• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coimbra to Santiago how many days?

Dandyy27

Time of past OR future Camino
planned
Hello, i would like to ask you how many days does it take to reach santiago from Coimbra through Porto coastal. What i mean is i found many maps where are marked alberques in most common towns on the way, but are there alberques along the way like every 5-10km? Some day acording to some people you walk 30km and some day just 17km, so 47km is quite walk in case i want to speed up my journey. But can you acutually walk like 40km? will there be place where to sleep or do you have to follow those itirenaries . I have only limited time to do my walk because of my job, i got 16 days to reach santiago from Coimbra so im asking if its doable withou pushing myself over the top. MANY THANKS. Buen camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I used www.gronze.com to plan my stages and accommodation. There are plenty of options for stages of various lengths, just don't expect albergues. Some accommodation might be more expensive than that.
On your other questions, I am doing the Central route and expect to reach Santiago 20 days after leaving Coimbra, including one rest day, ie in 19 walking days. But my target is 20 km/day, and if you think you can do more, you may get it done on 16 walking days. Others might have a view on the feasibility of that.

I used www.gronze.com to plan my stages and accommodation. There are plenty of options for stages of various lengths, just don't expect albergues. Some accommodation might be more expensive than that.
On your other questions, I am doing the Central route and expect to reach Santiago 20 days after leaving Coimbra, including one rest day, ie in 19 walking days. But my target is 20 km/day, and if you think you can do more, you may get it done on 16 walking days. Others might have a view on the feasibility of that.
You are my kind of Pilgrim!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Doug. U nearing Santiago yet? I'm there Tuesday evening to friday. Cheers kiwi kay

1 Coimbra -Mealhada
2 Mealhada -Águeda
3 Águeda -Albergaría-a-Velha
4 Albergaría-a-Velha -Oliveira de Azemeís
5 Oliveira de Azemėis -São Joåo da Madeira
6 São João da Madeira - Porto
7 Porto -Angeiras
8 Angeiras- Vila do Conde / Póvoa de Varzim
9 Vila do Conde /Póvoa de Varzim - Esposende
10 Esposende -Viana do Castelo
11 Viana do Castelo -Vila Praia de Âncora
12 Praia de Âncora -Caminha /A Guarda
13 Caminha /A Guarda- Santa Maria de Oia /Mougas
14 Santa Maria de Oia /Mougas - Baiona
15Baiona -Vigo
16 Vigo- Redondela/Cesantes
17 Redondela/Cesantes- Pontevedra
18 Pontevedra-Caldas de Reis
19 Caldas de Reis -Padron
20 Padron- Santiago

about 20 kms per day except last day 24 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back