• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

coastal Route in September

Evy70

Time of past OR future Camino
(2018)
I am hope to do the coastal route in September or October, but I may only have 2 or 21/2 weeks. What would be the best use of the time- beginning in? ending in?
I did the Camino Frances in 2017, but did not finish, so Santiago can wait, or not?
Thanks,

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, I am also doing Portuguese coastal route from Porto to Santiago in September. I only have 2 weeks and I was told its more than enough time to complete the route. I was in Santiago in April after doing part of CF. I know the camino experience is not about finishing in Santiago and more about nature, scenary and peace and it was but the feeling of making it to the end was very satisfying for me.

If u decide to do it this September, maybe we will run into each other.

We took two weeks off and did tree days in Porto then headed to Baiona by bus where we started the Camino Portugues Coastal. We did Baiona to SdC via Variante Espiritual in 9 days, with many easy days because we didn't know how to expect or how our bodies would react.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
You can easily go from Porto to Santiago on the coastal route in 2 weeks, we did it in 12 days, but did not do the Variante Espiritual which would add on another day.

We took two weeks off and did tree days in Porto then headed to Baiona by bus where we started the Camino Portugues Coastal. We did Baiona to SdC via Variante Espiritual in 9 days, with many easy days because we didn't know how to expect or how our bodies would react.
Was the bus to Baiona easy to take? We will be there next week.

Was the bus to Baiona easy to take? We will be there next week.
Yes! We took the 10h15 bus to Vigo from Porto in Campo dos Mártires da Pátria, it's a yellow one, named Autna, was half hour late and made us a bit nervous, but it always passes there, just wait by the sidewalk. Bought the ticket on the bar in front with the lovely Brazilian waiter.
Then on Vigo station, downstairs at stops 9, 10, 11 and 12, I think, at 15h30 we took the bus to Baiona. The info guy there did not speak English, so a few words in Galician/Spanish will be useful

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back