• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

closed albergue in Cardenuela

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Hi!

I walked from Villafranca Montes de Oca this morning and was going to stay at the albuergue in CARDENUELA RIO PICO but the place was CLOSED and there was no information on when they were supposed to open if ever. There are no other albergues before Burgos. Had to walk much further to be able to catch a bus to Burgos.

annie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Re: closed alberque in Cardenuela

My various guides do not list an albergue there, so it may have been closed for a while.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

i used the latest john brierly guide. things can change shortly.

Maybe it is still there. Mundicamino says:

Albergue municipal

Municipio: Cardeñuela Río Pico - (Burgos)
Descripción: Este albergue para peregrinos, de gesxtión municipal, lleva funcionando con éxito desde el mes de julio de 2004.

Tiene capacidad para doce personas y se encuentra ubicad en el edificio del Excmo. Ayuntamiento de la localidad.
Dirección: C/. Santa Eulalia (Edificio del Ayuntamiento). 947430911
Disponibilidad: Todo el año
Plazas: 12
Categoría: gestión municipal
Contacto: Excmo. Ayuntamiento de Cardeñuela Río Pico

Descripción

Agua caliente SI Inodoro 4 Sitio para bicicletas SI
Agua potable SI Lavadero SI Taquillas y armarios SI
Botiquín SI Lavadora NO Teléfono público SI
Calefacción SI Luz eléctrica SI Tendedero SI
Cocina NO Maquina de refrescos NO Terrazas SI
Duchas 4 Maquina de café SI Toallas y jabón SI
Establo - Salón SI Enchufes para móviles SI
Frigorífico NO Salón comedor NO Cobertura móvil SI

Servicios próximos

Oficina de información y turismo NO Cajero automático NO Farmacia NO
Taller para bicicletas SI Tienda de comestibles SI Asistencia médica NO

Municipio: Cardeñuela Río Pico - Pueblo
Provincia: Burgos
Situación: Carretera comarcal que parte de Villafría
Clima: Inviernos muy fríos y húmedos, veranos suaves. Altitud 925 m.
Habitantes: 95
Banco / Caja: No dispone

Teléfono: 947 56 04 24
El Ayuntamiento de esta localidad tiene en proyecto abrir un albergue de peregrinos.

Ofrece elgún servicio al peregrino.

Carnicería SI Panadería SI Restaurante y bares SI
Local de acceso a Internet NO

Attachments

• clip_image001.jpg
    clip_image001.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 2,480
Does anyone know anything about this albergue? Anybody stayed in Cardenuela this year? Closed?
annie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My 2009 CSJ guide mentions a "new" albergue there, but lots of ??? in the brief entry. I don't recall seeing one when I went through there in Sept 2007, though.

I guess the best thing to do is either stop at Atapuerca or be prepared to carry on until Burgos.

Kelly

There are two phone numbers listed in my post above. Has anyone called them to ask about the albergue?

Hi, I walked through here today and there was definately no sign of an albergue.

What there was though were some relatively new signs for a casa rural that does rooms (for those with a higher budget perhaps?). In fact there was also a sign for rooms in the next village Orbaneja although the sign in Cardenuela looked a lot newer and nicer.
I guess that means that if you want an albergue the nearest you are going to get is Atapuerca.

Also if you´re walking this way soon then they are doing major building works in Vilaval at the moment so don´t go that way! I was directed by the builders to climb over a virtual building site and over a road where they were laying concrete and tarmac - not easy - take the non-vilaval option!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
there is no real sign of an albergue an i thought it is closed, but when i went 3 weeks ago to atapuerca, the albergue there was completo and they sent me to cardenuela. there you go to the bar and pay for the night, i think there are 12 beds in a house, it is not very luxurious, but it is clean.
it costs 5 euros, i think

Simsonite said:
there is no real sign of an albergue an i thought it is closed, but when i went 3 weeks ago to atapuerca, the albergue there was completo and they sent me to cardenuela. there you go to the bar and pay for the night, i think there are 12 beds in a house, it is not very luxurious, but it is clean.
it costs 5 euros, i think

Wow! That is interesting information. Somone told me last night that they were in cardenuela really late on with 8 other pilgrims looking for an albergue. Apparently they asked in the bar and no joy. All had to walk into burgos, some didn´t make it all the way and had to take a bus!!
(I wonder if the house was already full or not available or something? Apparently all that happened in the bar was they offered to find them transport...)

When I was outside the albergue in Cardenuela in May this year it was very closed. We went to the bar to ask for the key as one guide book told but the bar keeper didn´t know anything about anything. So apparently the albergue in Cardenuela is very insecure choice for the pilgrims on the way to Burgos.
annie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, my understanding from talking to those coming in late from Burgos the past two nights is that their was NO albergue accomodation available in either Cardenuela OR Olmos. It's bad as lots of people have the 2008 brierley guide which shows these albergues and are relying on them. I imagine quite a number of people are being caught out daily with this!!
I think realistically anyone choosing to walk past Atapuerca where there are two albergues (the el peregrino one was very nice when i stayed last year) should be prepared to walk all the way into Burgos.

I got caught out with the same problem in May, using Brierley´s guide. I walked from Villafranca Montes de Oca intending to stay in Cardenuela - no albergue - and ended up carrying on to Villafria where I caught a bus into Burgos after having walked 32km (pretty tiring).
Sandra :arrow:

My husband and I decided to walk on from Atapuerca thinking that we would stop after about 30km at Cardenuela only to find that the albergue had been closed the previous year. We were pretty tired with the prospect of walking to Villafria but I noticed a handwritten sign on an old garage on the side of the track saying Habitaciones Rooms Chambers which turned out to be a 3 storey new Casa Rural (House) with 8 bedrooms with ensuites, modern facilities & only cost us 20 Euro each & very nice people who owned the house. We also had the whole house to ourselves for the night.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
This could be an apportunity for a person, or couple, or organisation to re-open a 12 bed albergue where there is a need for one!
If anyone is interested, you could contact the Ayuntamiento de Cardeñuela Río Pico.

I came across this thread and thought I'd add that there is a relatively new (2011?) private albergue in Cardeñuela: Via Minera. It has 26 beds for €7, in rooms of 4 with each room having its own bathroom/shower and one double for €8 per person! There is an attached bar that does a filling pilgrim menu. We stayed there on a Sunday, when the other bar in town was closed, so it was a pretty bleak evening in sort of a ghost town! The albergue is well advertised from the path.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back