• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal/Central Route March 2022

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey fellow pilgrims, I will be walking out of Porto on March 18th, 2022. Up the coast and then cutting inland when I feel like it. Hope to see others on the roads. Buen Camino.
I plan to start on 12th from Porto, up the coast, cut to inland, then back out to coast. See u in Santiago.

Hey fellow pilgrims, I will be walking out of Porto on March 18th, 2022. Up the coast and then cutting inland when I feel like it. Hope to see others on the roads. Buen Camino.
Probably see you in Santiago end of the month of March or begining of April, being voluntary at the AAC

Bom caminho

Nice! I like to walk to Viana do Castelo, then inland to Ponte de Lima.
You can do it differently Walk from just before Viana do Castelo on the N308 to Baluguães and there pick up the yellow waymarkers of the central route and after 3 kms you will be at Casa da Fernanda ,the best place to stay at the entire caminho Português, From there it is 14 kms to Ponte de Lima.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everybody! I also plan to walk the camino from Porto up north starting 14th March. I was wondering if you think that finding an accomodation would be a problem at this time of year/also regarding covid? Thanks!

You can do it differently Walk from just before Viana do Castelo on the N308 to Baluguães and there pick up the yellow waymarkers of the central route and after 3 kms you will be at Casa da Fernanda ,the best place to stay at the entire caminho Português, From there it is 14 kms to Ponte de Lima.
Thanks for this info.
If I stay in Eposende and walk to Casa da Fernanda will this work? Is it easy to find the route from Casa da Fernanda?
After Casa da Fernanda where did you walk?
I am thinking to Rubiaes.
Thanks

Thanks for this info.
If I stay in Eposende and walk to Casa da Fernanda will this work? Is it easy to find the route from Casa da Fernanda?
Thanks
Depends how many kms you will walk. it is about 30 kms
what you can do is walk. in the direction of Viana do Castelo
to one of the trainstations or better find a bus stop There is a bus from Viana to Braga and stops in Baluguães and almost on the corner of the road N308 and the N204 .
if you go out the bus there and walk on the N204 direction Ponte de Lima after about 1,5 kms you will find a bustop and next to the busstop are the waymarkers to Fernanda
walking in the direction of Ponte de Lima at the busstop turn to the right and you are on the waymarked path
after about 2 kms is Casa da Fernanda at the left side of the road
Give Fernanda a call on beforehand because it can be busy
you can give me your information- name and date you think you will arrive and I can reserve for you Regulary I am in contact with them.In march next I will stay some days with them

From Fernanda it is easy to walk to Ponte de Lima 14 kms and on to Rubiães

advice. Look at google maps or so to have an idea of the area and the distances
Esposend but also Vitorino dos Piães where Fernanda is situated

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Depends how many kms you will walk. it is about 30 kms
what you can do is walk. in the direction of Viana do Castelo
to one of the trainstations or better find a bus stop There is a bus from Viana to Braga and stops in Baluguães and almost on the corner of the road N308 and the N204 .
if you go out the bus there and walk on the N204 direction Ponte de Lima after about 1,5 kms you will find a bustop and next to the busstop are the waymarkers to Fernanda
walking in the direction of Ponte de Lima at the busstop turn to the right and you are on the waymarked path
after about 2 kms is Casa da Fernanda at the left side of the road
Give Fernanda a call on beforehand because it can be busy
you can give me your information- name and date you think you will arrive and I can reserve for you Regulary I am in contact with them.In march next I will stay some days with them

From Fernanda it is easy to walk to Ponte de Lima 14 kms and on to Rubiães

advice. Look at google maps or so to have an idea of the area and the distances
Esposend but also Vitorino dos Piães where Fernanda is situated

Attachments

• 9A790A47-A025-42CB-96E7-5D9468F98487.jpeg
    9A790A47-A025-42CB-96E7-5D9468F98487.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 11
  • C7A80D26-13E3-4357-8E8F-CA7167860520.jpeg
    C7A80D26-13E3-4357-8E8F-CA7167860520.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 789C3CE3-385D-403E-A785-55F3E3A325C2.jpeg
    789C3CE3-385D-403E-A785-55F3E3A325C2.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 11
Hi everybody! I also plan to walk the camino from Porto up north starting 14th March. I was wondering if you think that finding an accomodation would be a problem at this time of year/also regarding covid? Thanks!
Finding accommodations has not been an issue, but we are an adult family of 4 who are using small apartments and hostels with a few hotels thrown in. Booking.com was my go to this year if that helps. Lots of mask wearing and make sure to take that COVID test to get into Portugal.

Finding accommodations has not been an issue, but we are an adult family of 4 who are using small apartments and hostels with a few hotels thrown in. Booking.com was my go to this year if that helps. Lots of mask wearing and make sure to take that COVID test to get into Portugal.
I thought the Portugal requirement for a Covid test had been dropped if you are vaccinated. Is the test still required?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just returned from walking the Portugues. I flew from Madrid to Porto, in Porto they wanted to see my vaccine card, that was it.

getting the rapid antigen test to come back to US was simple and free, plenty of places to get it and results in 10 minutes.

many Albergues were open, great weather.

I might come back and join in

Enjoy

I just returned from walking the Portugues. I flew from Madrid to Porto, in Porto they wanted to see my vaccine card, that was it.

getting the rapid antigen test to come back to US was simple and free, plenty of places to get it and results in 10 minutes.

many Albergues were open, great weather.

I might come back and join in

Enjoy
thanks Tim, just to clarify - I am an American and don't have the EU digital pass

Thanks Tim that's great to hear. Did you walk the coastal or central?
Did you book albergues in advance or arrive and find a bed?
Id like the option of getting them as I walk, at least that way if I'm tired I can stop when I need to.
Very excited after hearing about all the good weather!
Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Definitely! I walked the same route in 2019 and because it was in March many albergues were not open. Though, I have to say there were a couple of times when I had to make changes on the fly and it was not a problem finding accommodations.

It will give you peace of mind and one less thing to be concerned about as you enjoy the beautiful scenic Camino Portugués. Make your reservations as soon as possible so you have better options of finding what you need. Booking.com is one of many sources for reservations, and my favorite:)

Bom Caminho!

Thanks for this info.
Thanks
I have this pdf. file for Camino Portugués de la Costa's distances from town to town with what services are available in each one. Maybe it'll help:)

Attachments

• Camino Portugués de la Costa - Daily Distance.pdf
    425.7 KB · Views: 63
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Tim that's great to hear. Did you walk the coastal or central?
Did you book albergues in advance or arrive and find a bed?
Id like the option of getting them as I walk, at least that way if I'm tired I can stop when I need to.
Very excited after hearing about all the good weather!
Thanks
Coastal until Caminha, then to Tui. nothing in advance since it was February, just a handful of Pilgrims.

Most read last week in this forum

Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back