• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal camino

Bernie mcgarrity

Time of past OR future Camino
Finisterre 2017
Portuguese way 2018
Hi all new to forum want to start camino in lisbon travelling about 25k a day for 9 days. Where i finish this year i hope to come back the following year to finish. My preferred route is coastal any maps or info would be greatly appreciated.thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Bernie,
There's a thread here regarding the Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Porto and onward to Santiago.
As well, if so inclined as it is written in Spanish, there's new information on the CP from the gronze.com website recently written by someone I walked the Camino de Madrid with.
Good luck with your search and Buen camino.

Hi Bernie,
There's a thread here regarding the Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Porto and onward to Santiago.
As well, if so inclined as it is written in Spanish, there's new information on the CP from the gronze.com website recently written by someone I walked the Camino de Madrid with.
Good luck with your search and Buen camino.
Thanks Angelo there is so much info out tbere it is overwhelming

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Good morning Pilgrims
I am also interested in hiking the coastal route. I received the following suggestion for a 10 day route. How much of this route is coastal? Is it true that the entire route is not coastal and somewhere it merges with the land route? Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Day 1
Arrival to Baiona
Day 2
1st Stage – Baiona – Vigo – 25 km
Day 3
2nd Stage – Vigo – Redondela – 15 km
Day 4
3rd Stage – Redondela – Pontevedra – 19 km
Day 5
Free day
Day 6
4th Stage – Pontevedra – Caldas de Reis -22 km
Day 7
5th Stage – Caldas de Reis – Padron – 18 km
Day 8
6th Stage – Padron - Teo – 11 km
Day 9
7th Stage – Teo - Santiago de Compostela – 13 km
Day 10
Free day

Good morning Pilgrims
I am also interested in hiking the coastal route. I received the following suggestion for a 10 day route. How much of this route is coastal? Is it true that the entire route is not coastal and somewhere it merges with the land route? Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Day 1
Arrival to Baiona
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Free day
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Free day
Your post probably will not seen on this subforum
You better replace it to the coastal caminho from Porto. This subforum you posted on is the caminho from Lisbon aling the coast to Porto.

Good morning Pilgrims

Day 1
Arrival to Baiona
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Free day
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Free day
The vast majority of coast walks are from Porto to Baiona. For your first stage Baiona via Panxon is definitely on the coast...but once you get to Nigran you tend to walk a little inland to Vigo. Vigo to Redondela is inland but on heights overlooking Vigo Bay and the coast but for the first half only. The rest of the stages are all on the inland route (unless you divert for the variant espiritual on your 4th Stage).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The vast majority of coast walks are from Porto to Baiona. For your first stage Baiona via Panxon is definitely on the coast...but once you get to Nigran you tend to walk a little inland to Vigo. Vigo to Redondela is inland but on heights overlooking Vigo Bay and the coast but for the first half only. The rest of the stages are all on the inland route (unless you divert for the variant espiritual on your 4th Stage).
If you like to follow the coastline from Nigrán , follow the green arrows , and you have a nice walk for miles along sandy beaches and even see the famous Cees islands in a distance.
The last part entering Vigo is not that interesting , walking on an industrial zone but you and up at the lower part of Vigo-Vigo is built on hills. By the way this thread still is on the wrong subform as mentioned above

Good morning Pilgrims

Day 1
Arrival to Baiona
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Free day
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Free day[

heading to Porto May 11
start Porot to coastal route May 11-12
Looking at 10-13 days of walking along coast
to Vigo then inland
Bein CAMINO

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back