• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Completed Camino Frances May 23

salmburg

Time of past OR future Camino
june 2015
Arrived Santiago de Compostela May 23, after walking 300km from Leon in 18 days. The swinging of the Botafumeiro in Santiago de Compostela Cathredhral was really cool. Started in St. Jean PP 3 years ago, and it took a total of 46 days ( in 4 segments ) to finish the 800km. Extremely lucky, in the 46 days, only 1 day of rain, and that was climbing up to O Cebreiro, but that was really only a drizzle, enough to make the path wet and muddy. Many thanks to my many Peregrino friends that I met along the way, that made the journey much easier: Dorina from Germany who helped me down a very rocky section near El Acebo, Drs. Manuel and his friend from Minnesota, George and son from Sydney, Yanni and her two Czech republic friends from Prague, John ( 80 yrs old from Brisbane, walking 40km per day! ), David and wife from Sydney ( who gave me some chocolates, when I was out of energy ), Tara from Lyon, Madeline from Denmark, Michelle and Sylvia from Lille, and many others whom I forgot names, from South Africa, Columbia, Finland, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Croatia, Poland, Sweden, UK, France, Spain, Germany and Italy. And special thanks to Istvan and Barbara, who ran Corazon Puro in Bizkarreta in 2015. Hopefully, they will be able to return to Spain, and re-open Corazon Puro. . Buen Camino mi amigos. Gracias.

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Well done.
I hope the Camino was everything you expected...and far more :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
And special thanks to Istvan and Barbara, who ran Corazon Puro in Bizkarreta in 2015. Hopefully, they will be able to return to Spain, and re-open Corazon Puro. . Buen Camino mi amigos. Gracias.
I second this! Corazon Puro was the perfect way to start my Camino journey.

Congrats. I have a sense you will not be hanging up your boots just yet!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Congratulations and buen camino as your life journey continues. I stayed at Corazon Puro in September 2017. It was a wonderful place with a very kind and caring host and the most excellent pilgrim meal. Is it not there anymore?

Istvan and Barbara, a Hungarian couple rented the building and ran Corazón Puro for many years, but had to go back to Hungary in 2017 because of some family health problems. Corazón Puro is a trade marked name, and apparently an Argentinian then rented the building and stole the name without any notice, and this new style Camino-business is far away from their original concept. The new hospitalero may be good, but he is wrong to use the same name.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back