• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Combarro Lodging

kmccue

Time of past OR future Camino
Any recommendations? We will be heading for Armenteira the next day...perhaps just push on to Armenteira and stay at monastery?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Are you sure to walk on to Armenteira. You will meet a nasty hill , worse than the Portela de Alto Grande beyond Ponte de Lima.
We stayed in Combarra .there is a bar where they rent some rooms just opposite the harbour. I will try to find out the name. We were there in 2015

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Indeed it was Hogar del Puerto were we stayed .depending to the time of the year decide to book in advance e.g. Booking.com
we just went into the bar and asked for a room .nice place to stay.
And the next step from there was going to Armeinteiros where just outside the monastery begins a medieval path, a ruta de pedras e de augas - beautiful.
At the end of this path walk on for one or two kms untill you see another bar, os Castanhos .they also rent rooms. Asked the lady to call the guys from the boat for the departuretimes to PadrĂłn. She gave us a lift to Vila Nova the next day because due to the tide it was not possible to reach the boat and the next boat went two days later.
Bom caminho

Last edited:
So that's another question. We actually have the time to walk to Padron, but it seems a lot of people take the boat. Thoughts? And did you stay at the monastary or the albergue in armenteira?

So that's another question. We actually have the time to walk to Padron, but it seems a lot of people take the boat. Thoughts? And did you stay at the monastary or the albergue in armenteira?
The boattrip is spectacular. Okay you can walk along the riverbank but the boat we loved it.
No we walked from Combarro to Armenteira, had a short rest and walked on to the bar os Castanhos.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
We actually have the time to walk to Padron, but it seems a lot of people take the boat. Thoughts?

Hi, I took the boat, and haven’t (yet) walked from Vilanova de Arousa to Padron, but a camino buddy walked (while we took the boat), and she found it much longer and tougher than she expected.

John Brierley, in his latest guidebook, says: “This stage along the rio Ulla appears from the map as a riverside walk but appearances can be deceptive! In reality it is a long and mostly gruelling hike with few river stretches.”

He gives the distance as 36.7kms.

Jill

Thanks to Albertinho’s information I plan to stay in Castanos, B&B €25, menu €15. I picture small homely rural casa,,,, perfect after a pleasant walk.
Next day I’m thinking boat ride will be wasted on me as spoken tour guide information will waft away. However on a thread or blog I read that there’s road walking to Padron so recommendation to take train. ( station less than 2 hours walk after Vilanova de Arousa )

Buen Camino.

Last edited:

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.