Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Clearing Customs in Bilbao BIO Airport

Vanozza

Past OR future Camino
I have walked part of the Camino Frances one and a half times. I ended in Sahagun in April 2019.
Can anyone tell me how long it’s taking to clear Customs in Bilbao BIO these days? I will be catching a train at Bilbao Abando and I’m not sure how much time to allow between arrival and catching a train.

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
I have arrived in Bilbao many times and it was merely an issue of collecting my bag, the biggest problem is which carrousel it lands on most of the time. There are customs officials there and I have seen them question people and ask them to open their bags but it is never much of a hassle. The airport bus to the bus terminal downtown runs on a regular basis and then it is just a simple of matter of getting across town to the train station.

MJB

Past OR future Camino
Frances (in sections 2004, 2012, 2015); Portugues (from Oporto 2013); Primitivo (from Castroverde) 2012; Invierno (2016)
Seconds. Just go and get your bag. Besides the bus to town there is another direct to San Sebastian too.

Vanozza

Past OR future Camino
I have walked part of the Camino Frances one and a half times. I ended in Sahagun in April 2019.
I have arrived in Bilbao many times and it was merely an issue of collecting my bag, the biggest problem is which carrousel it lands on most of the time. There are customs officials there and I have seen them question people and ask them to open their bags but it is never much of a hassle. The airport bus to the bus terminal downtown runs on a regular basis and then it is just a simple of matter of getting across town to the train station.
That has been my experience also in the past. But I am wondering if they are now checking vaccination certificates etc before allowing arriving passengers to leave the airport. That could result in long lines. Have you been there recently?

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
No, I have not attempted to travel back to Bilboa/Biarritz since I left in mid 2019.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads