• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Clearing Customs in Bilbao BIO Airport

Vanozza

Time of past OR future Camino
I have walked part of the Camino Frances one and a half times. I ended in Sahagun in April 2019.
Can anyone tell me how long it’s taking to clear Customs in Bilbao BIO these days? I will be catching a train at Bilbao Abando and I’m not sure how much time to allow between arrival and catching a train.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have arrived in Bilbao many times and it was merely an issue of collecting my bag, the biggest problem is which carrousel it lands on most of the time. There are customs officials there and I have seen them question people and ask them to open their bags but it is never much of a hassle. The airport bus to the bus terminal downtown runs on a regular basis and then it is just a simple of matter of getting across town to the train station.

Seconds. Just go and get your bag. Besides the bus to town there is another direct to San Sebastian too.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have arrived in Bilbao many times and it was merely an issue of collecting my bag, the biggest problem is which carrousel it lands on most of the time. There are customs officials there and I have seen them question people and ask them to open their bags but it is never much of a hassle. The airport bus to the bus terminal downtown runs on a regular basis and then it is just a simple of matter of getting across town to the train station.
That has been my experience also in the past. But I am wondering if they are now checking vaccination certificates etc before allowing arriving passengers to leave the airport. That could result in long lines. Have you been there recently?

No, I have not attempted to travel back to Bilboa/Biarritz since I left in mid 2019.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm sure many of you like me have followed the writing of Anton Pombo, who is currently lecturing in the United States. See this interview...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.