• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal to Central at non-typical points

Lizremedy

Time of past OR future Camino
Cycle (2020)
We want to start from Porto for a bit along the coast and then want to cross from coast to central either at:
1. Esposende to Barcelos or
2.Viana do Castelo to Ponte de Lima.
Has anyone done either?
Does anyone have any further information or GPX tracks for those routes? Supposedly the ecovia along the Lima river is pleasant. Im trying to avoid busy roads with no sidewalk.
Much appreciated

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We want to start from Porto for a bit along the coast and then want to cross from coast to central either at:
1. Esposende to Barcelos or
2.Viana do Castelo to Ponte de Lima.
Has anyone done either?
Does anyone have any further information or GPX tracks for those routes? Supposedly the ecovia along the Lima river is pleasant. Im trying to avoid busy roads with no sidewalk.
Much appreciated
I am crossing at Caminha. I live on the south coast of NSW Australia, see lots of coasts, and amazing beaches in my life, here and overseas, so I feel I have a good mix of both. Even on the coastal I am taking some slight inland detours along the way. One thing, is we just can't cover every inch in one go.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The two routes are close but only for the first days, and also the terrain changes in a way that makes west to east travel more complicated and longer. Rather than Esposende, I would pick a place with a river, like Viana do Castelo. You may not find a GPX but following the road and adjacent trails should be much easier, or on the south side of the river there is a bike path that you could follow…

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I’m watching weather everyday! It’s my first Camino, from Tui to Santiago.( April 26-May 2) I’m using AccuWeather to see future forecasts, and everyday it changes! My question: When the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.