• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Competition: How well do you know Santiago de Compostela?

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
Here is a bit of fun...
If you haven't already read Pilgrimage to Heresy, or even if you have, you might like to have a signed copy arrive on your doorstep.
I have just posted this competition on my blog at http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com
All you have to do is to identify the location of the photo on the blog post. Send your answer to me at priscillianmartyr@yahoo.com and be sure to indicate whether you would like to receive Pilgrimage to Heresy in English, or Spanish (Peregrinos de la Herejía)
There are three copies up for grabs.
Buen Camino and Good Luck!
Tracy Saunders
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com

P.S. Competition closes September 30th

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
Well, I was surprised that more of you didn't recognise a detail of the cathedral from the wonderful model in the Museo das Peregrinaciones. Most just said "the Museum". As it was, I had two correct entries:
Maggie Croft from Wellington, New Zealand (Maggie e-mailed me an almost identifical photo!)
and
Our own dear SillyDoll from South Africa who knows a lot of things about a lot of things!
My car is in the shop 'til Friday (engine work - sob) but I'll have both your copies in the mail by next weekend.
Congratulations! ¡Enhorabuena! :D :D
See the full model at http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

P.S. If you haven't been to the Museo das Peregrinaciones in Santiago, don't miss it. It's far more interesting than the Catrhedral museum, and better than that - it's free! Anyone wanting to do research there has the uses of the Museo's brilliantly stocked library and the librarian's vast knowledge of the pilgrimage.
P.P.S. By the end of this week, the bookshop Encontros on the Rua do Vilar in Santiago should have some more copies of Pilgrimage to Heresy in English.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Yay!!!!
THANK YOU Tracy!!
I never win prizes and books are my BEST things!

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
De nada, hija.......... :D

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 200 15.2%
  • May