• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal Cornwall Camino?

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Time of past OR future Camino
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Really enjoyed you blog - its a fantastic part of the world - and just made for relentless walking... (or cycling!)
Have you thought of doing the Mary Michael Pilgrim's Way that goes from the end of Cornwall across to Norfolk? Its another amazing route with lots of historic/sacred/interesting places to visit. The walking route is on https://marymichaelpilgrimsway.org and I am compiling a cyclists form on my blog site which i will get finished in October. The trouble is it actually takes longer to compile the route and write it all out than it takes to actually cycle it!
But it is great for us Camino addicts to have these routes on our doorstep - I am thinking of cycling my route the opposite way round and I still want to walk the rest of the route - as I've only walked parts of Devon and Cornwall so far...
Keep up the good work!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Really enjoyed you blog - its a fantastic part of the world - and just made for relentless walking... (or cycling!)
Have you thought of doing the Mary Michael Pilgrim's Way that goes from the end of Cornwall across to Norfolk? Its another amazing route with lots of historic/sacred/interesting places to visit. The walking route is on https://marymichaelpilgrimsway.org and I am compiling a cyclists form on my blog site which i will get finished in October. The trouble is it actually takes longer to compile the route and write it all out than it takes to actually cycle it!
But it is great for us Camino addicts to have these routes on our doorstep - I am thinking of cycling my route the opposite way round and I still want to walk the rest of the route - as I've only walked parts of Devon and Cornwall so far...
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for reading and the suggested walk! Much of the SWCP is not cycling friendly, I think - or at least I would not want to do it - too narrow, too close to the edge.

Attachments

• 2AAC3912-EFC3-4339-A233-D53BA7884DDB.jpeg
    2AAC3912-EFC3-4339-A233-D53BA7884DDB.jpeg
    768.3 KB · Views: 7
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am still walking it - in sections.... Done South Devon and some of Cornwall. - I agree it is not cycle-friendly - so it nearly caused divorce when I took my husband along a few sections after we cycled the Saint's Way (also not cycle friendly...) it might of been the dog and trailer I insisted he tow as well....!

I am still walking it - in sections.... Done South Devon and some of Cornwall. - I agree it is not cycle-friendly - so it nearly caused divorce when I took my husband along a few sections after we cycled the Saint's Way (also not cycle friendly...) it might of been the dog and trailer I insisted he tow as well....!
The U.K. Has some of the finest coastal paths in the Europe. I've done the Jurassic section of the swcp and it's stunningly beautiful! The Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion paths and the fife coastal path are highly recommended. I'd say impossible to cycle. I'm off on Tuesday to start the Welsh coastal path from the north. I've recently read, there's large sections that are suitable for cycling. I was initially... going to cycle from Warrington, down through Wales and around the north Devon and Cornish sections of the swcp. (By road) Flying over my handlebars last week, put paid to my cycling for a wee while. That's ok, I've still got feet! I'll look forward to reading the cycling blogs. Cheers. Wild

Oooh - have fun! We really want to walk the Welsh coast as well (my husband is Welsh!) and Offa's Dyke.... so many routes.....!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oooh - have fun! We really want to walk the Welsh coast as well (my husband is Welsh!) and Offa's Dyke.... so many routes.....!
Aye, you'r right about being spoiled with choice in the uk. It's the same old weather situation that makes it difficult, if camping for the whole trip. (even in summer) My father was stationed down south.I was born usk,Monmouthshire. After my bike crash, I also contemplated offas dyke. To many stiles for my injured knee! It's on my list, along with the Wye valley river walk. I'm now exited about the WCP. Now, hurry krishna's blog has opened up more avenues in the south west😅.enjoy your next trip? Wild

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.