Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Compostela

larryflo

The Camino Ingles is not 100 km. Does anybody have a way to get it to 100 km so that one can obtain the Compostela in Santiago?

Larry

When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Past OR future Camino
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
My good friend Stephen Nicolls and forum member walked first from A Coruña to Hospital de Bruma, then took the bus to Ferrol and walked from there to Santiago.
More than enough to apply for a Compostela certificate.

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
If you have the time, you might consider starting in Covas, just north of Ferrol, and walking around the headland. Its a wonderful first day, and adds about 28 km to the distance.
Hi Doug, how easy was it to get from Ferrol to Covas? Are connections such that you can bus up and walk back to Ferrol the same day or does it involve an overnight? I am taking a group out to do the Ingles next June and may consider extending to Covas if it works out logistically.
Thanks
Mig

Last edited:

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
There is a bus service from Ferrol to Covas, and the albergue is then a short walk. I took a taxi from the bus/train station, which took 20 minutes or so.

In my case, I arrived mid-afternoon. There was no prospect of walking around the headland back to Ferrol at that time, so I had always planned to stay at the albergue and walk the next day. However, as the crow flies it is not that far, and I think you might find forum members who have used the albergue and walked back across the headland to Ferrol, about 10km.

The albergue has beds for 18 from memory, and is close to the village supermarket and a couple of cafes. Note, however, that do not provide an early, pilgrim, meal but serve dinner later in the evening.

Last edited:
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads