• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal route June 2019

Ajay

Time of past OR future Camino
1000owls
Hi all, new member here. At the beginning of planning a route from Porto to SdC late June this year. Looking at combining Coastal, Litoral and Espiritual routes. So much info and knowledge on these pages!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We walked the Senda Litoral out of Porto in September followed the coast up into Spain and then walked the Spiritual Variant ( amazing!) into Santiago. It was a wonderful walk!

Hi Ajay,
I will do the same route starting 8th of June, first experience for me and I'm still in the process of planning stages though the more I read the more I get the feeling that over planning can spoil partially the beauty of the camino. My intention is to walk as much as possible on the ocean up to Viladesuso where I'd like to cut uphills towards Saians instead of passing through Baiona. Same for the variante espiritual, Villagarcia after Almenteira and then Pontecesures by walk instead of the boat.
This is roughly my current plan:
08/06/19​
OPORTO​
OPORTO​
0​
09/06/19​
OPORTO​
VILA DO CONDE​
22,1​
10/06/19​
VILA DO CONDE​
ESPOSENDE​
24,4​
11/06/19​
ESPOSENDE​
VIANA DO CASTELO​
25,1​
12/06/19​
VIANA DO CASTELO​
CAMINHA​
26,8​
13/06/19​
CAMINHA​
VILADESUSO​
21,3​
14/06/19​
VILADESUSO​
SAIANS​
23,8​
15/06/19​
SAIANS​
REDONDELA​
29,4​
16/06/19​
REDONDELA​
PONTEVEDRA​
19,6​
17/06/19​
PONTEVEDRA​
ALMENTERIA​
25,2​
18/06/19​
ALMENTERIA​
VILLAGARCIA​
26,1​
19/06/19​
VILLAGARCIA​
HERBON​
23,3​
20/06/19​
HERBON​
SANTIAGO​
26,9​
21/06/19​
SANTIAGO​
NEGREIRA​
20,6​
22/06/19​
NEGREIRA​
OLVEIROA​
32,6​
23/06/19​
OLVEIROA​
CORCUBION​
21,6​
24/06/19​
CORCUBION​
SANTIAGO​
13,4​

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Ajay,
I will do the same route starting 8th of June, first experience for me and I'm still in the process of planning stages though the more I read the more I get the feeling that over planning can spoil partially the beauty of the camino. My intention is to walk as much as possible on the ocean up to Viladesuso where I'd like to cut uphills towards Saians instead of passing through Baiona. Same for the variante espiritual, Villagarcia after Almenteira and then Pontecesures by walk instead of the boat.
This is roughly my current plan:
08/06/19​
OPORTO​
OPORTO​
0​
09/06/19​
OPORTO​
VILA DO CONDE​
22,1​
10/06/19​
VILA DO CONDE​
ESPOSENDE​
24,4​
11/06/19​
ESPOSENDE​
VIANA DO CASTELO​
25,1​
12/06/19​
VIANA DO CASTELO​
CAMINHA​
26,8​
13/06/19​
CAMINHA​
VILADESUSO​
21,3​
14/06/19​
VILADESUSO​
SAIANS​
23,8​
15/06/19​
SAIANS​
REDONDELA​
29,4​
16/06/19​
REDONDELA​
PONTEVEDRA​
19,6​
17/06/19​
PONTEVEDRA​
ALMENTERIA​
25,2​
18/06/19​
ALMENTERIA​
VILLAGARCIA​
26,1​
19/06/19​
VILLAGARCIA​
HERBON​
23,3​
20/06/19​
HERBON​
SANTIAGO​
26,9​
21/06/19​
SANTIAGO​
NEGREIRA​
20,6​
22/06/19​
NEGREIRA​
OLVEIROA​
32,6​
23/06/19​
OLVEIROA​
CORCUBION​
21,6​
24/06/19​
CORCUBION​
SANTIAGO​
13,4​

Hello,
I'm doing a bit of research on the Variante Espiritual and ran across your post. Looks like we will be on roughly the same schedule. I might begin around the 5th out of Porto.
I'd like to do the coast as well, and I may also walk into Muxia. (I bussed into Finisterre twice in the past)

I've been to the CF twice, and you are right to begin with a plan, but be prepared to adjust as you feel necessary and as you learn more about the layout of the land while you're walking. Some of the best experiences I had were because I changed (or had to change) my original plan.
Best of luck with your planning and maybe our paths will cross...

We walked the Senda Litoral out of Porto in September followed the coast up into Spain and then walked the Spiritual Variant ( amazing!) into Santiago. It was a wonderful walk!

Hello,
I am planning the same walk for early June of this year.
Can you tell me how many days you took for that walk? Any rest days? I have been on CF twice, but this is my first CP. Any tips you can give would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Lynne

Hello,
I'm doing a bit of research on the Variante Espiritual and ran across your post. Looks like we will be on roughly the same schedule. I might begin around the 5th out of Porto.
I'd like to do the coast as well, and I may also walk into Muxia. (I bussed into Finisterre twice in the past)

I've been to the CF twice, and you are right to begin with a plan, but be prepared to adjust as you feel necessary and as you learn more about the layout of the land while you're walking. Some of the best experiences I had were because I changed (or had to change) my original plan.
Best of luck with your planning and maybe our paths will cross...

Indeed, I'm fully prepared to any inconvenience hence the 4 days to Finisterre after Santiago could be used instead to slow down the route from Porto to Santiago.
Speaking about inconvenience, I could not even imagine a worse start for my first training session: after 30 minutes walk in a wood with my dog we've been assailed by two other dogs led (well "not led" is more correct) by a crazy 80 yo man with no clue how to deal with dogs gone berserk.
Result: a dozaine bites on my legs/hands and 3 for my lady. I'm now questioning my idea to go alone on the hills after Viladesuso. But that was not the worst news, my father has been diagnosed yesterday of a probable lung cancer, I'm quite sure I will have to put off my camino this year.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What sad news, and what a rough outing you had.
I am sorry about your father. It is good that you will be there to support him. The Camino will be there for you at the right time.
Best wishes for you and your father.

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back