• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Clearing-house site for Camino crime statistics

Gailsie

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Fall '09 ;
I am wondering if anyone knows of a site or any sites on the internet where crime statistics, reports, stories, etc. are gathered/collected for the various camino routes ending in Santiago de Compostela.

I don't mean on this forum, I mean some type of clearinghouse site. I am looking for information related to both male and female.

Don't know if I am expressing myself well, but hope you get an idea of what I am looking for. I am hoping to find another place to get some the information that I am looking for.

I consider this a reasonable request for information and have checked Ivar's rule of the Camino forum so hope all will respond in a reasonable matter. I will ask people to stay on topic and to please be polite. If you have nothing to offer in answering the question, then please ignore my post.

Gailsie

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
@Gailsie -

After the ill-fated thread started, I took a bit of time to see what resources were actually available. Things ended badly before I completed the project.

Here are my findings:

1) I found no Camino-specific resource.

2) I found no current (as in constantly updated) resource even for Spain. Depending upon what crime and what region one examined, the stats may only be as recent as 2012 or 2013. The site to which I am referring is here:

http://www.ine.es/jaxi/tabla.do?type=pcaxis&path=/t18/p466/a2013/l1/&file=02005.px

It belongs to "Instituto Nacional de Estadistica" which is THE agency responsible for assembly of crime data in Spain.

The link above goes directly to a page for "Convicted persons statistics: Adults. Year 2013" and you can search by selecting for Type of Crime and Place of Sentence which is given regionally, if desired.

I am not sure that it will be easy to "scale" results given against whatever your metric may be. So, I offer a generic site for comparison:

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Spain/United-States/Crime#2014

While it defaults to a "Spain vs. US" comparison, you may back out on the menu and substitute another country for base reference.

It does suffer the same defect of lack of recency but I do not see any way around that...it takes time for number-crunchers to do their work.

You could try Interpol, I guess that I did not go there as they tend to be engaged for high-profile cross-border issues - - or so that was my impression.

Good luck!

B

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much simply B, great information and will be helpful.

I don't even know where to start with Interpol, can't imagine they would allow access to a citizen but I will try checking it out.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Unless this thead returns to the original topic it will be closed.

All off topic and personal remarks have been deleted.
Please do not persist in confrontational posts.
A warning will be issued.
But how was any of the above personal or confrontational?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back