• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Combine Manchego/Sureste with VDLP?

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
I'm just considering alternatives/modifications to the VDLP for this coming spring. I've walked VDLP/Sanabrese previously, and will be thrilled to walk it again, but I wonder:

Have you walked or do you know about combining the Caminos Manchego and Sureste with the Via de la Plata/Sanabrese route? Starting in Cuidad Real, joins the Sureste at Toledo, and then joins the VDLP at Benavente. I am also interested in whether I can join the VDLP earlier at Salamanca (is there a way to walk from Avila to Salamanca?)

Looks interesting, but I'm unsure about waymarking, water, accommodations, etc. It looks appealing to me because I've never seen that particular area of Spain, in particular Toledo.

If you've been in that area, and have advice, I'd appreciate it!

(I've checked out Peter Robins' site and there is a good deal of info on all of the above, would also like to hear from anyone who has walked it!)

Thanks.

lynne

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Lynne: I live in the Sureste, near Toledo and belong to a Confraternity helping the pilgrims and caring of Camino. Any help you may need, I will try to give. Sureste is well equiped with facilities. There are albergues in all the stages. There is even a gratuit guide and list of albergues in internet made by our fellow pilgrims from Alicante. In case you need help write to mondocao@gmail.com. ¡Buen Camino!

Hello!

Great to hear from you, and very kind of you to offer your help. I will be in touch with you via your email!

Gracias,

lynne

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Lynne: I live in the Sureste, near Toledo and belong to a Confraternity helping the pilgrims and caring of Camino. Any help you may need, I will try to give. Sureste is well equiped with facilities. There are albergues in all the stages. There is even a gratuit guide and list of albergues in internet made by our fellow pilgrims from Alicante. In case you need help write to mondocao@gmail.com. ¡Buen Camino!

Hello Veteran Camino Walkers!! I'll be travelling to Spain in May 2015, any assistance would be appreciated !!

Has anyone walked this south to north route before = Camino Manchego?

It starts in Ciudad Real and into Toledo before connecting with the Northern route.

I'd like to know if it's well marked?

I've been using this web sitemapacaminosantiago.es/caminomanchego/01-ciud… for GPS tracks,

and I've been referencing this web site for written directions...http://www.mundicamino.com/rutas.cfm?id=61 ....

are both dependable?

I've tried to find maps of this route, but no such luck - can anyone recommend a site to get this map?

Hello Veteran Camino Walkers!! I'll be travelling to Spain in May 2015, any assistance would be appreciated !!

Has anyone walked this south to north route before = Camino Manchego?

It starts in Ciudad Real and into Toledo before connecting with the Northern route.

I'd like to know if it's well marked?

I've been using this web sitemapacaminosantiago.es/caminomanchego/01-ciud… for GPS tracks,

and I've been referencing this web site for written directions...http://www.mundicamino.com/rutas.cfm?id=61 ....

are both dependable?

I've tried to find maps of this route, but no such luck - can anyone recommend a site to get this map?
Hi, Anne,

Just found your post. Have you walked the Manchego in 2015?
Thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back