• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Closest point of Camino to Porto Airport

casnbs

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2013
Hi I will be arriving at Porto Airport on an early flight on July 25th. I want to start the Camino almost immediately. How far is the closest point from the airport and what is the easiest way to get there? Last year I did the Camino de Frances is this camino marked in a similar way?
Thanks very much.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the Forum!

I don´t know if you are using Brierleys guide book. The airport is about 3- 4 km from from camino. Walk straight east to Maia. Or west to the coastal route.
Yes, at least the central route is well signed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-13 at 10.46.47.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-13 at 10.46.47.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 921
It was a few years ago when I done this walk but remember it as one of the best, ( I have done 8 camino de santiago) I arrived late at night so took a taxi to a hotel. (Star Inn Porto – Low Cost Design Hotel) then set of on foot in the early morning, I chosse this hotel because it is practilly on the camino, I spoke to quite a few people since then who had a better flight and joined the camino straight from the airport without any problem, so I would recomend this to you. I remember leaving the hotel and for the first 2 hours it was very ugly so you will avoid some of this. after porto the camino is very well marked out. good luck. The journey IS the destiny.
check out this map
http://www.asturmano.com/Paginas/Camino ... /Mapa.html

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is a hostel/ Private Albergue. 10 minute walk from the airport, the Camino is outside it font door

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374159882.484578.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374159882.484578.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 660
I'm a little confused about this. On other posts as well, I've seen the statement that the Camino is about 3-4 kms from the airport, and then I've seen that it's very close. Are there two different set of markings from Porto?

And one other question -- is it really the case that you can walk safely and legally from the Porto airport to this hostal?

Thanks for the clarification, buen camino, Laurie

You can take the metro train from the airport 1 stop to Botica station, or I believe they provide a vey cheap transfer service.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374172576.373103.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374172576.373103.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 599
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This is at the hostel/ Private Albergue front gate

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374173154.960972.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374173154.960972.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 602
peregrina2000 said:
I'm a little confused about this. On other posts as well, I've seen the statement that the Camino is about 3-4 kms from the airport, and then I've seen that it's very close. Are there two different set of markings from Porto?

And one other question -- is it really the case that you can walk safely and legally from the Porto airport to this hostal?

Thanks for the clarification, buen camino, Laurie
I walked it last May, turn right out of the terminal building, then left at the roundabout, follow the tram lines to the Mercedes dealership then turn right. It took me about ten minutes. very nice hostel with a homely feel and great hosts, surprisingly quiet despite being close to the airport.

You could try this new albergue de peregrinos which is being inaugareted on the 25th July it is about 5-7km from the airport https://www.facebook.com/mosteirodevairao, they have a list of events on that day from 5.30pm onwards, they go to mass at about 7.00pm and then head back to the albergue to make queimada at 10pm if you think you could face the maybe busy night then it would leave you a short walk the next day to Sao Pedro de Rates of about 20km or less.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back