• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal Portugués Camino in March this year....

Mary-Rose O’Regan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre and Muxia, Celtic Camino, Camino Primitivo.
Hallo there
im beginning the coastal Portugues route from Porto to Santiago on March 3rd this year.... I just have one question, will the Albergues be open on this route... I would appreciate your help on this ... I’ve already looked on the really good site which shows the Albergue open tha t time of the year but unfortunately it doesn’t show the coastal route.... hopefully someone can five me some info ☘

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Mary-Rose :)

My first thought would be to get the app, Wisely+ (a Wise Pilgrim product). You can obtain the Coastal Portuguese route information, which will list various infrastructure things like restaurants, grocers, albergues, hostals, etc.

I wouldn't know how up-to-date the information is, but this will give you a resource that may help get you started.

Additionally, here is a resources that I do not know if you've seen:

Another:

Gronze.com shows the months that the albergues are open. View it in Google Chrome for the option to translate it into English.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This is the resource I always use as it's free and has each stage of every Portuguese Way including Coastal and Shoreline routes in every format (Google Maps, wikiloc, pdf etc) and its the Blog of Luis Freixo see http://www.caminador.es/, a retired gentleman from Vigo who does it for the love and does not gain a penny...there's also info on main towns where to stay, eat etc as well as all map based stuff from Google like sights etc

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Mary-Rose and to all the members of the community!

I am considering to do the coastal camino (I would like to stick close to the sea as much as I can) starting from 01/03 till the 12/03. Since it is my first time to pursue the camino, I would be grateful to receive any feedback on how I should best pack my bag for the journey.

This is the warmest winter that I remember and I am confused on how to best prepare my backpack (is 50l already too much?). Are there other tipps I need to check out before arriving to Porto (I would most probably start el camino right after arriving to the airport as I already visited the beautiful city of Porto)?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cristian

im beginning the coastal Portugues route from Porto to Santiago on March 3rd this year....will the Albergues be open on this route...
All the municipal albergues will be open on the coastal, we did it last Jan and found the infrastructure was good there even out of season. We also stayed in aprivate one, that was a strategical end of the stage thing, so was open as well. A lot of private accommodation is also available on the route even in winter, but some camping sites could be closed till later, the begining of the season is usually Apr there. Bom Caminho! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back