• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal Portuguese Camino, for free

kenwilltravel

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal (2018)
Portuguese Coastal, with Spiritual Variant (2019)
A lot of people think about walking the Camino de Santiago yet hesitate, for various reasons. Perhaps because of concerns around their age, health or lack of hiking experience, they find themselves intimidated by the challenge.
My wife and I were like that back in 2018. But we persevered through the wall of worry to walk the 200 miles of the Coastal Portuguese from Porto.
Did we make mistakes? Plenty. But we learned from those errors, as can readers of my book, Sauntering to Santiago: The Camino de Santiago for Slow Walkers.
For the next 5 days (ending Monday, June 6), the e-book or Kindle version will be available for free download on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sauntering-Santiago-Camino-Slow-Walkers-ebook/dp/B07RHQX2PX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=102KIVC6SJNII&keywords=Sauntering+to+Santiago&qid=1654153644&sprefix=sauntering+to+santiago,aps,193&sr=8-1.
You can download this from whatever Amazon site you typically use to order items, in whatever country.
While this account should be of interest to anyone researching the Coastal Portuguese, I wrote it particularly for “newbies,” people who may not be in peak physical condition — my wife has asthma and diabetes — but who can benefit from what we learned planning around those limitations.
If you enjoy my account, please leave a review on Amazon, which is of immense help to self-published authors such as myself. Thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Did we make mistakes? Plenty. But we learned from those errors, as can readers of my book, Sauntering to Santiago: The Camino de Santiago for Slow Walkers.
For the next 5 days (ending Monday, June 6), the e-book or Kindle version will be available
You can download this from whatever Amazon site you typically use to order items, in whatever country.
If you enjoy my account, please leave a review on Amazon, which is of immense help to self-published authors such as myself. Thanks!
Very kind of you Ken...I've added it to my library next to your earlier book the 'Spiritual Variant'. 🤗
Best wishes for you & Bina's future endeavours!
👣 🌏

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A lot of people think about walking the Camino de Santiago yet hesitate, for various reasons. Perhaps because of concerns around their age, health or lack of hiking experience, they find themselves intimidated by the challenge.
My wife and I were like that back in 2018. But we persevered through the wall of worry to walk the 200 miles of the Coastal Portuguese from Porto.
For the next 5 days (ending Monday, June 6), the e-book or Kindle version will be available for free download on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sauntering-Santiago-Camino-Slow-Walkers-ebook/dp/B07RHQX2PX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=102KIVC6SJNII&keywords=Sauntering+to+Santiago&qid=1654153644&sprefix=sauntering+to+santiago,aps,193&sr=8-1.
While this account should be of interest to anyone researching the Coastal Portuguese, I wrote it particularly for “newbies,” people who may not be in peak physical condition — my wife has asthma and diabetes — but who can benefit from what we learned planning around those limitations.
Many thanks, Ken. We're heading up the coastal route later this month...slowly!

Thank you Ken! I am walking the end of September. I can’t wait to read your book!

Thank you so much Ken for your wonderful book for free! I am enjoying reading it, still thinking about which CP route to take after the Senda Litoral to Vila do Conde when I start from Porto in September. Will decide once walking but your account so far is very helpful and interesting to read esp as I am in my 60s too. Thank you and happy to give it a great review.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you for your kind gesture. Something to look forward to reading!

Thank you 'Kenwilltravel' for this book. I read it this morning in one go. I'm doing your exact Coastal route at the end of June and am in the 15km to 20km a day club too. As well as being a helpful resource it is a really good read. I felt I was there.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Unfortunately I am unable to download it in Australia. 😢

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back