• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Click Air - bad experiences

windeatt

We had some bad experiences with Click Air this summer.

The first was when two of us bought tickets for a flight the following day from Santiago to Barcelona. This resulted in waiting around for hours watching the list which said 'delayed' and then, at last, everyone was bundled onto a coach to La Coruna where they were left waiting outside the airport with no explanation. Eventually they got a flight and arrived at Barcelona but much too late for another flight back to England (EasyJet). This meant having to pay for a night's stay in a hotel AND another flight back to England. ClickAir were noticeably absent from the airports and Iberia staff are unhelpful ('It's not my company').

A week later my husband and I arrived at La Coruna airport at 11:30 - nice and early for our flight at 1:10. This had been booked weeks previously. We were told by the Iberia staff that it had left at 8:00! There was a lot of waiting around and a lot of patient argueing and telephoning the ClickAir office - they wanted us to pay almost 500 Euros for two replacement flights which would get us to Barcelona in time for the flight back to England (from La Coruna to Madrid and then Madrid to Barcelona). It was a nightmare with ClickAir blaming Iberia for not notifying us and Iberia blaming ClickAir. In the end with one minute to go before the check-in closed for the Madrid flight at 1:45 they finally said we didn't have to pay. However, what should have been a reasonably pleasant trip with plenty of time for last-minute gift shopping and having a farewell something to eat became a nightmare of rushing from gate to gate taking three flights instead of two.

Needless to say none of us will be using ClickAir again. If there are any problems then there appear to be NO representatives at the airports and the Iberia staff who handle the checkin for them absolutely deny any responsibility for the mess or muddle.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back