• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Complete your Camino de Santiago at Burger King in Leon!!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just found this in looking through old photos...Gave me a good laugh.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I won't throw stones. I have actually eaten at a Burger King in Leon. Probably that one. :D
While not a huge fan of fast food establishments, I was very hungry and nothing else was open that time of day. No doubt if offered I would have ordered that peregrino special menu and gladly kept the cap as a souvenir. :D

I won't throw stones. I have actually eaten at a Burger King in Leon. Probably that one. :D
While not a huge fan of fast food establishments, I was very hungry and nothing else was open that time of day. No doubt if offered I would have ordered that peregrino special menu and gladly kept the cap as a souvenir. :D
Ate at BK in Leon and Santiago three times, 2015, 2016, and 2018. Hope to repeate that in 2020.

Yeah, don't laugh, but when I am at Santiago for weeks, I sometimes just want a plain old American style burger. The easiest way is to go to the Burger King, next to the KFC, on the first block between Plaza de Galicia and Alameda Park.

I usually order a small salad, a Double Cheeseburger, and a bebida (beverage). The cost is about the same as the advert above (€7). I avoid the fries. While I really do like Spanish cooking and foods, it IS a pleasant respite. It is cheap, reliable, and safe to eat. Besides, my stomach likes it.

It is all good. But the photos above are several years old.

Hope this helps.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yeah, don't laugh, but when I am at Santiago for weeks, I sometimes just want a plain old American style burger. The easiest way is to go to the Burger King, next to the KFC, on the first block between Plaza de Galicia and Alameda Park.

I usually order a small salad, a Double Cheeseburger, and a bebida (beverage). The cost is about the same as the advert above (€7). I avoid the fries. While I really do like Spanish cooking and foods, it IS a pleasant respite. It is cheap, reliable, and safe to eat. Besides, my stomach likes it.

It is all good. But the photos above are several years old.

Hope this helps.
I know that location well. I stayed around the corner from there after a Camino a few years back. I did have a hankering for a fast food burger, but for some reason I have never liked Burger King. Carl's Jr. I tried once and threw in the garbage after the second bite. If it was a McDonalds I would have stopped there for sure. Last year, after the Norte I was in Madrid for a few days and there was a 5 Guys. I don't know if you are aware of this chain. Not as good as In N Out but really good. I do like their fries a little better than In N Out. It was on Gran Via of all places! I was tempted to go in but a burger was like 9 or 10 Euros. Which I thought was really outrageous. Also the line was out the door to get in. There must have been 20 people waiting.
A day later I walked by, it was less crowded, it smelled great and I said the hell with it and went nuts!!! Not only did I have the cheeseburger but I had fries, and a hot dog! I think when the gluttony was over I spent like 20 Euros. But what's a pilgrim to do??????

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I honestly want one of those hats as well. Quite the novelty. :cool:
Yes, I agree. I love silly things like that for novelty's sake. Would happily wear while walking the Way. I do not get hung up so much on thinking it is a terrible mocking of a centuries old religious pilgrimage. Besides, if one were to make a hierarchy list of terrible mocking's of the Way of Saint James, a burger, fries and drink combination meal with a cap (actually would serve some use in shielding the sun) would rank quite low on said list. :D

Besides, if one were to make a hierarchy list of terrible mocking's of the Way of Saint James, a burger, fries and drink combination meal with a cap (actually would serve some use in shielding the sun) would rank quite low on said list. :D

I think the cap is pretty tacky but I agree that there are worse things around tied to the Caminos. The official 2010 Camino mascot for one!

1554654884937.png

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Arde en lo mas bajo rincón de infiernno, pendejo. Com cuatro hamburguesas metidas en la garganta!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Last year, after the Norte I was in Madrid for a few days and there was a 5 Guys. I don't know if you are aware of this chain. Not as good as In N Out but really good. I do like their fries a little better than In N Out. It was on Gran Via of all places!

I actually saw three different 5 Guys places around that general area. That is so funny. I would expect a McDonalds or a Burger King, but the 5 Guys took me by complete surprise :)

I don't need another cap but I am sorry I missed the Whopper wine.
Burger King CEBRATES ITS 40TH ANNIVERSARY WITH AN EXCLUSIVE EDITION OF WINE
09/15/2015 - 01:00

• To celebrate this anniversary BURGER KING ® has created WHOPPER ® WINE, a combination of flavors and aromas that brings together the sensations of the last 40 years of the brand in Spain and Europe.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Gee, this has the ring of "two buck chuck..." that is the stuff you drank when nothing else is affordable...

Then again, I have never had a bad wine in Spain either. Some were better or worse than others, but none that I would consider unpalatable. I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised.

I fly to Oviedo on 1 May, then onto Santiago a couple of days later. As I cannot walk a Camino this year, I offered to volunteer for extra time this year. So I will be volunteering from 6 - 20 May at the Pilgrim Office.

Stop by and say hi if you are in town then. Add a grey beard to my avatar photo and imagine a turquoise voluntario camiseta and you have the picture...an overgrown Papa Smurf...

About 2 kms before the Santiago Cathedral I turned off the marked path to walk the extra 1-2 km to McDs. (I love iPhone GPS). Many kind pilgrims were shouting to me that I was going the wrong way. I just smiled and waved. When I arrived at the restaurant and ordered a meal, I asked the Manager if she had a stamp. She dashed into her office to find it and came out and gave me a big hug. Best "Buen Camino" I ever got!

The neit time your in Spain and on any Camino look for a Fosters Hollywood restaurant. They have been in Spain since 1971 and are in all big cities even Leon Burgos Santiago Barcelona . They started in Madrid . The burgers are 1/4 and 1/2 ponders and charcoal broiled. The also have ribs and Tex-mex. not fast feed but good food!!
Enjoy.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
About 2 kms before the Santiago Cathedral I turned off the marked path to walk the extra 1-2 km to McDs.
There's a Mickey-Ds right smack on the Ingles - you have to walk around it as you're coming near the old part of Santiago. So if you're hankering for fast food or just want those McDonald's arches in your credential...
(I not much of a fan of McDonalds, but the stamp touches my funny bone...and the Manager's response touches my heart.)

There's a Mickey-Ds right smack on the Ingles - you have to walk around it as you're coming near the old part of Santiago. So if you're hankering for fast food or just want those McDonald's arches in your credential...
(I not much of a fan of McDonalds, but the stamp touches my funny bone...and the Manager's response touches my heart.)
I'll have to remember that come October :)

The one I went to is about 500 metres from the Santiago bus station. Perhaps it is the same one that davebugg mentioned.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That looks great! But I gotta say the BURGER
at FOSTERS Hollywood restaurant in Santiago
Is maybe more memorable. And they have really great onion rings too🍔

With all the traditional treats and food around , one goes to Spain and eats at BK?? Really! Jeepers , You could have had a Pilgrims menu with a cravat of wine for almost the same price?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I don't eat at Burger King in the States, and probably wouldn't in Leon or anywhere else on the Camino, though I DID walk in to check out the prices, and to see if their combos were similar to those in the US. I was almost shocked to see how expensive it was compared to almost anywhere else a peregrino would want to eat. No judgment though. I unapologetically admit to finding Oreos in Melide and, with some other Americans, gleefully wolfing them down in a heartbeat. The perfect medicine.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In the hot summer of 2012, my first Camino, I was well past the half way point and was "craving" some sort of familiar American fast food. I really didn't care which one at that point. While walking just before (I think) Leon I saw a McDonald's wrapper littering the ground along the side of the road. This whet my appetite even further, knowing some sort of junk food was within reach. I continued walking on the same road and began passing more and more littered McDonald's food wrappers, drinking straws and cups and knew I was getting closer to my piece of Nirvana !
Eventually I came upon the restaurant, located adjacent to a park and a river. I parked my butt in there for easily an hour and consumed several burgers. Needless to say I left there miserable and regretting the carnivorous experience the rest of the day.
Isn't it amazing how many simple Camino experiences we take part in and look back years later and can laugh about?

Last edited:
Oh, Yes! I ate a Wopper, fries and an Oreo shake at the BK across from the main Cerrero in Leon! Oh, my! After weeks of eating (admittedly great) pallea, tortillas and caldo galego, I whoofed that stuff down. So good. But...I then topped it off with a banana-chocolate and whipped cream crepe at a small shop just behind the beautiful Gaudi building!😜😂

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Logrono -The Camino Provides!

Several years ago, at the end of an immensely long and tiring day, I staggered into Logrono and off the beaten path, looking for an obscure pension. And there, on the wonderfully named Gran Via del Rey Juan Carlos I, I encountered a Burger King restaurant. ... Dear friends! I was at the end of my energy, the end of my tether, and that Burger King restaurant shone before me as if it were Santiago itself, or Canterbury, or Lourdes, or Jerusalem! It was one of "those" moments! ... I entered -- I simply could not help myself! And there I was privileged to enjoy the greatest hamburger ever eaten by mortal man!

I love that Burger King in Leon. In 2012 ,I retrieved enough crowns for my Camino Family. We wore them to dinner a few nights later and were the envy of everyone in Astorga.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In my humble opinion, and as a burger lover

The best burger I have ever had, anywhere in the world, is from the cafe of the albergue Santa Fe in Cardenuela de Riopico a few km before Burgos. (Never stayed in the albergue though).

First time I ordered one the lady gave me look that could kill. Then without a word stomped off out of the bar and down the road. Perplexed, I just sat and had my beer while my mates got served food that wasn't a burger. Five minutes later, the lady came back stomping up the street (looking like murder) with a carrier bag. Then cooked the best burger ever. When I told her she gave me a hug with a massive grin on her face!

Next time I passed through I told everyone with me to come and try it (I had been telling everyone on the camino for a week). We all walked in, ordered burgers, she glowered at us and stomped off down the street.

Homemade. Fit for a king they are. And grumpy lady turns into an angel when you tell her how much you adore them. Been there five times now.

Two of my buddies enjoying Hamberguesa Completa

128-16 Camilla follows up dinner with a hamberguesa completa.JPG

128-17 As do we all!!.JPG

You cannot even see the burger!

buen provecho
Davey

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back