• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal Walk Accommodation Favourites?

MichaelF4

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese Coastal 2017
Camino Frances 2018
Camino Frances, Camino Invierno 2019
Hello,

I'm interested in doing the coastal route in late August and I'm interested in some opinions on where to stay. I have no real budget issues but I also don't need anything fancy. But I do need a decent sleep at night. I've found the excellent resource for the walk on the forum but the list is detailed to the point where it is info overload!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello,

I'm interested in doing the coastal route in late August and I'm interested in some opinions on where to stay. I have no real budget issues but I also don't need anything fancy. But I do need a decent sleep at night. I've found the excellent resource for the walk on the forum but the list is detailed to the point where it is info overload!

Hi Mike: Here is a list of the hotels that I used last year on the coastal route. A few are large, 3 star places that may be a bit pricey for a solo traveller, but there are a number of smaller ones that may work for you:

Povoa de Varzim - Grande Hotel Povoa
Esposende - Suave Mar
Viana do Castelo - Pension O Laranjiera
Vila Praia de Ancora - Hotel Meira
A Guarda - Vila da Guarda
Oia - Casa Puertas
Baiona - Anunciada Baiona
Vigo - Hotel Compostela Vigo
Redondela - Hotel Santo Apostolo
Pontevedra - Hotel Ruas
Caldas de Reis - O Cruciero Centre
Padron - Rosalia Padron
SDC - Hospederia San Martin Pinario

One of them, either Suave Mar or Hotel Meira, had a nice swimming pool, but I would not say that I have any favourites among the group. They were all very decent places to stay.

I hope this helps.

Hi, I recently walked from Viana do Castelo to Santiago, and knew exactly where I wanted to stay, so I booked the following, all good:
Viana do Castelo, Hotel Laranjeira
Vila Praia de Ancora, Albergaria Quim Barreiros
A Guarda, Hotel Eli-Mar
Oia, Casa Puertas
Nigran, El Retiro
Vigo, Hotel Coia de Vigo
Chapela, Bahia de Chapela
Pontevedra, Slow City Hostel
Armenteira, Albergue (Tel: +34 670 757 777)
Vilanova da Arousa, Hotel Bradomin (but buy the ferry ticket at the albergue)
Padron, Albergue Rossol
Bom caminho!
Jill

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you both for the excellent information.

Walked the Senda Litoral/Caminho Portugês da Costa a few weeks ago and I found the parochial and municipal albergues quite adequate. The Albergue in Viana do Castelo even gave us a towel and sheets!

Walked the Senda Litoral/Caminho Portugês da Costa a few weeks ago and I found the parochial and municipal albergues quite adequate. The Albergue in Viana do Castelo even gave us a towel and sheets!

Did any of the albergues have private or semi private rooms available for an extra fee?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back