• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Closings of two hotels in Alcubilla de Avellaneda

peregrina2000

Staff member
Onn our virtual Lana planning thread, we had mentioned two possible places to stay in Alcubilla de Avellaneda. This would be a 21 km walk from San Estéban, and from there to Huerta del Rey via Clunia would have been a very manageable day, less than 20 I think.

Unfortunately, both of the accommodations listed on that thread seem to have closed. Any other ideas or possibilities? Other forum members have told me that the bar in Quintanarraya is closed and the albergue small, but that seems to be the best option. The next day a walk to Clunia, continuing on to Huerta del Rey would be short.

The stage from San Esteban to Quintanarraya looks to be about 31 or 32, and fairly flat, so I’m assuming that’s the best option now.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Onn our virtual Lana planning thread, we had mentioned two possible places to stay in Alcubilla de Avellaneda. This would be a 21 km walk from San Estéban, and from there to Huerta del Rey via Clunia would have been a very manageable day, less than 20 I think.

Unfortunately, both of the accommodations listed on that thread seem to have closed. Any other ideas or possibilities? Other forum members have told me that the bar in Quintanarraya is closed and the albergue small, but that seems to be the best option. The next day a walk to Clunia, continuing on to Huerta del Rey would be short.

The stage from San Esteban to Quintanarraya looks to be about 31 or 32, and fairly flat, so I’m assuming that’s the best option now.
It's a shame those two places have closed. I've tried to find an alternative in the vicinity, but to no avail.

The description of the stage I read is:

El perfil de esta etapa es ondulado, con continuas subidas y bajadas marcadas por el cruce de diferentes afluentes del río Duero, y algunos largos tramos por carretera pueden llegar a hacerse pesados para el caminante.

The distance challenged slow walkers that we are would take this option:
There are a few options for slow walkers. The non-purists will notice that San Esteban de Gormaz is a decent sized town, and a quick search reveals that there are a few taxi drivers. A taxi ride could thus be taken to, say, Villálvaro, shaving off 10.5 km, and resulting in a 19.9 km walk to Quintanarraya. After all, we wouldn't be missing anything of the "uninspiring" first few km.
There are 5 beds at the albergue in Quintanarraya, and I'm assuming it wouldn't be overrun by pilgrims, so I guess walking the whole stage is your best option if you're not going to hop ahead by taxi, @peregrina2000 .

¡Buen Camino!

It's a shame those two places have closed.
The Palacio closed because the person “encargada” (in charge) died. That was the word that was used in the WhatsApp message I got. I am not sure if it was referring to the owner or the manager, but maybe someone else will come in to take over. I will certainly let you know if I hear anything else.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Looking for someone to share a taxi to Sarria from Santiago Airport on Sunday 28th April. Flight due to arrive at 4.15pm We are a party of 2 people

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back