• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Communal dinner in Sarria?

Peligro

I walk between cafe breaks
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés ’15-’19
Primitivo ’21
VF ’23
Portugués ’24
My last night last trip I stayed at the Xunta. I've heard good things about La Casona and the Internacional. Has anybody found an albergue with a communal dinner in Sarria? Anything like Orisson or En El Camino in Boadilla del Camino? I'm hoping with so many albergues in Sarria I can get my July trip off to a good start. I know it's 5 months away but today was a snow day here and I've been buying tickets etc. all day. Really what day isn't a good day to think about the Camino?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
La Casona is a wonderful albergue, one of my very favorites. She no longer does a communal dinner, though, but instead has an outstanding communal breakfast. I highly recommend it! I have stayed there twice -- last May when I had to stop walking due to injury and again last October when I picked up where I left off. , The warmth and hospitality are tops. The result is much the same as the camaraderie of a communal dinner, with friendships made to last the rest of the walk and beyond. And the food is really, really good. 😊

La Casona is a wonderful albergue, one of my very favorites. She no longer does a communal dinner, though, but instead has an outstanding communal breakfast. I highly recommend it! I have stayed there twice -- last May when I had to stop walking due to injury and again last October when I picked up where I left off. , The warmth and hospitality are tops. The result is much the same as the camaraderie of a communal dinner, with friendships made to last the rest of the walk and beyond. And the food is really, really good. 😊
That sounds great! I won't have to worry about being in time for dinner and I'll still have a chance to meet other pilgrims before the walk. Maybe I'll head back to the river for another plate of Pulpo like I had last time!
IMG_4546.jpg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In Sarria the private albergue Durminento offers a very tasty communal meal which I have often enjoyed during past visits. Their beds/bunks are comfy also and reservations are accepted.
See more here

Happy planning and Buen camino!

I really like Don Alvaro which has a room set aside with a real fire, free orujo and a guitar, makes for a great start to any group Camino. The Italian pizzeria next door does great pizzas to share.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In Sarria the private albergue Durminento offers a very tasty communal meal which I have often enjoyed during past visits. Their beds/bunks are comfy also and reservations are accepted.
See more here

Happy planning and Buen camino!
We stayed there in 2015. Lovely friendly place. Good dinner and breakfast. However we were at the end of that stage of our walk so had time to linger over the cooked breakfast. Every one we met there was in the same position. Etape completed and plans to return the next year, so you may not meet pilgrims to walk on with next day.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
We also stayed in La Casona Sarria last Sept. Marcella, the hostess is indeed a lovely warm welcoming lady. It was a hot afternoon when we arrived and immediately she brought us out to her garden for cold drinks. The communal breakfast next morning was brilliant and one of the pilgrims entertained us with guitar and singing along with his Dad...we felt like staying there all day! Would recommend it highly!

I really like Don Alvaro which has a room set aside with a real fire, free orujo and a guitar, makes for a great start to any group Camino. The Italian pizzeria next door does great pizzas to share.
Funny you mention orujo since there was another recent lively thread all about orujo. ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back