• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Compostela For the Via de la Plata

Time of past OR future Camino
French 13th August 2018
This may seem a silly question but if one walks the VdlP from Seville to Zamora then proceeds along the Sanabres to Santiago do you receive a Compostela and if so for which route. Do you also have to get 2 stamps a day for the last 100 klm.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This may seem a silly question but if one walks the VdlP from Seville to Zamora then proceeds along the Sanabres to Santiago do you receive a Compostela and if so for which route. Do you also have to get 2 stamps a day for the last 100 klm.

If you walk the last 100 km (2 stamps per day), you get a Compostela. As for the route, I assume it's the Plata for the stats, or the Sanabrés? not sure

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

1. Yes
2. Via de la Plata
3. YES!!!

BC SY

At the Pilgrim Office counter, the actual route you walked is only an issue if you request an optional (€3) Distance Certificate. The stamps in your credencial will tell the staff whether you walked via Astorga, joining the Frances from the de la Plata, or from the south on the Sanabres.

Either way, the distance certificate would statw that you walked the Camino Via de la Plata.

All the other answers above are also correct.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I walked the VdP from Seville combined with the Sanabrés in 2018 and did NOT collect two stamps per day on last 100 km (starting in Ourense). I found it somehow ridicoulous after a 1.000 km pilgrimage. And the clerk at the pilgrims office had no problem to give the compostela to me.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked the VdP from Seville combined with the Sanabrés in 2018 and did NOT collect two stamps per day on last 100 km (starting in Ourense). I found it somehow ridicoulous after a 1.000 km pilgrimage. And the clerk at the pilgrims office had no problem to give the compostela to me.

Yes that CAN happen BUT it is not always the case. It clearly states this rule since several years in the credencial and it is really easy to get two stamps/day on the last 100km, so why not doing it?

BC SY

That is because most of the better staffers and veteran volunteers can take one look at you and your "accouterments" and make an on-the-spot call of long-distance credibility. While working with people in and around the pilgrim office, I can always pot those you have walked longer distances.

The only time I get messed up is if they come the day AFTER arrival and have gotten all cleaned up, shaved, and have fresh clean clothes...without 'el olor del peregrinos."

I have had the same thing happen to me when I have walked longer Caminos and gone to the office directly.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
...perhaps, because you´re getting short on stamp fields in your credencial :cool:
put the stamp on a paper napkin or bit of paper, or buy a second credentia, they don't have to all be on the same credentia. One bloke walked from le puy 1,715k using the same credentia he'd also used 20 years before for the same route. He was given a compostela.

We have had this discussion many many times. The rule is crystal clear. Its application can vary. Everyone is free to take their chances, but at least we are trying to provide accurate information! :D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back