• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Codex Calixtinus

brambles

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Inca (2018)
Camino Frances (June/July 2019)
Camino Portugues (June/July 2020)
Does anyone know if it is possible to see the Codex Calixtinus on display somewhere in Santiago? Searching online I can't find anything. Thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can't answer that, but if you like ancient books, visit the museum at the Basilica de San Isidoro in Léon.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think it is on display in the Cathedral Museum.

For more info re the relatively recent history of the Codex see

I believe that the Codex is now kept within the Cathedral archives
See more here

Last edited:
In Leon at the San Isidro you can see the Chalis, that they say was used at the last supper. The museum there is very interesting.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I just saw from El Camino People on Instagram that the codex will be displayed for a limited time at the cathedral in Santiago this week only. Per the post, the display schedule for the rest of the week is:

Tuesday, 6 June 2023 (18:00)
Wednesday, 7 June 2023 (18:00)
Thursday 8 June 2023 (10:30 and 18:00)
Friday, 9 June 2023 (10:30, 16:30 and 18:00)

I will be in Santiago next week so I will miss it by a few days :-(

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back