• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Committed

mvanert

Time of past OR future Camino
2014, 2016, 2018, 2024
My wife thinks I should be (committed, as in put away safely for my own well-being). Not really! She understands and supports that I have to go and so I have bought tickets to Dublin leaving on April 17th (66th birthday) and onwards from there to Estella to finish my 2016 camino.
Any suggestions on the best way to get to Estella from Dublin would be appreciated.
Thanks!:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My wife thinks I should be (committed, as in put away safely for my own well-being). Not really! She understands and supports that I have to go and so I have bought tickets to Dublin leaving on April 17th (66th birthday) and onwards from there to Estella to finish my 2016 camino.
Any suggestions on the best way to get to Estella from Dublin would be appreciated.

Flight from Dublin to Bilbao seems reasonable. Do check out prices with Air Lingus.

Then bus Bilbao to Estella.
With Alsa or La Union company.
Alsa company goes through Logroño and La Union goes via Pamplona. In between 3.30 and 4h time.

This site can be of help.
https://www.rome2rio.com/

Happy preparation!

Flight from Dublin to Bilbao seems reasonable. Do check out prices with Air Lingus.

Then bus Bilbao to Estella.
With Alsa or La Union company.
Alsa company goes through Logroño and La Union goes via Pamplona. In between 3.30 and 4h time.

This site can be of help.
https://www.rome2rio.com/

Happy preparation!

Thanks for this. I will investigate and let everyone know what route I choose.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wish you a wonderful continuation off your yourney and a Buen Camino , Peter .

Last edited:
Also look at Ryanair (budget airline) flights from Dublin. They have daily flights to Madrid from where you could bus or train to Estella. Buen Camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Also look at Ryanair (budget airline) flights from Dublin. They have daily flights to Madrid from where you could bus or train to Estella. Buen Camino.

For sure, I have traveled on Ryan Air several times and will definitely consider them.

I thought I'd like to let everyone know that I have booked my flight from Dublin to Madrid on Iberia and then I'll bus from Madrid to Logrono and then to Estella on the morning of April 19th. I may be a little jetlagged by this time but I'll be back on camino for five weeks. Can't wait!

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back