A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Compostela questions for Santiago and Finesterre

2020 Camino Guides

motero99

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2019
Camino Norte (2020)
How long do you have after finishing the Camino to get your certificate in Santiago?
I am thinking of continuing on to Finisterre immediately after arriving in Santiago. Is there any reason that my credentials would not be accepted if I returned to Santiago 3 or 4 days later and went to the Camino office? If I do hike to Finesterre present my stuff after, does that get added on to the distance on the certificate or is there a separate one for the Finesterre trip? I can't remember what the certificates are called from my Camino Frances journey last year, but I do remember there were two, a distance one and one for completing the Camino. I am planning on do the Camino Norte this year.
thank you

jgiesbrecht

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances in March-April 2020
There are seperate certificates given in both Muxia and Finisterre for for those portions.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
How long do you have after finishing the Camino to get your certificate in Santiago?
I am thinking of continuing on to Finisterre immediately after arriving in Santiago. Is there any reason that my credentials would not be accepted if I returned to Santiago 3 or 4 days later and went to the Camino office? If I do hike to Finesterre present my stuff after, does that get added on to the distance on the certificate or is there a separate one for the Finesterre trip? I can't remember what the certificates are called from my Camino Frances journey last year, but I do remember there were two, a distance one and one for completing the Camino. I am planning on do the Camino Norte this year.
thank you
You can go get your Compostela 4 days, 4 weeks, or 4 months later.

Camineiro

Camino(s) past & future
several
In case you do the complete roundway “Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago“ (or SdC-Muxia-Fisterra-SdC) you may collect a second Compostela in Santiago, as you fulfill the 100km requirement.

I recommend to collect the seperate pilgrim‘s passport (credencial) for the Camino de Finisterre in the galician TouristOffice, which is located in the same building as the pilgrim‘s office. The credencial is for free.

supersullivan

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago 2012. SJPP-Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia 2013. Ponferrada-Santiago June 2014. Leon-Santiago-Finisterre September 2014. April-May 2015: SJPP- S de C- Finisterre -Muxia- S de C.
If you walk from S. de C. to Finisterre to Muxia and then back to S. de C, you could, if you wish, collect a Finisterra, Muxiana and another compostela once you remember to get the necessary 'sellos' for the compostela.

leicoppes

Camino(s) past & future
camino frances2013 camino primtivo2015 camino portugues2017
In case you do the complete roundway “Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago“ (or SdC-Muxia-Fisterra-SdC) you may collect a second Compostela in Santiago, as you fulfill the 100km requirement.

I recommend to collect the seperate pilgrim‘s passport (credencial) for the Camino de Finisterre in the galician TouristOffice, which is located in the same building as the pilgrim‘s office. The credencial is for free.
In 2017 I walked thé Camino Portugees from Coimbra and got my Compostela and then I started my walk Santiago-Muxias-Finisterre-Santiago and got my second Compostela!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock