• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Closed municipal albergues on Madrid camino

staucher

Camino junky
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Via de la Plata
Portuguese
Primitivo
Hello fellow pilgrims,

I'm catching a plane to Europe in 9 days, and intend to walk the Madrid camino starting on Aug 24 (yes, I know, it will be hot). However, my concern is not about the heat, but the open or closed status of municipal albergues -- namely in Santa Maria Real de la Nieve, Coca, Nava de la Asuncion, which are marked as closed. The other lodging options in that area are quite pricey. Can anyone who has recently walked the Madrid camino confirm this situation? I'm thinking of altering my plans to walk the Levante from Toledo (via Zamora), and have found a list of accomodations for that route, but don't know if some of them might be closed also...... Would anyone who has walked either camino in 2022 kindly comment? Many thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello fellow pilgrims,

I'm catching a plane to Europe in 9 days, and intend to walk the Madrid camino starting on Aug 24 (yes, I know, it will be hot). However, my concern is not about the heat, but the open or closed status of municipal albergues -- namely in Santa Maria Real de la Nieve, Coca, Nava de la Asuncion, which are marked as closed. The other lodging options in that area are quite pricey. Can anyone who has recently walked the Madrid camino confirm this situation? I'm thinking of altering my plans to walk the Levante from Toledo (via Zamora), and have found a list of accomodations for that route, but don't know if some of them might be closed also...... Would anyone who has walked either camino in 2022 kindly comment? Many thanks
I did the Madrid last year but had to skip Segovia to Sahagun as there weren't available beds...will return in September to finish. I will echo my fellow pilgrims, great walk, but take everything with you, especially on the day to Segovia, its a brutal leg and not much water, and no place to get food. (one of the fountains was dry) and the last several hours are in the full sun with no place to hide...buen camino!

Hello fellow pilgrims,

We walked in the end of june. In Santa Maria La Real de Nieva you have a nice option to stay in hostal Avanto . You dont have to go in to Santa Maria . In Pinilla de Ambroz go to the Hostal. A very nice hostal with owners who made us breakfast. Recomend that. In Coca we stayed in Casa Paca. Nice , or you can go further on to Villeguillo where there is a albergue. 7K

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The OP is asking about the Madrid😉
That's ok. I'm trying to decide between the Madrid and the Levante. At this point, I think that I will stick with my original plan to walk from Madrid. There's always next year for the Levante, and besides, some albergues may be closed there as well. I'm going to switch over to the Levante from Villeguillo to Medina del Campo, as I would prefer to avoid the CF in Sahagun.

Hello fellow pilgrims,

The best information is on www.rayyrosa.com They are Camino officianados and have an albergue at Mazanares del Real .They will give you all the up to date info as know path well . Lovely people too and you can keep in touch re WhatsApp. Contact on website
Rosa gave us recently , like 2 mths ago a list of abierto and cerrado albergue S , and some reasonably priced private ones when others not open
Will post here a utube video of albergue see stayed in on our Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back