Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Comparison of the various routes

Gailsie

Past OR future Camino
Frances Fall '09 ;
Has anyone ever seen or done up a chart comparing the various camino routes by category to make a decision on which route to take? I have done the Camino Frances and am planning to walk again in 2014. I had thought of starting on the Aragonese and continuing on the Frances but a reply to a posting said not to walk alone and there might be snow in May so now I am reconsidering my options. Yesterday at our local camino get together I talked to a couple of women who had walked the Portugese route and they recommended it.

I know that I can read all the postings but was hoping that there might be some work done on comparing the various routes to Santiago. Even if it is basic, it would be a place to begin my research.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

grayland

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Yes
The problem with this comparison would be the subjective nature of each pilgrims experience.
For some the ease of walking with the least elevation would rate highest, some would find the distance between accommodation most important, and others would have the solitude or conversely the comradeship of large crowded albergues as the hallmark of a "great" camino.

I have found that I can get a pretty good feel for each route by reading the blogs that are available. I often find they are often opposite in the views of each blogger (on each route) and how they found the things that were important to them..but you still get an idea of how the route goes.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads