• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Completed the Camino Ingles

Urban trekker1

Urban Trekker1
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles (May 2013)

Caminho Portuguese (May 2014)
Camino Frances (May 2015)
I finished walking the Camino the end of May. Sorry to take so long to put this out. The rain stopped the day we left Ferrol. Late start so we spent the night in Neda. Pleasant walk, nice albergue (they have a washer), great people, excellent photo op. Next morning we stopped at Hermida café/bar for our AM tea and pastry. The owner gave us a journal and small pencil (nice 2 color sallo). We decided not to spend the night in Pontedume (big mistake, my feet self destructed) and pushed on to Mino. Albergue was a ways out of town. The local Safety Patrol gave us a ride into town. Day 3 we kept short, we had not recovered from our long walk the day before, stopping for the night in Betzanos. What a treat. The albergue was new and a short walk to the main plaza and people watching, and we were invited to tour a private"by invitation" art school close by. Day 4 and 5 we did as recommended by Johnny Walker. We broke up the trek from Betzanos to Bruma into 2 days staying at the Pension O Meson (Antonio and his family are great hosts) and then the albergue in Bruma (a local restaurant takes orders and delivers, great spread). Both places were great. Day 6 was our longest day walking, spending the night at Hotel Miras in Sigueiro, it was scruffy at best but food was good. Day seven Santiago! We stayed at the Mundo Albergue, a short 2 blocks from the church, and made new friends and met some old one . I'm already planning my next Caminho for May/June next year.

Bom Cominho:)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.