• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cold on the Levante

Kevin F. O*brien

Time of past OR future Camino
2002-2019 Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Via de la plata, Camino del Norte, Camino Primitivo, etc.
Hello all, started from Valencia nine days ago and am now in La Gineta north of Albacete. The guide book has been very good, that issued by the Amigos in Valencia but use your guides in most towns because the marking tends to disappear. Main point at the moment is that for April it is extremely cold and windy. We had minus six when we left Higueruela with a freezing north wind.
I was pleasantly suprised to meet other pilgrims for a few days, but now seem to be alone again!
Apparently there are a lot more pilgrims here this year. More later

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Whoa! It was vastly hot when I walked. I guess the advantage is you don't have to carry so much water.

Go well Kevin

Andy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back