021 is more competitive than '20 but underwhelming. Not a bunch of juulers but they live on TikTok and memes lmao. 1/3 have YouTube channels or Instagram accounts for 'marketing' aka clothing hauls and cooking vids.
Class of 2022: ????? idk them

How absolutely fascinating

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

It appears from the current number of folks at this thread, that there is a significant number of fellow pilgrims in the mid-to-final stages of the planning for their Camino. I have also noticed a decidedly large number of folks observing from the fringes.

It's been my observation, that most folks don't "accidentally" come across a site such as this. They have a purpose and, if that purpose is to seek out information, therefore why not declare yourself by joining the site along with we peregrinos...past, present and soon to be. Start your Camino from right there in the comfort of your own home, but start it with the knowledge that there are folks that you want to meet and will want to meet you in return.

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.

Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2021?

Buen Camino

Arn
Si amigos!....The Camino has called me and 2021 is my year!
Jacobean year too! ...and I see myself arriving in Santiago on 25th July (I know...true madness).. ...but I love a good Galician celebration with gaitas, marisco, sidra y amigos del camino!
But no idea when I want to start yet!...as I want to leisurely savour the journey, eat and have lots of rioja with my fellow caminantes and locals, reflect, be in awe of the sites and history and reconnect with my heritage!....
I already know I will not want this journey to come to an end....but confident the camino will provide the answers.
I might well, have been called home....
Add to my excitement by sharing yours...
Ultreia caminantes!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Jacobean year too! ...and I see myself arriving in Santiago on 25th July (I know...true madness).. ...but I love a good Galician celebration with gaitas, marisco, sidra y amigos del camino!
But no idea when I want to start yet!...as I want to leisurely savour the journey, eat and have lots of rioja with my fellow caminantes and locals, reflect, be in awe of the sites and history and reconnect with my heritage!....
I already know I will not want this journey to come to an end....but confident the camino will provide the answers.
Ultreia caminantes!
Welcome irmã! I also plan on arriving in SdC on July 25th, so I will see you there! I plan on arriving in Lisbon around June 23rd so I can do some sightseeing in Lisbon/Porto/Valença along the way :) BC!

Ultreia caminantes!

Well it certainly gives you plenty of time to plan, or change your mind.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well..... i'm tentatively planning to head to the Via de la Plata and to start in Sevilla in April 2021. I know, it's going to be a Holy Year so i'm not sure if it will be crowded but I can't go this year (2020).

Aye! Currently plotting my route for the 2021 Camino del Norte + Camino Primitivo. I know it will be crowded since it is the Jacobean Year so I will start early - March 15th. Planning your route on Wikiloc and Googlemap and doing online research on a foreign country is hard work but I will finish this. So exciting work. I am still on Day 5 of this journey of 32 + 6 days. Besides I get to understand the language. Doing this old school with a scrap book.

Last edited:
As you can see from my avatar
Planning to do SJPdP --> SdC
D-DAY to leave home is slotted for May 20
so, God Willing, shall be proud to be a member of Class of 2021
Cannot wait to meet fellow Pilgrims 🙋‍♂️

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I retire on the 7th May 2021 and plan to travel the following week by train from Paisley (Scotland) to SJPDP, a nice relaxed start and from there the CF awaits me, Buen Camino mi amigos

Methinks Class of 21 will be filled up what with all the Pilgrims who are moving their plans to next year due to the current situation ;)
And to think we were worried about Holy Year crowds and bed races previously....:oops::rolleyes:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Greetings fellow pilgrims from hibernation in south-western Australia. I had been planning to re-walk part of the Frances (St Jean to Astorga) in September this year, and then the full VDLP in Sept 2021. So, obviously, like many other folk, the 2020 plans have been put aside, but all being well the 2021 plans will go ahead. Having walked the Frances a few years back, and more recently the Portuguese, and having visited España many times, I feel a deep sadness for the impact of Covid-19 on that country (and that's not to say that the situation all over the world is not sad). Apart from the various perosnal benefits which walking the Camino brings, I hope that my next trip, even though some 18 months away, will bring some benefits - spiritual, relationship-wise and financial - to the people of España and communities through which I will pass.

Last edited:
I would like to complete the CF in my lifetime... so, I gave myself a goal to do at least 1 segment every year (or every other year since I can not fully commit on the 30-35day time frame due to work/family commitment).

In 2021 - I hope to do Roncesvalles to Logrono! :)

Ultreia caminantes!
I will be walking The Camino with my two brothers on 2021. Since this is our 2nd Camino Frances, we are taking it easy. Our plan is to arrive at Santiago on July 23rd; get some good rest and be ready for July 25th. Already have reservations in Santiago! Buen Camino!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Since 2001 all years has been my class, except 2020 of course.
I can't imagine a year without the camino.
2021 my plan is start at Le Puy, walk all the Via Podiense and then walk from Leon to Santiago. Beginning September 13th , I hope !!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
So new plan. Primitivo and San Salvador in Sept. 2021. I was looking at doing San Salvador and continuing on to the Primitivo. Started to worry about things like weather/travel delays, injury, discovering that I am a non-hacker when it comes to carrying a ruck across elevation changes. I don’t want to be a day or two out of SdC and have to call it quits due to time constraint.

Changed it up and will do Primitivo first and then take the train from SdC to Leon and finish up in Oviedo. Seems like a lot of toing and froeing but I want to make sure I finish the Camino in SdC. Better to finish the Primitivo and then tackle the San Salvador.

Oh so tentative plans are fly into Madrid and take train to Oviedo. Rest a day and walk a bit to SdC. Rest and admin day in SdC then train up to Leon and walk a bit to Oviedo. Finish with a train from Oviedo to Madrid and fly back home.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If it is possible to walk in September, we, too, will be flying into Madrid, but then fly up to Oviedo. Arriving early morning into MAD will allow us to catch a late morning flight out and be in Oviedo by very early afternoon. We will also be taking a rest day in Oviedo before starting the Primitivo. From our previous caminos, we’ve learned that that rest day after an overnight flight is important so as to regroup and get refreshed before hitting the trail.

At Arn’s suggestion, I will jump in with my intention to walk the Camino Francés this fall. Will arr in SJPP on 16/09. Looking forward to meeting other peregrinos and the life experience of the CdS. Buen caminio mis amigos!

i might get into the Del Norte ampollas class of 2021 Q4 - God-willing...! :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I bought cancellable airplane tickets in mid January at a BARGAIN price.... God willing, I'll arrive at MAD Barajas on 09/14 and ALSA bus to Mansilla de las Mulas -- where I broke off my 2019 slow walk -- and then head slowly towards SdeC.... I'm planning on "rest-and-sightsee" days in Leon, Astorga, Villafranca, and in SdeC. ... And I booked super-low-rate cancellable accomodations at specific favorite hotels.... (I've walked this way before, several times, and know where it is that I want indulgent private digs!) ...

By the way, I've been keeping an eye on those hotels and most have started raising their rates, and several are now effectively booked solid. ... I think that the Camino infrastructure is looking for a BLOW OUT September!

Last edited:
I've just made a reservation for Refuge Orisson for August 28th. I thoroughly enjoy my stays at the Refuge and, I believe, that by making this reservation I am sending up good prayers for all of you that your Camino will begin sooner, rather than later. Should this not happen...I gladly donate the price to keep this jewel up and greeting fellow pilgrims.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I hope to be part of the class of 2021. I should have been part of the class of 2020 but rebooked my flights when they were cancelled.

I think September has the potential to be really busy this year, but I also think if it is possible to travel that with the added dimension that release from covid and lockdown will bring with it gives it the opportunity to be something special as like minded people indulge in a shared experience, on the other side of what has been a very difficult time, a chance to cleanse the negatives and look to a brighter future. Buen camino mi amigos

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll be on an Obscure Camino, the continuation of the eastern Tours variant to the Somport pass for the Aragones. It's in Beta test of the route book, anyone interested please PM me for a link. Kindly note it's a cycling route, mainly due to a lack of affordable accommodation in some sections. Could be walked but only with liberal use of hotels or camping. Starts in Chatellerault, via Angoulême and Pau.

I, too, am hoping to walk a camino in the fall this year (2021). Starting mid-september, we'd leave Cahors and finish the last half of the Le Puy Way, and then if all goes well, we'd go on to walk to Santiago. We likewise reserved our night in Orisson, as a marker on our calendar and something concrete to look forward to. No flights yet.

I'm hoping Canada (and the host countries) will allow travel by then. Actually, that's a bit shallow: I'm hoping people get better and that the vaccines save a great many people all around the world. And *then*, after that, I'm hoping I can travel to walk the camino 😊

I’ve booked my flights: Aug 25th Dulles to Madrid. October 5th SDC to Dulles (via Madrid, London).
my understanding is any bookings prior to 31 March 21 are refundable, or rebooking until 31 December 2022.
Holding thumbs. Next detail: new boots.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back