• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal way from Porto - starting 27 July 2017

Mikamark

Time of past OR future Camino
In July 2017 I will walk the Portuguese Camino
Hi is anyone else thinking about doing this walk a the end of July? Does anyone have any advice on the expected weather or anything else?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi is anyone else thinking about doing this walk a the end of July? Does anyone have any advice on the expected weather or anything else?
My sister and I are walking may 31st from porto to Vila do condo then turning inland to the Portuguese route.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Walked this route in June 2016. Coolish at times. You can have a look at my blog.www.gittiharre.blogspot.com
Happy to answer specific questions.
Thank you that was a great read, I will be following the coast for a bit longer than you did. I was interested to note that it was easy to find the markers, I am hoping that will be the case for myself. I do not speak Portuguese, is that likely to be an issue? I am also allergic to gluten which will make conversations around food and eating interesting. Do you think I will have any issues finding food and knowing if it is gluten free? I was also intrigued that you note there were quite a number of pilgrims and they became more as you entered Spain. I suspect there should be plenty in July/August.

Thank you for taking the time to share your blog.

With verys best wishes Mikamark

My sister and I are walking may 31st from porto to Vila do condo then turning inland to the Portuguese route.
Hi, I will be interested in how things go for you, I plan to walk up to the boarder and then join the inland route.

Thank you that was a great read, I will be following the coast for a bit longer than you did. I was interested to note that it was easy to find the markers, I am hoping that will be the case for myself. I do not speak Portuguese, is that likely to be an issue? I am also allergic to gluten which will make conversations around food and eating interesting. Do you think I will have any issues finding food and knowing if it is gluten free? I was also intrigued that you note there were quite a number of pilgrims and they became more as you entered Spain. I suspect there should be plenty in July/August.

Thank you for taking the time to share your blog.

With verys best wishes Mikamark
I was surprised at the number of people who speak English. Gluten free a bit of a challenge. There is plenty of seafood and veges and salad. Eggs and yogurt and fruit for bfast. Did not come across gluten free bread except for odd organic shop in Lisbon...but I did not look.
Have a great time.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Hi Mika,
I will start from 26 or 27 of july 2017 from porto to the santiago. I am also planning to take the coastal way for some time to get used to the direction (especially for the convineince). Let me know if you want to meet in porto. I will reach porto on 25th July.

Hi Mika,
I will start from 26 or 27 of july 2017 from porto to the santiago. I am also planning to take the coastal way for some time to get used to the direction (especially for the convineince). Let me know if you want to meet in porto. I will reach porto on 25th July.
I'm hoping to run some of the way .... I may start from airport... planning has been badly interrupted so cramming via this site ATM ... sea to left and keep going

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just see this thread now!

Bom caminho!

Please come back and share your experiences.
I am walking the coastal from Porto starting September 16. I too have a gluten allergy and would be happy to hear any tips!

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back