• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cola Cao con leche de soja?

Wombat

Hi All,

My wife and I will be starting the Camino del Norte from Irún in the near future. On past camino's my wife has enjoyed "Cola Cao con leche" as a hot drink. However, she has since changed from vegetarian to vegan and now has her hot chocolate with soy milk, in Australia.

I was wondering if any bars along the Norte are likely to to be able to provide "Cola Cao con leche de soja" .

I realise that a vegan diet will be difficult for her to maintain but we will see how she goes. In the past she has relaxed a strict vegetarian diet.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks Kevin

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sinceramente, no creo que encuentres muchos bares a lo largo del camino que tengan leche de soja, al menos en Asturias. Y no creo que lo encuentres porque es algo que no lo toma la gente de forma habitual. De hecho, yo nunca vi que alguien pidiera eso en un bar. En supermercados, no creo que tengas problemas para encontrar esa leche.

I honestly do not think you'll find many bars along the way that have soy milk, at least in Asturias. And I do not find it because it's something people do not take it regularly. In fact, I never saw that someone asked that in a bar. In supermarkets, I do not have trouble finding that milk.

Hi Wombat

Angulero is right, you won´t find it in bars. You will at supermarkets.

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I just Googled "powdered soy milk" here in the States and got a ton of responses. Check it out down under.

Consider using powdered soy milk. Individual packets might work best - stored in a zip lock bag.

My gastric lap band (lost huge amount of weight some years back) compels me to use powdered protein powder several times daily. So, I am familiar with having to tote several extra kilos of powder in my rucksack. You do what you must do.

I hope this helps.

Buen Camino y'all

Tom (from Virginia)

Esa leche en polvo no creo que sea muy complicada de conseguir aquí, en supermecados (hipercor, mercadona, ....), parafarmacias, etc.
Como dije en mi primer mensaje, lo complicado será que en un bar la tengan, no es habitual.

That milk powder not think it's very difficult to get here in supermarkets (hipercor, Mercadona, ....), drugstores, etc..
As I said in my first post, how difficult will it have it in a bar, it is unusual.

http://www.masvitale.com/leche-de-soja-en-polvo-550-gr-sotya.html?gclid=CMvexdCCxrkCFYfMtAodH0cA-Q

I am on the Camino del Norte right now and have found it no trouble to be vegetarian. Vegan is another matter. I don't drink milk but do eat cheese and eggs. I have found soy milk in some shops but have not tried it as I can't finish a litre at a time. There are great salads, lots of fruit, cheeses and bread. The traditional dish of egg and potato is also good for dinner or breakfast. Cheers Ter

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back