• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cluny to Le Puy May-June 2018

SUSIE

Camino addict....
Hi
Looking for advice and up to date info on this Route.
Not to be missed places to stay and visit, spiritual experiences ect.
Extra stages to break down difficult or long stages.

Anything else....

Thank you
Susie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Since you've already walked the Le Puy route and are still interested in walking in France, you might also consider the Geneva route.

Susie, I will be looking to walk this route in September 2018 , so will be following with interest. My wife and I walk for a variety of reasons , primarily for the fitness benefits but also love the Frnch countryside. We will be joined by others along the way who are less physically capable.
If you find any pack transport companies along the way can you please post. Thanks. And Bon Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Ashleygf
I hope to start walking soon and I will let you know about any baggage transport I come across.
I know that in Tramayes [Day 1 Cluny to Tramayes] there is a Chambre d'Hotes called La Grange Fleurie -
grangefleurie@wanadoo.fr - Tel 03 85 50 5936 that takes bags from Cluny to Tramayes and a bit further on aswell. Very helpful friendly people and they speak English.

Susie,

I was delighted to see your post as my wife and I are intending to walk from Cluny via Le Puy this year, commencing around mid August. So like Ashleygf I will be watching with interest any information that you are able to share.

I have seen reference to an ' Orange book' which provides details of this section, but I have not yet been able to purchase a copy. If you or any one reading this knows of a supplier who could post this to Australia, I'd be very appreciative.

With best wishes, David.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Susie, Thanks very much for that information. I'll follow it up now! regards, David.

Hi
Looking for advice and up to date info on this Route.
Not to be missed places to stay and visit, spiritual experiences ect.
Extra stages to break down difficult or long stages.

Anything else....

Thank you
Susie
Hi Susie,
I think we met on the Le Puy route in 2014. (Richard & Colleen from Victoria, Canada). We are thinking about doing this trip in the Fall of 2019. Did you post a blog or have you any advice to offer re stages, accommodation, etc. Did you enjoy it? Thanks for any help you can provide.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.