Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Combining the Camino Aragones and Primitivo

Old Hillwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte 2022
For my second Camino I am considering starting in Pau, FR and walking the Camino Aragones to Puente la Reina. Then taking a bus or train to Oviedo where I will continue my walk to Santiago on the Camino Primitivo.

I already have train tickets from Paris and lodging arranged in Pau. My arrival in Pau is 27 August, and my return date back to North America is 8 October from Barcelona.

Does this sound like a practical plan?

Tom the Hillwalker

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
uhmmm... I would nearly suggest go to Leon instead and do El Salvador from Leon to Oviedo and then go forward onto the Primitivo. That might be a good idea

Tom, Sounds like a great plan. You'll really enjoy the route from Pau to the Somport Pass and the Camino Aragones is also a fabulous walk. On our Chemin Arles and Camino Aragones in Apr/May 2013 it took us 11 days to go from Pau to Puente la Reina. Just get a bus to Pamplona, only about 20 minutes and you can get anywhere by bus or train. I hear the Camino Primitivo is also a fabulous walk.....peaceful. Enjoy. Dayton and Karen

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back