• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Compostela or Passport: Which Means More to You?

tomnorth

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: September 24 - October 31 (2015)
With all the talk about the long lines at the Pilgrim’s Office, I’ve been thinking about which document carries more meaning for me, my Compostela or my passport. The passport is a tactile reminder of the journey. I like to take it out once in awhile and look at all the selos. I had thought I would frame the passport, but I decided not to so that I could hold it and show others. The Compostela signifies completion of the pilgrimage. My Compostela is framed and hangs in our living room. If you told me I could only keep one, I’d choose my passport. I’m even wondering whether I will get a Compostela when I walk next year. The one reason I may still do so is that it is something that may mean more to my children and grandchildren.

I’m curious what others think about the emotional significance of these two documents. If you had to choose one to keep, which would it be?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’m curious what others think about the emotional significance of these two documents. If you had to choose one to keep, which would it be?

To me, my passport was always going to be the part that I treasure. I didn't even try to get a Compostela.
My passport hangs in a small clear plastic envelope in my tiny office in front of my scallop shell, a reminder of the journey, the places I saw, the people I met. Oh, and the tortillas I devoured.

My passport. Without a doubt. Indeed, I put my compostela in the paper shredder last time. This is not out of character for me. I have also shredded all three diplomas for each degree. My colleagues have been horrified, but it is my transcripts that are both more meaningful to me, and the only valid documents for any employment I should seek. The passport tells a greater story to me than the compostela did, and I continue to take the passport out as a reference/guide to what I can accomplish on this go in summer 2018. 2018 will be my second and final CF. My passport will have different stopping points on it, and the journey this time with be shared for 400 to 500 k with my Dear Spouse.
When and if we get to make another journey, we will go to Portugal. If I can ever go a 4th time, it will be as a graduation gift to our son who wants to do the north route (but he’s not a solo traveller). Beyond that I am dreaming of completing the Francigena over 3 segments. Will each of these happen? There is no way of knowing. Age, finances, catastrophes can all get in the way. But for each one the quotidian record of the journey will be the unique thing. The Compostela in Santiago is the same each time. I do not know if I will collect mine when we arrive in September this year.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I framed 4 of my Compostelas, 2 are the old style and 2 are the new style; they make a nice composition on the wall. My 10 plus completed passports sit on top of a large container of match packs I have collected over 30 years of foreign travel. You can’t collect those things anymore and they represent some of my greatest memories.

Much like Morgan above, I didn't want to store the Compostela at my house the rest of my life! So, after my wife obtained hers, I received the final Pilgims Office Sello, and gave them a nice donation. A win-win.
The Passports are in a document file with the other real US Passports - nice reminders of our journey.
My best memories are my photographs, as well as everyones here on the Forum!

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
My passports for sure. It is the one true record of the effort, distance, sacrifice and joy I committed to my Camino. I'm not even sure where my two compostelas are or when I finish the norte this fall if I'm going to stand in line for another one. I really doubt it. The first one was good however after the standing in line for the second I wondered why I spent all that time for something that attests to nothing more than the last 100km of my effort, but that's just me. I do recongnize and respect that for others it is very meaningful. My passports are readily at hand and trigger great memories of the good times and hard times.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
WThe passport is a tactile reminder of the journey. I like to take it out once in awhile and look at all the selos.......The Compostela signifies completion of the pilgrimage....... The one reason I may still do so is that it is something that may mean more to my children and grandchildren.
HA!! The line in bold is one I really relate to. It's been an ongoing joke in the family that
A. The only thing my grands will be inheriting from me if I work it right, will be a collection of Compostellas and Pilgrim Passports!! Hence all my planning and trolling of the internet right now, as I'm planning and have already booked passage for my sixth Camino. I have five sets and only require one more for the youngest grandson, Jonathan.
B. you can't put me in a home someday...if you can't find me!! We've always had our dark humor. but having actually had to do that heartbreaking task, I'm all the more determined not to end up there! So onward to the next long walk...double time!!! Ultreia Pilgrims!! ;)

Last edited:
With all the talk about the long lines at the Pilgrim’s Office, I’ve been thinking about which document carries more meaning for me, my Compostela or my passport. The passport is a tactile reminder of the journey. I like to take it out once in awhile and look at all the selos. I had thought I would frame the passport, but I decided not to so that I could hold it and show others. The Compostela signifies completion of the pilgrimage. My Compostela is framed and hangs in our living room. If you told me I could only keep one, I’d choose my passport. I’m even wondering whether I will get a Compostela when I walk next year. The one reason I may still do so is that it is something that may mean more to my children and grandchildren.

My friend, I think they are both equally important for different reasons. I remember walking with someone on my first Camino who was pontificating about how meaningless a Compostela is and that people who value it are all walking for the wrong reasons. Within seconds I sped up a little and I thankfully never saw him again. Now when I look at my 4 Compostelas, I realize they remind me of the physical and mental battles I fought and experienced with my internal pain my mind and body did to me and the external pain of the steep hills, rough roads,heat, rain, snow, cold and winds I felt and fought all through Spain, France and Portugal. The Compostela reminds me of the peace and quiet joy I felt when I realized I was much more than I ever thought I was and could accomplish much more than I ever imagined.
The Passports remind me of the nights I spent in Albergues and meeting people like you. I can remember watching and listening to you in Beilari in St Jean, then meeting up again in Orisson and walking those few days. Then the pure happiness seeing you again and your "new friends" (little private joke) in Santiago. There are so many others I have met and loved. Every time I look at my passport, I think of all my great Camino friends. It is even better when I see a stamp of an Allbergue and I remember someone else who will always be with me that I met at that Albergue. It all matters my friend.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Passport #1,. Fully filled credential #2, then Compostella. The credential full of stamps holds more memories

So....the question you posed was "if you had to choose one"....it would definintely be the passports. I filled up three along the way. They are like a chronicle of that fabulous journey. I do have my Compostela on the wall along with a collage poster of my favorite bridges and another one of all my Camino friends. I plan to fill up three more passports when I do the Portugués next year. Fortunately, I don't have to make that choice. :)
Buen Camino

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
When I look at my credential it brings back memories of each place.

Hola @tomnorth : as a two time pilgrim I have two of each (plus a distance walked certificate) and to tell the truth I do not choose between them. There are three frames on my study wall : one with the passports and two with the Compostelas. In fact there are actually four frames as I have map/chart of the Frances (1200/450 mm - or 48 inches by 15 inches). Cheers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi
For me it is my ring I bought in Santiago after returning from Finisterre, it's written Ultrea on it.

Both are as valuable as each other tom me. I framed them together. I'd probably do the same after my next camino too. Jon

Attachments

• IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is surprising unanimity in this thread. I observe that the first Compostela you earn is the most coveted, framed and referred to. But, subsequent Compostelas are less sought.

Personally, I have four. Mine are in an A4 sized binder I bought in Spain., Each certificate is in a plastic page protector, also A4 sized that I bought in Spain. I used a razor paper trimmer to reduce my distance certificates and volunteer appreciation certificates to A4 size. So, they are in the same binder.

To me this is the best way to store them, yet have them available to show when desired. It also reduces clutter around my home.

As for framing, I have a BIG MAP from Ivar's store (Case Ivar) framed on my family room wall. That allows me to plan and dream...

The PLUS side to eschewing future paper documents is that obtaining a sello currently requires no queuing at the Pilgrim Office. You merely tell the security person that you want only a sello "quiero solo sello." He/she will direct you straight into the courtyard, right at the decorative fountain and into the exit from the Compostela process.

Just inside the doorway, there is a cashier booth, where everything bought is paid for at one point. The staff person on duty there will stamp your passport / credencial to close out that credencial. This cathedral stamp also signifies you completed your Camino. There is no charge, but donations are always welcome.

My personal thought is that as the crowds increase, generally, and the numbers of solo sello pilgrims increases, they may have to establish an "up river" place to affix these stamps. There are two sellos to do the job right. One on the inside front cover and one as the final destination sello.

My thought is that, using the current process, this will either be at the current group office, in the lobby to the right. Or, at a table set up in the lobby proper, just off the street. In fact, I leave for Santiago to work there in 19 days. Thanks for putting this on my 2018 list of process improvement recommendations.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
These days my credential is far more important. On a number of occasions I have done just as @t2andreo suggests, and simply obtained a sello from the Pilgrims Office. The last Camino (VdlP) I did not even bother with that - I only had a day in SDC and no way was I willing to sacrifice a visit to the crypt to worship St James - or a visit to Taberna Obispo with my camino friends - in order to visit the Pilgrim Office.

But on my first Camino, the Compostela was very meaningful.

I'm with VNwalking and the others who see the journey (and for me, all that happened over 1,600 km, and before and after) as the thing.

Of course the passports can act as an aide memoire of specific things.

But it is the journey I travelled (a major contribution to my moving forward in my day to day life at home) that I treasure most.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I don't value either. I just remember I enjoyed the challenge and the people and it has increased my mindfulness.

I was in line for an hour and forty five minutes... yes with my pack on my back all 19 pounds of it... I think the question is silly and a sign someone is getting bored... walk... and walk more... no one will ask you to make a choice... walk... think about life... the people you encountered along the way... the people that may have helped you... walk, walk, ultrea... and Buen Camino...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Got 2 of each and greatly prefer the passports. It’s the journey rather than the destination.

.....I've not yet 'walked the walk' ...begin 03/09/18...however, like most of life, I feel it's the journey that matters (counts)....so it would be the passport for me.......!!!

On our Camino we walked a German pilgrim who was in his late sixties. He was from Hanover Germany and walked from his house to Santiago 7 times, a different route each time. He told us he only received 1 Compostela on his 1st walk in 2007. He had connected together all of his passports from every pilgrimage with him and he could tell us about most of the stamps and stories behind them. I have my 1st Compostela to say I received it. The credentials and stamps remind me of the journey, the people and the experiences. The continuation of our life pilgrimage in Spain will be next April.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The compostela for me this time. It represents the slogging through the rain, the mud, my camino angel Tabi believing that I could walk crazy long distances every day, getting out of my sick bed and walking 35 km even though the bus stop was nearby... Without the rules of walking the last 100 km, I could have taken the easy route and not pushed myself. Following the rules, I discovered strength I didn't know I had.

And thus the difference between a pilgrim and a hiker. The Compostela is a sign of a spiritual journey; the credential is a sign of a temporal one. Depending on one's spiritual beliefs, one will be more important than the other in that person's heart, whether it's displayed in a frame on a wall or not. This is not to denigrate the intentions of anyone who completes the Camino and receives that last stamp -- that is an accomplishment anyone can be proud of, no matter what their purpose for undertaking this journey.

And thus the difference between a pilgrim and a hiker. The Compostela is a sign of a spiritual journey; the credential is a sign of a temporal one. Depending on one's spiritual beliefs, one will be more important than the other in that person's heart, whether it's displayed in a frame on a wall or not. This is not to denigrate the intentions of anyone who completes the Camino and receives that last stamp -- that is an accomplishment anyone can be proud of, no matter what their purpose for undertaking this journey.
No matter were we trek, each step we take is as unto the Lord.

Hmmm. I am definitely not a hiker, but the Compostela is a certificate that is between the officials of the Catholic church and the recipient, whereas the spiritual is between the walker and his/her God.
I recall time I spent tutoring a nun who was from the same order in which my great-great aunt had been a Mother Superior. The nun I was tutoring wished to perfect her English for clinical use in her nursing work. We went to a gallery showing of art from the Vatican and I asked her whether she thought her God was more concerned about our belief in him or in our kindness and goodness to others. Sister Lim’s response was that he was not an insecure entity in need of our faith, but that faith was for our own benefit, and useless if we behaved in uncharitable ways.
When I walk locally I do it to care for my health and to care for someone very dependent on me who does best in a side-by-side conversation had in gentle motion. When I go out on Camino, I go with an eye and heart interested in the land, culture, language shifts, history (terrible and beautiful) of this unique road that joins me to the searchers of 2500 years. It’s not a hike. But I found my Compostela left me cold in the same way that other official documents of my accomplishments have done.
That is perhaps a personal quirk of mine, but it does not mean I was in it merely for the exercise or the scenery as “hiker” seems to suggest here.
I do understand that my friend’s Compostela is very special to him even though he is a Mennonite and finds great faults with the Catholic church. I am not a believer, but the Catholic church is my family’s heritage, and I value it for many reasons even though I can also criticize... but I do not need the verification from our church. I know what I have done, and do not require that reminder. It seems however that the passport drips endless reminders into my head each time I unfold it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was a spiritual Camino, coming on the heels of my father's death. I do not equate the Compostela or the credential as belonging to either the spiritual or temporal realm. My credential is alive with memories of a deeply spiritual journey. That's what makes it spiritual for me.

When I was walking, it was the Compostela. I couldn't imagine going all that way and not receiving one. But now that I'm home, it's the credential. I remember each sello. I posted a picture in "media" showing the cool frame I found at Target for $20. It hangs on the wall in my office. When people ask, I tell them: "I went for a long walk and wound up at the end of the world."

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
First camino I arrived in Santiago on Sept. 3, 2001, and was denied a Compostela. I was given the "thanks for coming certificate". I'd started in Roncesvalles; due to time constraints bused last bit. I did not know you had to walk last 100kms.

So, changed flight plans, took a train to Sarria, walked back to Santiago, arrived on September 9, 2001, was given opportunity to sign pilgrim's book, and received my Compostela.

Two days thereafter, on September 11, 2001 was standing on platform in Santiago while simultaneously my city was undergoing havoc. Had I not placed importance on receiving Compostela, I would have left Spain on September 8, 2001, as originally planned. And been in NYC on 9/11/2001.

So, that initial passport with two stamps from Pilgrim's office and my first Compostela have a deep, visceral, and spiritual meaning for me. I have three more of each and treasure those as well.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I am definitely not a hiker, but the Compostela is a certificate that is between the officials of the Catholic church and the recipient, whereas the spiritual is between the walker and his/her God.
I recall time I spent tutoring a nun who was from the same order in which my great-great aunt had been a Mother Superior. The nun I was tutoring wished to perfect her English for clinical use in her nursing work. We went to a gallery showing of art from the Vatican and I asked her whether she thought her God was more concerned about our belief in him or in our kindness and goodness to others. Sister Lim’s response was that he was not an insecure entity in need of our faith, but that faith was for our own benefit, and useless if we behaved in uncharitable ways.
When I walk locally I do it to care for my health and to care for someone very dependent on me who does best in a side-by-side conversation had in gentle motion. When I go out on Camino, I go with an eye and heart interested in the land, culture, language shifts, history (terrible and beautiful) of this unique road that joins me to the searchers of 2500 years. It’s not a hike. But I found my Compostela left me cold in the same way that other official documents of my accomplishments have done.
That is perhaps a personal quirk of mine, but it does not mean I was in it merely for the exercise or the scenery as “hiker” seems to suggest here.
I do understand that my friend’s Compostela is very special to him even though he is a Mennonite and finds great faults with the Catholic church. I am not a believer, but the Catholic church is my family’s heritage, and I value it for many reasons even though I can also criticize... but I do not need the verification from our church. I know what I have done, and do not require that reminder. It seems however that the passport drips endless reminders into my head each time I unfold it.
When I used the words "pilgrim" and "hiker" I was merely assigning titles to two broad groups -- those who walk for religious or spiritual reasons and those that don't. The Compostela is, as stated on the website of the Pilgrim's Office (https://oficinadelperegrino.com/en/pilgrimage/the-compostela/), a certificate available for those who "Make the pilgrimage for religious or spiritual reasons, or at least an attitude of search". I can certainly see why someone who is not walking for those reasons would not value the Compostela in the same way a person who is walking for those purposes. That is why the Certificate of Distance is available as an alternative to (or a supplement to) the Compostela.

I also understand why the Credential is such a valued document. I must admit that when my backpack containing both my Compostela and my completed Credential was stolen, I was more distressed over losing the Credential than the Compostela because I realized that I could never replace the Credential, but the Pilgrim's Office does have a procedure for replacement of a lost or stolen Compostela. So yes, the Credential has special meaning for both the "pilgrim" and the "hiker", whereas the Compostela has perhaps more of a special meaning for the "religious," "spiritual," or the avowed "searcher".

I don't value either. I just remember I enjoyed the challenge and the people and it has increased my mindfulness.

I did get a compostela the first time we arrived in Santiago de Compostela but do not see a need to continue getting them. The sellos comes in handy as we walk because after a while, I am not sure of where we were..things start merging!

I usually make a slide show after each trip-mostly highlighting the people and conditions we dealt with in various locations.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I treasure both of them. The Compostela reminds me, that I did this walk for a reason other than just to do a hike. The passport recalls memorable moments and places along the way.
For me, this is true as well....Both my Compostela's remind me that I walked my two Caminos with significant medical and health challenges and also they remind me of two significant birthdays. My passports are absolutely so special in so many ways.....they remind me of all the places where I stopped, the people I met at various times, the Albergues where I spent many a happy night, (sometimes though, not so happy, especially when pain overtook my sleep) and, of course, the cafes where I stopped and enjoyed the company of others who were travelling with the same goals and in the same direction as myself....ie. my Camino Family.....absolutely priceless Susanawee

My wife and I just walked into Santiago last Tuesday. One of the biggest and emotional thrills of my life, walking together for nearly 500 miles.
We waited an hour in line at the Pilgim's Office to receive our compostela and distance certificates. Well worth the wait, talking with other excited pilgrims in line.
I treasure my compostela and my passports; I have nearly 3 full ones. They're all going to be framed and hung in our house for all to see and for us to recall wonderful memories.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Hi I don't put the passport or compostela on the wall or do I put marathon medals or diplomas only wallpaper I did these things for me alone if people want to see these items I will show them i dont need to brag of how fit or clever I am they was done for me not anybody else

I'm with Cayou and, I am sure, others, in that I choose option #3, my photos. Well, actually, my most cherished memory/possession/ongoing gifts are those few folks I met with whom I continue to stay in touch. Next, it's the photos, then the sello, then the compostella. Now that I think about it, my most cherished "thing" is planning my next camino! :)

I agree with Nate Bissonette. When I was walking it was the compostella, which is framed in my bedroom. I had never done anything like this before and if I finished it was very important to have that validation. When I got home I framed it along with my credential, but after so many years hanging on the wall one day I noticed that many of the sellos had faded to nothing! That’s when I realized it was my credential that was the most meaningful, so I unframed and put it away so it couldn’t deteriorate further. The photos are important now, too, because after 15 years they help me to remember the beautiful places and people there.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My passports for sure. It is the one true record of the effort, distance, sacrifice and joy I committed to my Camino. I'm not even sure where my two compostelas are or when I finish the norte this fall if I'm going to stand in line for another one. I really doubt it. The first one was good however after the standing in line for the second I wondered why I spent all that time for something that attests to nothing more than the last 100km of my effort, but that's just me. I do recongnize and respect that for others it is very meaningful. My passports are readily at hand and trigger great memories of the good times and hard times.
Well said agree 100%

I just completed my first Camino last week. After emerging through the throngs of tourists, the tourist trains and touring groups in the cathedral square, I was a little more than disappointed with my journeys end. I decided that the journey was the important factor and my passport represented that. The finish, the Compostela, was of little importance so I chose to not get it. That’s just my feelings in the matter. I enjoyed the journey not the finish. -Gigi

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

You probably already know this but FWIW you can dedicate your compestella to someone else. This might add an additional significance for your family and make the wait even more worthwhile!

HA!! The line in bold is one I really relate to. It's been an ongoing joke in the family that
A. The only thing my grands will be inheriting from me if I work it right, will be a collection of Compostellas and Pilgrim Passports!! Hence all my planning and trolling of the internet right now, as I'm planning and have already booked passage for my sixth Camino. I have five sets and only require one more for the youngest grandson, Jonathan.
B. you can't put me in a home someday...if you can't find me!! We've always had our dark humor. but having actually had to do that heartbreaking task, I'm all the more determined not to end up there! So onward to the next long walk...double time!!! Ultreia Pilgrims!! ;)
I'm with you brother, Take me while I'm walking Lord!

Both are treasures to me. However, the compostela is like a certificate of graduation while the passport is the record of my camino step by step. I value the passport more than the compostela. Whenever I open my passport from the first stamp to the last one, I still can see the kind people I met at each albergue vividly in my mind.

After CF, I continued my trip to Coimbra, Fátima, Lisbon, Caceres, Sevilla, Granada, Murcia, Valencia, Barcelona, Zaragoza and Madrid where I asked for a stamp like CF at each stay. I found that the alb at CF care about the stamp design more than other cities I traveled afterwards. The stamps I collected from CF are so beautiful like the people on the camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I have walked both the Camino Frances and the Norte and I will walk the top half of the Portugués in the fall. I have two regular Compostelas, and 2015 also got another one because there was some celebration of St. Francis, and the French church was issuing Compostelas for the event.

In 2013, after my first Camino, yes, I was happy to get the Compostela as part of my symbols of completion. The only reason I got those documents in 2015 was because I do some Camino talks at Colorado State University and thought it would be interesting for the attendees to see the kinds of celebratory documents I was given.

However, what means the most to me are my Camino passports, the credencials. I am secular, peaceful atheist and the Compostela, with its Latin language, seems throwback to my former Catholic childhood, which I discarded in my 20s.

The Camino passports, on the other hand, are like collaged works of art, with all of the colorful and varied stamps. I keep them in a Ziploc bag in a basket with other Camino books and maps, and take the basket with me when I do talks for service organizations, senior centers, retirement communities, or CSU.

they will probably go in memory trunks for each of my three children. When I am finished with the Camino Portuguese, I will have enough for each of my adult children.

It is interesting to read the comments. Everyone has their own Camino in their own way of walking and there on time and distance. And each one chooses his or her own way to remember the journey.

"Both are rolled up together in my "Compostella tube, with a few saved"Eucalyptus caps". The passport holds the story! All places where I stayed and a choice few stops. I pulled it out to review the stages I did, for my upcoming"Fall Camino"! Both Compostellas sit "rolled", rarely viewed, certainly not framed.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.