• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Coming to Australia - No covid test required from April’18 2022

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
Link below. DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs and Travel) today 25/3/22

I received a msg from @anamcara who is now in France telling me about this latest news.
- Good news - not having to produce a negative Covid test prior to departure from Spain. (From April 18, 2022)
Confirm check with your airline of course. If you transit anywhere that has different restrictions, you need to find that out but coming into Australia will not require it.
Keep abreast of current situation as things can change quickly.
- you will still be required to show your Covid Vaccination certificate and anything else currently required.

This will make the return part a bit easier!

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/biosecurity-emergency-determination-ending

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Link below. DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs and Travel) today 25/3/22

I received a msg from @anamcara who is now in France telling me about this latest news.
- Good news - not having to produce a negative Covid test prior to departure from Spain. (From April 18, 2022)
Confirm check with your airline of course. If you transit anywhere that has different restrictions, you need to find that out but coming into Australia will not require it.
Keep abreast of current situation as things can change quickly.
- you will still be required to show your Covid Vaccination certificate and anything else currently required.

This will make the return part a bit easier!

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/biosecurity-emergency-determination-ending
Do check transit airports or if you have service stops, as different rules may apply for these. Easy to get caught out.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sadly I am transiting through Singapore for my flights to/from Europe and they still have strict restrictions.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hmmm... looks like it changed recently. "Covid-19 pre-departure test: Travellers are not required to take a pre-departure test to transit through Singapore." That's good news! I just saved $100 :D

I can confirm -we transited through Singapore on 21 March en route Sydney to Paris. No pre departure test was required for passengers transiting in Singapore less than 24 hours - that change came about a few weeks before we left Australia 😎

I couldn’t add ‘all’ possible transit stops that travellers may have. I’ll be transiting in Dubai ( no Covid test required transiting ) - it’s also been confirmed for a while now that one is not required transiting Singapore. So if you have a ‘clear run’ you won’t need to test pre departure to Oz.
Flying to Sydney on 18th of April. So this is good news for me.
Yay. Great. Where are you transiting ?
Looking perfect . Safe travels.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back